Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I think the sentinel is solidly an ADR piece. It's a nice thing to have vs legion, since it shoots up legion beasts nicely while being largely immune to return fire, and makes your caster corrosion immune. Otherwise I wouldn't touch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Painted my Xekaar and Raider, and replaced my Mk2 Skorne demo box.

I used to be able to do much better pictures. Not sure where I went wrong.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Fyrbrand posted:

I still can never see Xekaar without my brain inserting one of those wavy arm "tubeman" things in his place.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Fyrbrand posted:

Hot drat those look great. What color green is that?

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

Hot drat those look great. What color green is that?

Thanks! The base color is VMC Emerald, though there are washes and highlights involved as well.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

waah posted:

So I have asked other places, but I keep asking hoping that I can find someone who has figured this model out.

The Aradus Sentinel

Is anyone using it? How do you use it? Do you build your lists around it or do you just say screw it I got 16 points left, don't want Cyclops do sentinel it is. Have you ever used it's animus?

The best suggestion I have heard so far is anti cavalry, which is something I hadn't thought of, but then that seems to fall apart as well due to short range of the sentinels gun. Then I thought, well maybe I should just hold it in reserve to protect my back line support from harassers until late game when I can put some powerful shots into the opposing caster, but then I realized that I would be almost playing 16 points down for some matches.

Anyone having any luck at all with him in your lists or even in theory crafting?

Makeda1 turns it into an arm23 shield guard and fixes its' MAT.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

gannyGrabber posted:

Makeda1 turns it into an arm23 shield guard and fixes its' MAT.

Why does a pow 14 heavy need mat fixing

Why would you suggest makeda 1

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

chutche2 posted:

Why would you suggest makeda 1

The shield guard part would be nice, but at spd3 it would have to run to keep up with anything it wanted to shield guard, and even that would be iffy.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

chutche2 posted:

I assumed he was mixing up the sentinal and the soldier.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I took a closer look at my Iron Mother Directrix model today and she has the coolest model.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/convergence-of-cyriss/warcasters/iron-mother-directrix-exponent-servitors

I never noticed that she has her extra Exponent Servitors in her backpiece until just now. Also I'd love to see a render of her with her Cloak of Blades mid slash. She's definitely one of my favorite models now

Just wanted to gush :)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

chutche2 posted:

I mean as I look at it now, it does have the same MAT as the soldier. :laugh:

It also has the same strength.

It also has two open fists so I guess comedy two handed throws with shield guard are the way to go?

:negative:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Give makeda1 the same upkeep teleport spell that Thyra has and she is very solid. But carnage on a fury 6 caster with no backup mechanic sucks. The fate walker change really hurts her ability to use carnage effectively.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
She's still able to give shield guard to her entire battle group which is pretty amazing. That's 4 ARM 16 shield guards with 10 boxes each for a 10 point pack of scarabs. She forces a melee game and increases the mat of her dudes, and also gives side step to Molik Karn which is just nasty. I can't really see the downside to running Makeda1.

chutche2 posted:

Because it's not going to die to shooting, which means eventually it's gonna end up in melee, and you want it to actually hit. It's got a 2" reach, so that's a lot of dead warrior models if the mat is right.

Khisanth Magus posted:

The shield guard part would be nice, but at spd3 it would have to run to keep up with anything it wanted to shield guard, and even that would be iffy.

I figure with the extra 6" ahead from advance deploy it shouldn't have trouble keeping with the rest of the army until later in the game.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Her downside is killing things when she makes it to melee and her feat being really bad.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

You know how in mk2 you never saw a cannoneer but the sentinel was super legit?

They switched places. Cannoneers own and the sentinel stays on the shelf.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Two more wins with Zerkova 2 today, including a nail-biter as my opponent failed to roll above average on like 14 attacks from Sturgis and repeatedly missed her. Zerkova fun, wizards are awesome, Ruin rules.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

waah posted:

Her downside is killing things when she makes it to melee and her feat being really bad.

Molik Karn does all the heavy lifting for her, all she has to do is go in ahead of him to clear out the trash. Her feat IS pretty bad but alot of the Skorne feats are kind of underwhelming. She can revive the karax and just have them shield wall and jam poo poo..?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

So the ragers gladius looks like a kid sharpened an eraser into the passing resemblance of a sword and I hate it. Thinking about converting it to something a little more threatening.
Found this guy, who seems pretty sweet, any thoughts on where the sword is from?

In all seriousness tho the sword sucks and I'd have consider getting scourge of heresys sword and cutting just before the menofix and green stuffing over that and maybe adding a khador triangle thingamabob

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Are there any Elara spoilers anywhere? e: Apart from the reported Field Marshal rule. I'll take unsubstantiated rumors.

