Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

LibrarianCroaker posted:

i think i use your thor when he's up.

or i confused you with someone.

I think maybe you use my good Thor that's on my tablet that barely works. Sometimes I slap it around until I can log in. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Is awoken lakshmi worth a drat these days?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Munkaboo posted:

Is awoken lakshmi worth a drat these days?

If you don't have a Sumire, she's still a good blue lead. Just stack rows and double orb changers like Andromeda and Gabriel and go hog wild, and with her RCV bonus you can heal from near dead to full with 4 or 5 hearts and some good comboing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Hebug posted:

Well this has been an accomplishment long in the making. :toot:

I will never evolve or sell my max skill Hera-Is. She owns.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
gently caress I need 3 more Light Jewels and 1 Dark Jewel to full evolve Myr. I CAN buy them with MP in the store, and it's awfully tempting atm...

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Hit a Great! when I fed the Noel Blanc from this challenge set to Myr, maxing her with only 80k exp overflowed. :smug:

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

The Jumpoff posted:

If you don't have a Sumire, she's still a good blue lead. Just stack rows and double orb changers like Andromeda and Gabriel and go hog wild, and with her RCV bonus you can heal from near dead to full with 4 or 5 hearts and some good comboing.

I do also have a Sumire. And two Gabes.

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch
got a D Kali after i gave up on her and bought a YomiDra instead of Ra Dragon
...also got Kanna, Sherias, and Sumire. Pretty decent godfest

not sure what to do with Kanna and Sumire.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Munkaboo posted:

I do also have a Sumire. And two Gabes.

Well, it'll probably come down to playstyle preference. Sumire works on an A.Lakshmi team and A.Lakshmi can sorta work on a Sumire team as a heart maker and HP stat stick.

Basically, A.Lakshmi isn't irrelevant (in my eyes) but she's been consistently overshadowed by other blue leads who are maybe a notch or two above her.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
yeah, Sumire and Lakshimi are both 7.5x damage on max activation

Sumire gets to enjoy 75% damage reduction when you make the heart cross and has more of her damage boost on the 5orb connection

Lakshimi can just match a mass of hearts indiscriminately, and can take advantage of row-based subs; of which many of them have large amounts of hp, which she supplements with her RCV boost

so I guess it is up to whatever you want to run

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Blew all my stones + a 30 pack on today because I wanted Steel gods, Ilm, and Skuld. I got:

Australis (first steel god, huzzah!)
Sherias Roots :woop:
buncha dupes of useless things I fed for plusses
Saria
Hamal (not a gfe but still happy, the mechanical star gods are awesome)

Super pleased with everything especially Sherias Roots. Aside from being a kickass leader Sher. Roots is the best L/D option I have for my Sephiroth team.

Sephiroth(orb refresh via collab silver inherited)/Ichigo/D. Kali/Sherias Roots/A. Isis(lightning inherited) is hilarious for just pushing boards out to murder everything with. Shame no one really runs him has a Sephiroth to run with.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Waffleopolis posted:

gently caress I need 3 more Light Jewels and 1 Dark Jewel to full evolve Myr. I CAN buy them with MP in the store, and it's awfully tempting atm...

PAD is a marathon, not a sprint

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

To be honest, Blodin is kind of not that great. I would (if I were you) run Blonia/Amon/Mori/Ando/Awoken SQ/Blonia

Huh, alright. Thanks for the tips. I suppose I could work on Awoken SQ, but it hurts so much to change the skill on something you've max skilled. :(

GoodBee posted:

Would you like me to stick a blue thing in my BFF slot? Best I can do is Toshiro. He's not Dragon or Physical but he goes up x5 when matching a big old blob of blue.

I've got Thor there right now and I think Ashsaber is probably the only one who uses him.

Nah, it's okay. I only plan on using her for things that dark teams don't work well for, so having a permanent slot open for that seems silly. I put Blonia up in the BFF slot for me because Ame no Uzume is not that great and I don't think anybody used her.

Thanks though!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
what's a good lead for kaguya? i was thinking miru but no rcv :argh:

I can put together a yuna team but that sounds p hard to find a partner for :rip:

shiva or urd with a delay for her resolve might be a thing i go for too.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 2, 2016

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Zoness posted:

I can put together a yuna team but that sounds p hard to find a partner for :rip:

Awoken DQXQ works if you're fast at comboing

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
It turns out that it's easier to solo Kaguya-Hime than do it coop. Getting skills up in half the time (because you aren't alternating turns with a partner) is a pretty big deal, especially for guaranteeing you can take out the Yomi Tamadra before it hits you. I used DMeta who is basically the ideal Kaguya-HIme lead, with Academy Sleeping Beauty to zap Yomi (I was going to use her for clearing the 75% bind on Kaguya too but I forgot she's Devil typed).

A system team like Kaede/Sumire/Tsubaki might work pretty well too, since floor 2 has long turn timers if you can take a hit and/or measure your damage so he uses his 3x ATK buff. e: Don't forget you'll need to bring an enhancer for some of those.

isndl fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Aug 2, 2016

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Why would you run 3x Dios on Zeus & Hera

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Zoness posted:

Hm. Yuna sounds like a good idea. What are you thinking of running with her? I'll have mine up today.

Pretty sure we're already friends. I've got a bunch of friend slots if anyone else wants Yuna/Yomi/Saria/Tsubaki 304,382,267

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What's the quickest route to a verche? I've been running Hera but the spawn and drop rate suck.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I pulled a Sherias Roots, on the surface he seems pretty decent but I might be missing something. What are good teams for him?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

I started playing yesterday, enjoying the game and the actual game part, the puzzles, is entertaining, which most of these f2p games aren't.

