Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Legitimately laughed out loud very hard, xbone krew hard. believe me

Weirdly all I can imagine is the bride's father thinking to himself "oh for fucks sake, THIS is who she is marrying? And why are all these mouthbreathers wearing armbands? I'm not paying poo poo for this wedding."

quote:

Some of the guests who attended I had not yet met yet and one noticed the bonds on our arms and exclaimed "Whoa! Destiny! What class are you?" And a totally organic conversation was born with someone I never met that was founded on our shared interest

smh this guy giving away all my good PUA lines. He definitely crushes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Gonna be funny when RoI reveals the Iron Lords tore themselves apart.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That's dumb because anyone who actually plays Destiny plays all the classes

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Dopants posted:

poo poo, she must have a k/d of like 50 to even you out.

At least I wasn't their wedding photographer, I don't want to watch 10 minutes of retards fighting each other again.

Yes I shoot weddings, yes the last one almost became MMA, PM me for affordable prices for pictures and refereeing.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

wintrrmute posted:

Weirdly all I can imagine is the bride's father thinking to himself "oh for fucks sake, THIS is who she is marrying? And why are all these mouthbreathers wearing armbands? I'm not paying poo poo for this wedding."

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

quote:

Some of the guests who attended I had not yet met yet and one noticed the bonds on our arms and exclaimed "Whoa! Destiny! What class are you?" And a totally organic conversation was born with someone I never met that was founded on our shared interest

As if someone who planned a destiny themed wedding wouldn't have all three classes maxed out

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
lol somebody bought a Something Awful ad for their brony Kickstarter.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Here. Have this.
http://i.imgur.com/5fmo61D.gifv

Switched my Gunslinger to 1/5/5, double trips, double incendiary knives now that burn works. Loving it. I'm sitting on my super way less now that its forcing to to build it with kills and not time. Equipment builds are so much fun and I can actually kill a lightly primed enemy with knife burn again.

How'd you get that split going?
All the poo poo I've been collecting on the way to T12 has been mostly Int/Disc focused, and gently caress all for Strength.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Is the Soulstealer's Claw one of those weapons with fixed rolls? Just got Smallbore, Quickdraw, HH and Unflinching :stare:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

How'd you get that split going?
All the poo poo I've been collecting on the way to T12 has been mostly Int/Disc focused, and gently caress all for Strength.

derp. IntDisc helmet and Young Spine. DiscStr everything else. The big ticket items like chest need to be T12. You don't absolutely need everything at T12 unless you're making that perfect push to 2/5/5 but I'm not that autistic

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 2, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

fennesz posted:

Is the Soulstealer's Claw one of those weapons with fixed rolls? Just got Smallbore, Quickdraw, HH and Unflinching :stare:

No but HoJ rank up guns have a much smaller perk pool that mostly tend to be good. That said, sorry about your roll, bullet hoses need CB.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

As if someone who planned a destiny themed wedding wouldn't have all copies of the game and all the DLCs for the four platforms

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

No but HoJ rank up guns have a much smaller perk pool that mostly tend to be good. That said, sorry about your roll, bullet hoses need CB.

I actually find recoil control extremely easy on consoles. Even without any perks leveled the recoil isn't that bad. Mostly up. Occasionally to the left.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm sure she says she enjoys it.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

marauderthirty posted:

I play Destiny with my baby in my lap and I'm not gonna apologize to no one! :colbert:

(Unless I forget to mute the mic)

But yeah I wouldn't try to do Trials with her

Barvo evading probation spotted.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Add me on ps4: tshargreaves

I need friends. My buddy made me buy the game and I'm sick of playing with teenagers when he isn't online.

I'm godawful btw.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Currently ranked #1 in the world for KD this month.

:smug:

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

Roman posted:

raid matchmaking is a great idea though

the "well give us the OPTION for raid matchmaking" people are great. yeah i hate that when I buy toilet paper it doesn't come with a razor blade to shove up my rear end in a top hat. give me the option to slice my rear end in a top hat open!

