Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

mcmagic posted:

Doesn't the National Front poll at 40% in France? And the entire political elite in the UK just shat all over themselves. I think a US government headed by a president Trump would still be more effective and competent than the UK's government.

Old, but her most generous poll right now or eer is 31% on first turn, she'd probably be the runner up, but would still lose and then get only about 4-5 seats in the national assembly down the line.

So hopefully Trump loses at least that badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Popular Thug Drink touched on this, but Atlanta has one of the largest Asian populations in the Southeast. The Asian population there is growing at almost the same rate as the Latino population. Another important note is that Asians are few and far between everywhere else in that quarter of the country.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

You have to watch about 2 1/2 minutes to get the full effect, but I feel as if Trump doesn't have the capacity for sarcasm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ4Mof4TyA&t=481s

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

Your theory is that Trump can only say nice things about others framed within a compliment for himself and thus him saying "I would date my own daughter" isn't creepy, right?

Trump has said many nice things about Putin without framing it within a self-styled compliment.

So no, I think there's more to Trump's creepy sexist comments about his daughter than he's just self-centered.

gregday posted:

There's almost certain probability that she's been harassed by her own father. I believe we saw a glimpse of that at the convention.

you're conflating "creepy" with "certain probability that she's been harassed by her own father", so you know.

You failed to explain how Trump complimenting someone acting just like him isn't actually narcissistic.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

kaleedity posted:

Popular Thug Drink touched on this, but Atlanta has one of the largest Asian populations in the Southeast. The Asian population there is growing at almost the same rate as the Latino population. Another important note is that Asians are few and far between everywhere else in that quarter of the country.
And yet there still aren't any cheap Korean BBQ places. What is the point of a melting pot if I can't get my melting pot on?!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Trump has repeatedly said he would date his daughter if she weren't his daughter. Are you willfully stupid or truth is in the middle stupid?

The comments all boil down to "My daughter is super hot, isn't it awesome my daughter is hot?" Which is weird but is him bragging, not him literally meaning he wants to molest his daughter. I'm not saying it isn't weird but I doubt it really means he wants to gently caress his daughter instead of him being a braggart.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

kaleedity posted:

you're conflating "creepy" with "certain probability that she's been harassed by her own father", so you know.

You failed to explain how Trump complimenting someone acting just like him isn't actually narcissistic.

God job putting someone's else's words in my mouth.

So why can't Trump just have complimented his daughter in the same way he complimented Putin?

Why did Trump choose to repeatedly say he would have sex with his daughter if she wasn't his relative if he felt no sexual attraction to her?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The comments all boil down to "My daughter is super hot, isn't it awesome my daughter is hot?" Which is weird but is him bragging, not him literally meaning he wants to molest his daughter. I'm not saying it isn't weird but I doubt it really means he wants to gently caress his daughter instead of him being a braggart.

He wants to date his daughter. That's not something a father should think.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

lol I take it you don't have a child, let alone daughter.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think anyone actually believes Donald Trump wants to gently caress his own daughter, it's just a really creepy and weird thing to 'brag' about and something that's super easy to mock.

Like, yea I guess if it helps I agree Donald Trump probably doesn't literally want to molest his daughter, but 99% of dads somehow manage to say 'and isn't my daughter growing up so pretty' without saying 'haha I'd date her, I hope she gets her mom's tits, god drat she's so loving hot'.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

My facebook feed this morning has been blowing up with two Jill Stein things

1) Apparently she said that wifi signals harm children

2) She tweeted that vaccines don't cause autism and was apparently badgered into taking that tweet down

I assume this means that she's pandering to her crazy stupid base but is there a point? Doesn't she already have the Green Party nomination?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

QuarkJets posted:

2) She tweeted that vaccines don't cause autism and was apparently badgered into taking that tweet down

I assume this means that she's pandering to her crazy stupid base but is there a point? Doesn't she already have the Green Party nomination?

right, she's not pandering, she's stupid

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Josh Lyman posted:

You have to watch about 2 1/2 minutes to get the full effect, but I feel as if Trump doesn't have the capacity for sarcasm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ4Mof4TyA&t=481s
Everything is a personal attack to him. I knew kids in school like this. You tell a joke at their expense and they wouldn't stop pushing you or grabbing you until you apologized.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
CFO and DNC Spokesperson also gone

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/760545561481252868

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Wookums posted:

lol I take it you don't have a child, let alone daughter.

well he has a point, i don't brag on my daughter's physical attractiveness because i dont want to reduce her as a person to her appearance but then again i'm not a narcissistic manchild either

trump is totally creepy i agree but i dunno if this is fueled by daughter lust so much as the reduction of everyone in his life to a commodity for his self-use

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't think anyone actually believes Donald Trump wants to gently caress his own daughter, it's just a really creepy and weird thing to 'brag' about and something that's super easy to mock.

Like, yea I guess if it helps I agree Donald Trump probably doesn't literally want to molest his daughter, but 99% of dads somehow manage to say 'and isn't my daughter growing up so pretty' without saying 'haha I'd date her, I hope she gets her mom's tits, god drat she's so loving hot'.
If you unironically say you'd like to date someone, doesn't it follow that you'd like to have sex with them?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

For this year yes.
She's really attached to her current 'fame' though, and think about who votes in the green party primary.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

QuarkJets posted:

She's floundering hard after polls showed "Oh hey, Bernie supporters /are/ in fact leaving en masse to support Clinton". I had no problem convincing someone who thought she was a good idea that she really wasn't with the whole vaccine thing.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Josh Lyman posted:

And yet there still aren't any cheap Korean BBQ places. What is the point of a melting pot if I can't get my melting pot on?!

korean bbq? dude you go to atlanta so you can eat grilled chicken so fresh that you watch the cook slaughter the chickens.