But holy hell is this game dense. So much to come to terms with as a new player.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

Zoness posted:

I used lmeta x a.ama. lmeta just for some extra health, but dual a.ama should work. Brought sun quan to make sure I didn't trigger any killshots.

I thought miru would be good too, because hey, free time extends. Enter dungeon, no skills, can't do any damage without hearts, rip.

I think people use a.meimei too, similar to Haku for wadatsumi, but no one on my list had her up for me to try it.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Zoness posted:

I solo'd it with Xiang Mei and forgot it was No RCV until i was on Floor 2. Didn't stop me from kicking its rear end.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the best way to farm jewels? I've been assuming it's "spam whatever's descending in coop during events" because the Pal Egg rates are super low for them, but is it superior to run Scarlet instead and spend the MP you make on them?

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What's the best way to farm jewels? I've been assuming it's "spam whatever's descending in coop during events" because the Pal Egg rates are super low for them, but is it superior to run Scarlet instead and spend the MP you make on them?

What's the invade rate? 10%? In 10 runs you would be expected to get one jewel vs 5000mp. If it's 5% then they would be closer to even.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Another returning player question. How mandatory is co-op? I really have no interest in co-op for my pooping games especially ones that use third party apps to find partners.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

jerkstore77 posted:

Another returning player question. How mandatory is co-op? I really have no interest in co-op for my pooping games especially ones that use third party apps to find partners.

I mean, it's not mandatory, but it makes the game much easier in general. Also getting free mp for just running dungeons is the poo poo. Just do multiplayer when you have more time to dedicate to playing the game like after work or something. Or don't, whatever.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

jerkstore77 posted:

I literally have no interest in participating in coop, other than not being able to farm things as fast and not doing the coop exclusive dungeons, I haven't missed much.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

AlexJade posted:

I pulled a Sherias Roots, on the surface he seems pretty decent but I might be missing something. What are good teams for him?
Shroots is extremely good. Along with having board changes built-in, you have DKali and Ragnarok Dragon as potential subs. Others: Orochi for delay, Sakuya for bind clear, Susano or Indra for damage shield, Kanna or Baldin for damage boost

jerkstore77 posted:

It's not mandatory at all. I still solo most things because I don't want to leave a game while I'm at work or I just don't want to bother to find a partner. It is really handy to have half stamina cost and shared awakenings though

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Oh gently caress right off, Verche needs to be max level to Reincarnate?

Guess I need to farm another 2.5 million in light XP.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
I just realized that Sumire is a dragon type, which means the Kanna i rolled during the GFE is a fantastic inherit for my Sumire system (also isis and skuld are god type ftw).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Paul Zuvella posted:

Oh gently caress right off, Verche needs to be max level to Reincarnate?

Guess I need to farm another 2.5 million in light XP.
Yep. Ultimate Evolution wasn't grindy enough so now we got a new one.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yep. Ultimate Evolution wasn't grindy enough so now we got a new one.

Wait until we get a super roguelike who requires all others (including Miru) to evolve.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

jerkstore77 posted:

There's also an option on multiplayer for finding friend's rooms. Sometimes you can click on that and hop into a co-op dungeon one of your friends has set up. It's pretty useful for running Tamadras or Super Kings or other guerrilla dungeons. You can join those even at times they aren't available to you. And you look while pooping.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Wait until we get a super roguelike who requires all others (including Miru) to evolve.

it'll be a reason to run miru again after maxing one, i guess.

iPodschun posted:

It's not mandatory at all. I still solo most things because I don't want to leave a game while I'm at work or I just don't want to bother to find a partner. It is really handy to have half stamina cost and shared awakenings though

don't forget you also get mp equal to stamina spent, and pal points equal to double the stamina spent

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Co-Op Pros:

Half Stamina Dungeons
Stamina x 2 PAL Points Earned
Stamina = Monster Points Earned
Ability to enter guerilla dungeons that aren't in your timeslot as long as the other person hosts
Easier to create button/system teams
Shared awakenings: Skill Boost, Skill Bind Res, Hazard Res (Jammer/Poison), HP Latents
Can get carried easily in early/late game with the right setup

Co-Op Cons:

Pairing with someone who can't combo
Pairing with someone who wants to waste someone's stamina just to be a douche

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

Kuros posted:

Co-Op Pros:

Half Stamina Dungeons
Stamina x 2 PAL Points Earned
Stamina = Monster Points Earned
Ability to enter guerilla dungeons that aren't in your timeslot as long as the other person hosts
Easier to create button/system teams
Shared awakenings: Skill Boost, Skill Bind Res, Hazard Res (Jammer/Poison), HP Latents
Can get carried easily in early/late game with the right setup

Co-Op Cons:

Pairing with someone who can't combo
Pairing with someone who wants to waste someone's stamina just to be a douche

That sounds good, but how do I start Co-op-ing?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Double Rabite posted:

That sounds good, but how do I start Co-op-ing?

Random co-oping is slow unless if there's a dungeon available that everyone wants to run such as SKC.

For more organized Co-oping either:

1. Goon PAD IRC. Details in first post.
2. Reddit Discord. Actually quite good and very popular.

korora
Sep 3, 2011
Is anyone running Kaede? I hypermaxed the one I got from the godfest and found out I have no friends to pair with. 319,930,293

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I have a hyper kaede with 2 sdr and ishida inherited, 399,868,301.

Wish I could have pulled a sylvie this godfest to put on my second kaede, you get a decent board with michael.

• Locked thread