Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

you have even less room to talk, you ride a motorcycle and should never have anything in your ears

no, when you ride a motorcycle you wear ear plugs because the unmuffled wind noise at >60mph is above the threshold that leads to long-term hearing loss.

this is recommended by state authorities and the motorcycle safety foundation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
That's nature's way of telling you you're going too fast

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

did you know that in the early 19th century, scientists believed that it was impossible for a human to travel at more than twenty miles per hour? they thought it was unnatural, and that if people traveled that fast they would suffocate as the air was sucked out of their lungs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and they found out they were wrong and it was no big deal, versus if they would have been right and put scuba masks on everybody, yeah that would have been dumb as gently caress

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

the earpods are perfectly good for the only time you should be wearing earphones in public which is taking a work phone call. otherwise stop being antisocial

at home you should have a good stereo just plug your old headphones into that np

going for a run or working in noisy cubicles

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm really sorry you guys disagree with my thoughts on headphone use in public, but glad that we're good enough friends that we get through it all at the end of the day.

I WILL SHARPEN MY TEETH TO EAT YOUR SKIN

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you should always have your ears open when running where there's a chance there's a car that might hit you. If you're running in the middle of a park, take your 'phones off and enjoy the sounds of nature and your own body exerting itself.

Noisy cube is totally understandable and for that, there are a wide range of high quality DACs that you can plug into your Macbook brand computer and your choice of fancy headphones.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

you should always have your ears open when running where there's a chance there's a car that might hit you. If you're running in the middle of a park, take your 'phones off and enjoy the sounds of nature and your own body exerting itself.

Noisy cube is totally understandable and for that, there are a wide range of high quality DACs that you can plug into your Macbook brand computer and your choice of fancy headphones.

i run on trails, nature sounds do not pump me up like some lovely stadium trance, tiesto is my performance enhancing drug here and i am not gonna give it up

i have a pc at work and i don't like to mix work and home timhibgs like musics or itunes accounts. i just like to put on soothing classical musics or podcasts on my iphone if my coworkers are chatting next door. used to use earplugs but now i can put on the news or some other white noise thing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Ah. In that case there are already tons of headphones out there with the DAC and Lightning connector built in, no "d*ngle" necessary, and i'm sure more are on the horizon. They'll continue to work with new phones, too.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
stop it i am getting sad now. in 2 years i am gonna be like the forums new zealand posters hangin onto my dongle-free 6splus and saying it suits my needs.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

C.H.O.M.E posted:

stop it i am getting sad now. in 2 years i am gonna be like the forums new zealand posters hangin onto my dongle-free 6splus and saying it suits my needs.

need to use at least 3-4 year old phones to be as poor as echi

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
well that's no good! Don't think you are falling behind just because you have an older phone. Stop living to everybody else's whims - tomorrow morning, i want you to wake up and look in the mirror and say "C.H.O.M.E., i'm putting you first today."

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

no, when you ride a motorcycle you wear ear plugs because the unmuffled wind noise at >60mph is above the threshold that leads to long-term hearing loss.

this is recommended by state authorities and the motorcycle safety foundation.

Yeah it's important to protect your hearing with ear plugs, but don't worry about wearing a motorcycle helmet or having your brains splattered all over the pavement when you inevitably fall off

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Jonny 290 posted:

at home you should have a good stereo just plug your old headphones into that np

i agree w/ this opinion

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

error1 posted:

Yeah it's important to protect your hearing with ear plugs, but don't worry about wearing a motorcycle helmet or having your brains splattered all over the pavement when you inevitably fall off

If you get your brains splattered on the pavement you probably don't have to worry about long-term hearing loss, hth.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sagebrush posted:

did you know that in the early 19th century, scientists believed that it was impossible for a human to travel at more than twenty miles per hour? they thought it was unnatural, and that if people traveled that fast they would suffocate as the air was sucked out of their lungs

a clipper ship can hit 25 mph under ideal conditions and a race horse can sprint faster than 40.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
have they made a vape that charges via lightning like an apple pencil yet?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

error1 posted:

what if there was a way to wear both earplugs AND a helmet?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

perhaps you could put in the plugs THEN put the helmet on!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

theres a dongle for that :dong:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

perhaps you could put in the plugs THEN put the helmet on!

removing the earplugs when you arrive at your destination would be next to impossible due to the interference of the helmet, leaving you unable to hear. please think these things through

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

who goes around asking for a sim ejector tool? how often are you swapping sims around? are you one of those poors who switches prepaid plans every other month to save an extra $1?

Ban the Apple Boy until he responds to this. Nobody in their life has ever needed a sim ejector tool.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

zen death robot posted:

you're all a bunch of dongle smokers

heck yeah

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

dongle up your rear end

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ArmZ posted:

dongle up your rear end

2 late, friend

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

GameCube posted:

Ban the Apple Boy until he responds to this. Nobody in their life has ever needed a sim ejector tool.

A paper clip works just as well.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lots of posters jacking it to thoughts of dongles, meanwhile Samsung is holding an event today and nobody even cares enough to post about it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i think even android fans realize the note is irrelevant

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Management posted:

lots of posters jacking it to thoughts of dongles, meanwhile Samsung is holding an event today and nobody even cares enough to post about it.

the apple design team is watching it closely so we don't have to

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Management posted:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

five is...alive?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no disassemble!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

img: fleshlight_ipad_mount.gif

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

Lightning is an international standard, much like Sony UMDs, and will gradually replace all other connectors.

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Amethyst posted:

haahaha, hahahah *throws your chipper rear end into a grain thresher*

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stymie posted:

the apple design team is watching it closely so we don't have to

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003