Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/760497695874252801
:stare:
:stare:
JESUS CHRIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/760503037798539266

what a world

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lid posted:

Trump wont lead to World War 3.

A war requires two sides and the side he'd be on would be neutral against Putin.

So Russia will dominate the world, there wont be a war.

I'd say there's probably only a 5-10 percent chance that Trump destroys the world, but that's a bit too high for me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Periodiko posted:

I mean, can you imagine that? A "racist robber baron" using race to motivate poor working class people against black people against their own class interest? Golly.
Racism is not imposed from above. It can be exploited, but it isn't a consequence of the class system. Racism starts at home; it is a consequence of culture, family, media, and personal experience. Obviously there are intersections of race and class, important ones, but racism is not a creation of the upper class.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Have Some Flowers! posted:

I think it's a mischaracterization of the process to say 'involved'. 2016 was one of the highest years in recent history for primary voter turnout (by percentage of eligible electorate).

Just because something is the highest of US history doesn't make it 'good'. Much like if I find the tastiest looking pile of poo poo to eat, I'm still eating poo poo. Your demographic of 'eligible electorate' is essentially at its core a racist demographic because it excludes a large number of people who are felons. Since the system of law is both responsible for the more visible racism in the US and also responsible for people becoming a felon because those laws are unfairly applied to minorities.

I also think its pretty lovely that people living in the US who aren't 'citizens' don't get to vote. A lot of those people contribute far more than plenty of citizens. They tend to suffer far more from US policies either here in the US or even abroad in their home country.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 2, 2016

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Obama laying into the coward GOP for still endorsing him

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lid posted:

A war requires two sides and the side he'd be on would be neutral against Putin.

Unless Trump acts like he won't move but then gets his ego offended after some action by a foreign power. It only takes one person calling him a pussy.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Don't worry guys! It will all be over after the election and that kid won't grow up to assassinate President North West

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

HorseRenoir posted:

A Trump presidency would have a Republican House, Republican Senate (most likely without filibusters), Republican White House, and full control of SCOTUS picks for a full generation. So no, there would not be checks and balances.

And there's a meme going around that Bernie's support of down-ticket races will mean that there's a blue legislature and that Trump won't be doing anything so, no, you don't have to vote for Clinton.

I didn't think Bernie supporters would end up making me angrier than the Trumpsters.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Noam Chomsky posted:

And there's a meme going around that Bernie's support of down-ticket races will mean that there's a blue legislature and that Trump won't be doing anything so, no, you don't have to vote for Clinton.

I didn't think Bernie supporters would end up making me angrier than the Trumpsters.

The still-bernout people are basically the people who would've voted Green or something else stupid at this point. Most of Bernie's people are where Bernie is, against Trump.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Good god

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bernouts are just the 2016 PUMAs.

They will derange themselves into oblivion.

Ironically the PUMAs endorse Trump because Clinton is too close to Obama.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

FactsAreUseless posted:

Racism is not imposed from above. It can be exploited, but it isn't a consequence of the class system. Racism starts at home; it is a consequence of culture, family, media, and personal experience. Obviously there are intersections of race and class, important ones, but racism is not a creation of the upper class.

Yes, but the exploitation of the upper class can and does lead to it gaining much more legitimacy in public policy as the Southern Strategy has shown.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

Unless Trump acts like he won't move but then gets his ego offended after some action by a foreign power. It only takes one person calling him a pussy.

Trump is a coward, though. He's vindictive and sensitive and a narcissist, but he waves the threat of a lawsuit over Twitter instead of having his lawyer take care of it. He mails photographs of his totally normal-sized hands instead of doing anything to the person. He's defensive and full of bluster, but he won't fire any nukes for personal attacks. He will just destroy all diplomatic progress created by the US for the past few decades, and eventually insult a group or state enough that they attack us, instead. It won't be MAD, it will be a Trump-instigated event used as the next justification for the US to get involved in a drawn-out war against "terrorism"

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/760506329253511169
THIS loving RALLY IS AMAZING

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

Bernouts are just the 2016 PUMAs.

They will derange themselves into oblivion.

Ironically the PUMAs endorse Trump because Clinton is too close to Obama.

It's just a lot more obnoxious this time because it's spilling into Twitter and Facebook instead of being cordoned off into Hillaryis44.com

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Lid posted:

Just because the US sits off to the side sucking its thumb doesn't mean there isn't another side.