I just now read the latest Insider and although there are better models, I can't lie, those dumb anime goggles and the double-bladed scythe are kind of appealing to the twelve-year-old in me.

Also, I need to know if she retained battlegroup Refuge in some way.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 2, 2016

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Wizard Styles posted:

Are there any Elara spoilers anywhere? e: Apart from the reported Field Marshal rule. I'll take unsubstantiated rumors.

I just now read the latest Insider and although there are better models, I can't lie, those dumb anime goggles and the double-bladed scythe are kind of appealing to the twelve-year-old in me.

Also, I need to know if she retained battlegroup Refuge in some way.

We were told there would be rule spoiler Insiders this week. This turned out to be a lie, so no, we don't really have any additional info.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Problem with going to gaming night with a specific list you plan on playing is that sometimes you play a list that happens to hard counter you! Ossyan vs Kaya2 is about as miserable as it gets, although I had a chance to kill kaya after her feat turn when she had no fury by putting quicken on discordia, feating and fail charging to get kaya in feat range, then walking 8 and spraying 10, needing 10 to hit and then would have been 4 dice on damage if I hit. I ended up missing(although i rolled the damage anyways and it would have killed her)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Borrowing that dudes army to play Kaya 2 for a single game made me want to play circle again so. drat. bad.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

albany academy posted:

So the ragers gladius looks like a kid sharpened an eraser into the passing resemblance of a sword and I hate it. Thinking about converting it to something a little more threatening.
Found this guy, who seems pretty sweet, any thoughts on where the sword is from?

Sorry, don't know where the sword from the pic is, but the normal gladius looks a bit better if you flip it around in his hand and have him wield it like a dagger.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

S.J. posted:

Borrowing that dudes army to play Kaya 2 for a single game made me want to play circle again so. drat. bad.

What did your Kaya2 list look like?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The PP webstore doesn't open until tomorrow, right?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

dexefiend posted:

Not SJ's list, but the one that I played against last night:

Kaya2
-Laris
-Ghetto
-Feral
-Pureblood
-Wilder
Sentry Stone
Sentry Stone
Shifting Stones + UA
Blackclad Wayfarer
Lanyssa
Wrongeye and Snapjaw

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Khisanth Magus posted:

Not SJ's list, but the one that I played against last night:

Kaya2
-Laris
-Ghetto
-Feral
-Pureblood
-Wilder
Sentry Stone
Sentry Stone
Shifting Stones + UA
Blackclad Wayfarer
Lanyssa
Wrongeye and Snapjaw

I like this list alot, but I don't get the stones much. There is so much threat extension already between dog pile and hunter's Mark, I don't see it being useful. I think I'll try it with Alten Ashley because it's the jerk thing to do.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

dexefiend posted:

Honestly it wasn't a good list for Kaya 2 I just borrowed what he had so I could play the ringer for a game.

Circle Army - 75 / 75 points

http://conflictchamber.com/#b81b3f4j4c4Z4g6u59frf14P4P

(Kaya 2) Kaya the Moonhunter [+24]
- Laris
- Feral Warpwolf [18]
- Gnarlhorn Satyr [12]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Pureblood Warpwolf [17]
- Druid Wilder [4]
Warpborn Skinwalkers (max) [15]
- Warpborn Skinwalker Alpha [4]
Gallows Grove [2]
Blackclad Wayfarer [4]
Blackclad Wayfarer [4]

I honestly don't think the battlegroup is bad but I'd rather have a riphorn than a Gnarlhorn. The list I just put together looks like this

http://conflictchamber.com/#b81b3f4j4Z4g6ufN4P4P4O4O6L6L4N

- Laris
- Feral Warpwolf [18]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Druid Wilder [4]
- Rip Horn Satyr [14]
Blackclad Wayfarer [4]
Blackclad Wayfarer [4]
Shifting Stones [3]
Shifting Stones [3]
Bloodweaver Night Witch [4]
Sentry Stone & Mannikins [5]

Ghetorix is really good with her obviously but I also think he's kind of unnecessary. I'd like to fit a griffin or argus in but I don't think it's really necessary. Could swap the Witches out for a Griffin easily enough though.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

S.J. posted:

Honestly it wasn't a good list for Kaya 2 I just borrowed what he had so I could play the ringer for a game.

http://conflictchamber.com/#b81b3f4j4c4Z4g6u59frf14P4P

- Laris
- Feral Warpwolf [18]
- Gnarlhorn Satyr [12]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Druid Wilder [4]
Warpborn Skinwalkers (max) [15]
- Warpborn Skinwalker Alpha [4]
Gallows Grove [2]
Blackclad Wayfarer [4]
Blackclad Wayfarer [4]