Trabisnikof posted:

God job putting someone's else's words in my mouth.

So why can't Trump just have complimented his daughter in the same way he complimented Putin?

Why did Trump choose to repeatedly say he would have sex with his daughter if she wasn't his relative if he felt no sexual attraction to her?

Good job putting someone else's in mine and following it up by ignoring what I had posted earlier. He's a narcissistic buffoon that doesn't understand really basic human relationships, yes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A lot of people are really invested in whether or not Trump wants to gently caress his daughter, it seems.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So, is this good or bad?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Northern Virginia is the land of Bulgogi restaurants.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

kaleedity posted:

korean bbq? dude you go to atlanta so you can eat grilled chicken so fresh that you watch the cook slaughter the chickens.
I mean, I can get unfrozen chicken breast for $1.99 year round at Kroger, but I never really thought of us as a chicken region.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

QuarkJets posted:

The tweet she was responding to with the autism thing was from Colin Meloy of the Decemberists, who has an autistic son. There are a non-zero amount of people on my Facebook feed who are apparently now boycotting the band for "baiting" her.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Night10194 posted:

So, is this good or bad?

This is just more empty pandering to the Sanders people from Clinton.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

zoux posted:

A lot of people are really invested in whether or not Trump wants to gently caress his daughter, it seems.
That's because we do ourselves and want to know if Trump is truly a man of the people.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

sarmhan posted:

For this year yes.
She's really attached to her current 'fame' though, and think about who votes in the green party primary.

Ah so you're saying that she probably has to keep pandering in order to keep the gravy train flowing for future elections, because even Jill Stein knows that she has no shot at actually winning and all of that Green Party money goes away if she starts to express opinions that aren't crazy.

I think that's probably the right answer

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Because POC don't owe you a meal and are not there to service you.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zoux posted:

He does though (which is bad).

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

Because POC don't owe you a meal and are not there to service you.
Actually it's an economics joke, that an increased supply of Korean BBQ joints should lower the average price.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Obama calling out Trump today as 'unfit' might backfire. Telling Republicans that they should denounce Trump seems like a great way to get the Republicans to unify against Obama.

Maybe Obama smells blood in the water and wants to get as many people attached to that sinking ship as possible? Seems like an unnecessary risk, though.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Lemming posted:

He says and does a lot of creepy poo poo with his daughter!

We have this issue with my narcissist father. It's not that he in genuinely sexually attracted to his daughter. It's that he doesn't consider what effect his words or actions have on others. In his upbringing of time and privilege, it was ok to comment on women in this manner. To say it about his daughter is in his mind a compliment, both to her and to himself, because his children reflect back upon him.

If other people think it's creepy, that's their problem. Only his internal intent matters, not the effect it has on others. And his internal intent is always good because he his virtuous.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A Winner is Jew posted:

It sounds like it's more, whenever there's a new DNC chair there's naturally some shifting and people leaving/coming because the DNC chair gets to decide who they want doing what and they might not want the same people doing the same things. Much like how a Clinton Administration, for example, probably won't keep a lot of the same people from the Obama Administration. Clinton wants to pick her own people, while people who've been there for awhile might want something new.

But they can say, see, heads are rolling over this, stop bitching holy Christ, the same way they did with DWS even though she was already leaving anyway, they just expedited it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Josh Lyman posted:

Actually it's an economics joke, that an increased supply of Korean BBQ joints should lower the average price.
KBBQ is an entire business model revolving around the fact that you pay someone to stuff yourself with meat. It's never going down to sub $10 (and if it does, the service it absolutely atrocious and you'll be pulling teeth to get your third bulgogi plate).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Night10194 posted:

So, is this good or bad?

Brad Marshal was the atheist email guy. I have a pretty good opinion of Donna B so I'm inclined to think she's making smart moves.

Have Some Flowers! posted:

Obama calling out Trump today as 'unfit' might backfire. Telling Republicans that they should denounce Trump seems like a great way to get the Republicans to unify against Obama.

Maybe Obama smells blood in the water and wants to get as many people attached to that sinking ship as possible? Seems like an unnecessary risk, though.

OTOH, there are several opeds today, including in the Wall Street Journal, about how the GOP needs to drop Donald Trump while they can still claim it is a principled stand and not expediency.

Republican leadership is not going to carry a drop of water for Donald Trump.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

POC don't owe you a cheap meal either. If you want cheap Korean BBQ, make it yourself, especially since meat is super cheap in the south.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

A Winner is Jew posted:

Lol I doubt they gave a gently caress about what Sanders people thought when making these decisions

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Night10194 posted:

So, is this good or bad?

Well any kind of restructuring can lead to hiccups in functioning, so that this is happening in the middle of an important election makes me concerned how it will affect the ability of the DNC to function.

Also Amy Dacey by most accounts was well regarded, and also seems she was kept out of the loop from some of the things DWS was doing, so seems like she doesn't deserve what's happening to her.

OTOH, I trust the new chair to take steps to strengthen the DNC so some new fresh blood might be a good thing.

And if it makes the Sanders supporters feel better than guess it's worth ti.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Have Some Flowers! posted:

That's exactly what he's doing. Because he knows Republicans aren't going to.

The people who are just as likely to vote D as they are R are going to see the republicans not doing anything but making excuses for their lovely candidate which means more support for Hillary.

He's trying to force the republicans hands to get them to either repudiate trump and damage their standing with the base, or defend trump and damage the standing with the undecideds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In order for the GOP to go after Obama on that statement, they'd have to argue that Trump is fit for president. Since Paul Ryan is currently drafting a statement saying why it's bad to take medals you didn't earn, he'll likely be too busy to stand up for Trump.

• Locked thread