This. So. Much.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Roman posted:

raid matchmaking is a great idea though

the "well give us the OPTION for raid matchmaking" people are great. yeah i hate that when I buy toilet paper it doesn't come with a razor blade to shove up my rear end in a top hat. give me the option to slice my rear end in a top hat open!

Raid matchmaking would be terrible and amusing in equal proportions, BUT having the functionality to pull raids together not integrated into the game and entirely dependent on 3rd party apps is loving stupid.

Hopefully the LFG stuff they are building into the XBONE OS will fix that but im skeptical

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Instead of matchmaking from orbit it should be a big billboard in the tower and the organizer could specify requirements like "must have multiple successful clears" or "light level above xxx" and language settings that the system would validate for you automatically. To avoid the BS like MUST HAVE 20+ CLEARS make it so you can't set the requirement higher than what the organizer has on their account, so they can't require you to have more experience or higher light level than they have.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also you should have to scan your birth certificate in and if you're a literal child you have to put your announcements up at the baby board

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

CheeseFactory posted:

Currently ranked #1 in the world for KD this month.

:smug:

You're going to wear your Xim out with all this self-promotion posting bro. Save it for the crucible Guardian.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Instead of matchmaking from orbit it should be a big billboard in the tower and the organizer could specify requirements like "must have multiple successful clears" or "light level above xxx" and language settings that the system would validate for you automatically. To avoid the BS like MUST HAVE 20+ CLEARS make it so you can't set the requirement higher than what the organizer has on their account, so they can't require you to have more experience or higher light level than they have.

You should have to validate your mic ownership by rapping the 1st verse from a rotating set of 90s rap anthems, you would record that in like you pick up the sigil in the reef and then people can browse your attempts and invite you or not based on your skills.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Also you should have to scan your birth certificate in and if you're a literal child you have to put your announcements up at the baby board

very clear pedo risk there fella, may want to rethink that

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Reminder: Mayhem Clash is this week and Sleeper has hilarious aim assist while ADS'd or hipfiring.

http://i.imgur.com/EZfZmkL.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/y7rBEPW.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah but then you can't use pocket infinity

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

yeah but then you can't use pocket infinity

fair

http://i.imgur.com/MuZdWO7.gifv

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yesss

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sleeper is a legit heavy weapon choice if you don't need an exotic in another slot. Its only real weakness is the charge time means it loses 1v1 fights with rockets. If you had a rocket launcher you could at least get a post mortem, but with sleeper you get nothing.

But on the other hand you can snipe with it for some great humiliation kills.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

great humiliation kills.

Like hip firing some pleb out of his super from a mile away?
http://i.imgur.com/m8WL0Il.gifv

Or a panic single laser double?
http://i.imgur.com/jycSZK4.gifv

:v:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GameInformer coverage teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0K3vRVpIZQ

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I'm only missing two non-class primary exotics. One is TLW. A primary exotic drops.

And it's Hard Light.

:negative:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/08/02/september-cover-revealed-destiny-rise-of-iron-77532.aspx

quote:

-a new arena play space called the Archon’s Forge
-Destiny’s latest raid: Wrath of the Machine
- reinvention of the artifact item slot, which now serves to provide a game-changing ability to be combined with your subclass and gear selections
-new PVP mode is called Supremacy - multiple big engram looking things you have to pick up and...?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

New Crucible mode from 0:25-0:27. Kill people and they drop colored pickups? Player "seized a Crest"?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Roman posted:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/08/02/september-cover-revealed-destiny-rise-of-iron-77532.aspx

-new PVP mode is called Supremacy - multiple big engram looking things you have to pick up and...?

Is it headhunter?! SKULLAMANJARO!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Like hip firing some pleb out of his super from a mile away?

Or a panic single laser double?

:v:

Pretty much yeah.

http://i.imgur.com/RNoGbP2.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/PFqJW8D.gifv

(note the double headshot and instant radiance from the guy I wrecked)

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

What do I get to do when I become an Irony Lord? Do we know anything about that yet?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Oh there were a bunch of new posts. What's an Arena Play Space?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can only assume that's Bungie internal game-design-speak for "crucible map".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I hope they don't try to pack in too much content with this new dlc.

• Locked thread