Though us actually sitting out a war is a fascinating and strange idea.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Epic High Five posted:

How are we classifying what he did to Jeb!?

We've already established his record on insulting those with special needs. :derp:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/760507891166085120

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Pakled posted:

The GOP already controls the House and is likely to continue to do so for years thanks to Republican dominance in statehouses leading to gerrymandering. Even in a landslide Clinton victory, the House is almost certainly going to stay GOP.

Is there any chance that if we see a ridiculous landslide victory and the GOP keeps the house that it could be the proof of disenfranchisement needed to get the SC to move on gerrymandering?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

He really is the worst campaigner of all time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ooh, insulting a baby. That's almost what I wanted. But insulting a baby doesn't get that sweet, sweet release of clickbait.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Jarmak posted:

Is there any chance that if we see a ridiculous landslide victory and the GOP keeps the house that it could be the proof of disenfranchisement needed to get the SC to move on gerrymandering?

The SC doesn't believe racism exists anymore, so no

gregday
May 23, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Uh I think you will find he has run a flawless campaign.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

wait, what is this rally on?

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

waitwhatno posted:

So what's the worst case scenario for a Trump presidency?

The thing to realize here is that Trump gets to pick most of the folks who run the government (subject to the approval of the Senate, which would be run by guys who back Trump). And if they don't do what he says, he can fire them and replace them with their deputies, who he also picked.

waitwhatno posted:

US ICBM launch orders have to be verified by someone else before they go through, right?

Not really. In theory the guys at the silo or whatever could refuse (along with everyone brought in to replace them), but at that point you've technically started an insurrection.

waitwhatno posted:

But judges have to be confirmed by the Senate, right? So it can't get TOO bad, like him appointing his daughter or something.

I mean, sure. But the craziest, right-wingiest guy who would get 50 Republican votes would be pretty out there as it is.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Trump is now feuding with a baby! https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/760507764003266560

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jarmak posted:

If I'm not mistaken Democratic Congressional and Senate candidates have been receiving the majority of votes since at least 2008 and it hasn't caused any movement yet, so I don't think anything's going to happen until at least the redistricting in 2020.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paul Ryan is going to have to release a pro-baby press statement today lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Wow this is the first thing Trump has said that I completely agree with and sympathise with him about.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just want to see how people will ever admit they voted for him not even a year from now, win or lose. Its worse than voting for Nixon because you at least know this one is a crook. I am having fever dreams of a Reagan Mondale inverted map.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

wh... what. what even is this election

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
A second baby has hit Trump Tower. https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/760508924294553604

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Unfortunately, knowing myself from a mere 2-3 years ago, there's plenty of people voting-age who hate kids and will be glad someone finally said it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

My wish is that Trump insults a child this cycle. I don't care how, I just want him to do it.

Someone actually got a non-cursed monkey's paw, who'd have thunk it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

thecluckmeme posted:

Trump is a coward, though. He's vindictive and sensitive and a narcissist, but he waves the threat of a lawsuit over Twitter instead of having his lawyer take care of it. He mails photographs of his totally normal-sized hands instead of doing anything to the person. He's defensive and full of bluster, but he won't fire any nukes for personal attacks. He will just destroy all diplomatic progress created by the US for the past few decades, and eventually insult a group or state enough that they attack us, instead. It won't be MAD, it will be a Trump-instigated event used as the next justification for the US to get involved in a drawn-out war against "terrorism"

There's already good evidence that Gulf War I was caused by mixed messages to Saddam. If we have a president who's sending strong messages that he might not honor treaty commitments but could also be egged into conflict by his secretary of defense or congressional republicans it's a major danger for conflict escalation in nominally stable regions.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh there have been times in American history where racism was definitely created by the upper class. At the least I would say rich folk have exasperated racial tension when it benefits themselves. Unfortunately when that happens, the racism sticks around long past its utility to the rich.

Rich southern slave owners created (really copied) a brutal system of racism to keep poor whites from finding unity with the poor blacks.

Hell, anytime the economy is not doing well, just use some race as a scape goat. Oh white folk don't have jobs? It's the drat Mexicans fault! People eagerly gobble up that poo poo.

What I am trying to say is eat the rich.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 2, 2016

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VSTzGwkMiM&t=428s

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Unfortunately, knowing myself from a mere 2-3 years ago, there's plenty of people voting-age who hate kids and will be glad someone finally said it.

I really hope Trump goes for the childfree demographic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
http://www.snappytv.com/tc/2499929/1293588

• Locked thread