Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Not entirely, she'd still have to win Kerry states + VA + CO to win. Or one other state if she lost either Iowa or NH. Believe me, I've been through every nightmare scenario on 270towin.

Why are you using Kerry???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
It's good that this is happening, because Boosted was getting tired of all the winning and now he can get a little rest.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

euphronius posted:

Why are you using Kerry???

The Kerry states are a shorthand for "all the typically safe Democratic states in a presidential election."

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

You could use the :obama: 2012 states but then the election's already a foregone conclusion and the whole thought exercise is rendered pointless.

538's Nowcast has jumped to almost 84%; polls-only 65%, polls+ 68%.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

nachos posted:

I've seen 3 separate news sources mention clinton being called the devil so this might be the thing of the day

I hope not. That was clear hyperbole. Harping on it will just make the media look petulant.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

The Kerry states are a shorthand for "all the typically safe Democratic states in a presidential election."

????

There's been two elections since then.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Epic High Five posted:

Being called the devil is like, white noise by the standards of the attacks that have been levied against her. What's the big deal with this one?

That's why I'm confused news sources are even bothering to mention this. I figured it's just a throwaway comment.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it's newsworthy that the presidential nominee for a so called major party is using such language to describe the other nominee.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

euphronius posted:

????

There's been two elections since then.

Not sure what your point is? I was saying "these are the states Hillary Clinton needs to win to mathematically surpass 270 EVs" which I could list in alphabetical order or just say "Kerry states plus these other ones."

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Because of shifting demographics, in a normal election Georgia may be a toss up or even blue in about a decade.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

euphronius posted:

I think it's newsworthy that the presidential nominee for a so called major party is using such language to describe the other nominee.

lyin' crooked hillary rotten clinton, sometimes referred to as the devil

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

I guess another way to put it would be "She can lose x and y from the Obama states and win z and still win" but that becomes a mouthful.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mannerup posted:

lyin' crooked hillary rotten clinton, sometimes referred to as the devil

Like he refers to her now as just Crooked. I wonder if he'll just refer to her as "the Devil" . What is the feminine form of devil.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/760440878280433664

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jesus

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

euphronius posted:

What is the feminine form of devil.

For him? "Independent woman".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe they should go back and nominate Ivanka instead.

Everyone seems to like her.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

This was Clinton 46 - Trump 45 before the DNC. So the 7 point bump really is A Thing.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

loving hell

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

Maybe they should go back and nominate Ivanka instead.

Everyone seems to like her.

Nominate a registered Democrat? Unlikely

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hillary looked good at the con.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The fact that Trump thought it was chill that she should change /careers/ if harassed should have gotten more play but for his awful weekend. Same with the fundraising failures.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Nominate a registered Democrat? Unlikely

Lol no way. Hahahahaha.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Piquai Souban posted:

The fact that Trump thought it was chill that she should change /careers/ if harassed should have gotten more play but for his awful weekend. Same with the fundraising failures.

Even I missed the Fundraising failure news, what's the word?

euphronius posted:

Lol no way. Hahahahaha.

Even if she changed it by now, did you hear her speech at the RNC? She's a Democrat to the core if she's not totally disingenuous, and doubtless if her father weren't at the top of the GOP ticket that's how she'd vote

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Epic High Five posted:

Even I missed the Fundraising failure news, what's the word?

Trump raised an "unheard of" $35.8 million. Very great, much money.

:ssh: Romney raised $101 million four years ago.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/760278970659115008

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

The craziest part of this whole thing is that at every single opportunity, they gently caress anything and everything up but they're still going to get 40+% of the vote...nothing matters.

If I thought they were smarter I'd say they were doing it all on purpose to show how hosed up 40% of America is, but they're not that smart.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

prefect posted:

Trump raised an "unheard of" $35.8 million. Very great, much money.

:ssh: Romney raised $101 million four years ago.

Well it's unprecedented but not the way he thinks.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I'm actually having trouble parsing what "to be objected to it" means here. Does he mean she wouldn't allow herself to be subjected to it? That's a lovely thing to say, and is pretty much victim-blaming. Or does he mean she wouldn't find it objectionable? Because that's an even shittier thing to say.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He or the tweetor meant subjected

Which is basically blaming the victims.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He almost certainly meant to say subjected, which is to say that he apparently believes that any woman who is sexually harassed must like it if they don't quietly leave without pressing charges (seeing as the other interpretation - that pressing charges was a way of not being subjected to it - has been dismissed by Trump in his frequent defenses of Ailes)

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Inferior Third Season posted:

I'm actually having trouble parsing what "to be objected to it" means here. Does he mean she wouldn't allow herself to be subjected to it? That's a lovely thing to say, and is pretty much victim-blaming. Or does he mean she wouldn't find it objectionable? Because that's an even shittier thing to say.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

He uses "subjected" in the same paragraph so I'm gonna go with blaming the victim.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

she looks like she's just chilling

imo

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Clinton campaign says they raised $90 million in July.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lmfao "yeah just take your sexual harassment complaints to hr, they'll make sure the guy that runs the company is properly dealt with"

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Antti posted:

We might start seeing resignations too as the rats realize they're on a sinking ship. The whole Trump operation was full of opportunists in the first place, second-tier Republican hacks (which is saying something) only glommed onto him as a way to get to the top.

If he really does dive in the polls and stay there, it's going to start feeding a vicious circle because he's all about Winning.

I feel a warning of hubris is in order, speculating about the destruction of the Trump campaign, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eblTCCZbyno

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Slate Action posted:

Clinton campaign says they raised $90 million in July.

It's all hedge fund money so it doesn't count.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Inferior Third Season posted:

I'm guessing he was originally going to say "to be objectified" but changed his mind to "subjected to it" at the last moment and mashed the two together.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2.5 : 1

But he hasn't started campaigning yet .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
mr trump please stop i cant handle all the winning!!

• Locked thread