I honestly don't think the battlegroup is bad but I'd rather have a riphorn than a Gnarlhorn. The list I just put together looks like this

http://conflictchamber.com/#b81b3f4j4Z4g6ufN4P4P4O4O6L6L4N

- Laris
- Feral Warpwolf [18]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Druid Wilder [4]
- Rip Horn Satyr [14]
Blackclad Wayfarer [4]
Blackclad Wayfarer [4]
Shifting Stones [3]
Shifting Stones [3]
Sentry Stone & Mannikins [5]

Ghetorix is really good with her obviously but I also think he's kind of unnecessary. I'd like to fit a griffin or argus in but I don't think it's really necessary. Could swap the Witches out for a Griffin easily enough though.

Since I will never have to play you, I would like to suggest having the Wrongeye and Snapjaw that my opponent played against me in your list. Star crossed on a model that cannot be targeted by ranged attacks is just dumb. You park him behind your DEF14/16 warpwolves and laugh at your opponent's pitiful attempts to hit.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Oh, I know. It's really good, It's all a pipe dream at this point anyways since I don't own any of my circle stuff anymore. I'll just have to make do with punching dudes to death with titans.

Oh and also Cygnar. I should probably put Sloan on a base at some point, I guess? I have a Stormwall, 2x Defenders and 2x Hunters after all.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I'm on the verge of just selling off all my Circle and going all in on Ret, but Wrong Eye is kind of keeping me in the faction so far.
If I sell my Circle at some point I'll probably pick up some Legion or Gators just so I can keep playing with WE&SJ. Still my favorite models in the game, and just so good in Mk3.

S.J. posted:

I should probably put Sloan on a base at some point, I guess?
If you have no morals and do not value your fellow man's enjoyment of miniature gaming, yes.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Despite how much the game last night vs Kaya2 kind of sucked due to it more or less hard countering me, I will say that the MK3 heavy rifle teams are so awesome. Huge threat range, and man do they bring on the pain.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Pyrolocutus posted:

The PP webstore doesn't open until tomorrow, right?

Is there a confirmation on what will be available?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Is there a confirmation on what will be available?

According to the PP Newsletter, it's the five new 'casters ($24.99 each) and the 11 old con-exclusive sculpts.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hey is that Iron kingdoms book, Wild Adventure, out yet.
I didnt see an Iron Kingdoms thread so im asking here.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Yesterday added hypnos, heavy rifle team, 2 units of stormfalls, and Eiryss1 to me ret collection, putting me at:

Vyros1
Ossyan
Helynna
Kaelyssa

Magnetized house shyeel heavy x2
Manticore
Hypnos
Banshee
Discordia
Griffon
Chimera
Aspis
Gorgon
Imperatus

Sentinels
Invictors
Halberds
Stormfalls x2
HRT

Arcanist x3
Lanyssa
Eiryss1
Eiryss2
Magister

Have sylys, another hrt, and another vyre kit backordered.

Other than those models is there anything big I'm overlooking before adventuring into Rahn territory?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

rantmo posted:

According to the PP Newsletter, it's the five new 'casters ($24.99 each) and the 11 old con-exclusive sculpts.

Oh awesome, maybe I'll pick up the khador mechanic if it goes online

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Yesterday added hypnos, heavy rifle team, 2 units of stormfalls, and Eiryss1 to me ret collection, putting me at:

Vyros1
Ossyan
Helynna
Kaelyssa

Magnetized house shyeel heavy x2
Manticore
Hypnos
Banshee
Discordia
Griffon
Chimera
Aspis
Gorgon
Imperatus

Sentinels
Invictors
Halberds
Stormfalls x2
HRT

Arcanist x3
Lanyssa
Eiryss1
Eiryss2
Magister

Have sylys, another hrt, and another vyre kit backordered.

Other than those models is there anything big I'm overlooking before adventuring into Rahn territory?

Houseguard Thane is practically autoinclude with halbs.

MHSF with E3 is probably the best unit in Ret and one of the best in the game.

Mage hunter assassins are great, especially so if you're going to be playing Rahn.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

Hey is that Iron kingdoms book, Wild Adventure, out yet.
I didnt see an Iron Kingdoms thread so im asking here.

Yeah it came out in May or June.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So, this is what I want to run for kingmaker's army.

(Damiano 1) Captain Damiano [+28]
- Rocinante [18]
- Nomad [11]
- Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan [4]
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. (max) [17]
Steelhead Heavy Cavalry (max) [18]
Steelhead Riflemen (max) [14]
Steelhead Halberdiers (max) [11]
Dirty Meg [3]
- Talon [7]
Stannis Brocker [0]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [0]