Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
That was a wild ride from start to finish. The amount of care you put into the delusion is awe inspiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZKoverts
Sep 12, 2011
Whoa ASF, hasn't Nicholas tried to con you repeatedly? :confused:

Is it a good idea to be doing business with him again? I mean, you could try direct his creepy conman's gaze towards your aunts but I hope you don't get caught up too!

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
What happened to your parents?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Millow posted:

What happened to your parents?

My dad died in 1987, my mom kicked the bucket in 2012, which means that I'm on my own now - it may seem strange, but now that I've been released from my abusive parent's yoke, my mental health has improved a great deal (since both of my parents were 'not all in the head, and we were a bunch of abusive and mutually enabling morons.) I'm loving the newly acquired freedom, and this enabled me to aggressively tear up the motley selection of run-down and abandoned real estate properties my aunts were collecting like Pokemon cards. And the last, but not least, I smell a lot of money - you can never have enough money, I reckon. :)

If this really goes trough, I would have ended up with a huge pile of money while permanently severing the ties with my clown aunts. It's win-win situation! :)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

ZZKoverts posted:

Whoa ASF, hasn't Nicholas tried to con you repeatedly? :confused:

Is it a good idea to be doing business with him again? I mean, you could try direct his creepy conman's gaze towards your aunts but I hope you don't get caught up too!

Yes, I'd agree that he's a professional conman and a piece of human refuse. Amazingly, he's the exact kind of person I need to get myself rid of Bruno's estate. Aunts are going to get bread crumbs from him, and I'm actually fine about that, since they're stereotypical white trash who don't really deserve anything better. :)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I can't imagine why they didn't want to start sending their money to an addict/alcoholic.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

I can't imagine why they didn't want to start sending their money to an addict/alcoholic.

I portrayed myself as a worst piece of poo poo that is only going to keep brewing weapons-grade poo poo, and then some. It would've been a small price to pay me in order to get me out of the picture for good. And that's actually a good scenario, if I got Nicholas involved, poo poo would have had hit the fan in a spectacular manner which the aunts would've lost by default. Paying me for my share of house is actually a lesser evil, because then I would've been out of the picture for good and aunts would've been free to do whatever crossed their minds about the house..

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Usually "worst piece of poo poo" addicts aren't like "okay that's enough money thanks, I don't need any more :)" after you give them a little.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Croatia: I mailed myself trash is good but not as good as the current title of Croatia: I found a spare tooth.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Anne Whateley posted:

Usually "worst piece of poo poo" addicts aren't like "okay that's enough money thanks, I don't need any more :)" after you give them a little.

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you have loving terrible reading comprehension, but I'll go with trolling.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Apparently my reading comprehension is terrible? Tell me what part's incorrect:

- He's been an addict/alcoholic for umpteen years
- He hit his aunts up for cash because times were tough
- They said no, in accordance with all advice ever not to give money to addicts
- As a result, he hates them, swore revenge, and launched his plots

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

Apparently my reading comprehension is terrible? Tell me what part's incorrect:

- He's been an addict/alcoholic for umpteen years

Correct.

Anne Whateley posted:

- He hit his aunts up for cash because times were tough

Correct.

Anne Whateley posted:

- They said no, in accordance with all advice ever not to give money to addicts

Wrong. I only revealed myself as a junkie much, much later when my financial situation was actually getting better (there was a several years worth of gap between those two events)

Anne Whateley posted:

- As a result, he hates them, swore revenge, and launched his plots

The strained family relationship bomb actually goes all the way back to the 1970s. I had it enough so I set off a big drama/butthurt bomb. The whole thing has been festering for a ridiculously long time now and I finally decided to put my foot down. :)

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Wrong. I only revealed myself as a junkie much, much later when my financial situation was actually getting better (there was a several years worth of gap between those two events)

Yeah this is what I'm talking about. Anne W seemed to take the conclusion "acted like a junkie to them" and used it to justify their actions "didn't give money", which is exactly the kind of poo poo goons do all the time in order to show how the OP / whoever they are targeting, is a terrible person. Just loving give it a rest. People love drawing the worst possible conclusions.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I understood he didn't start playing up the turbojunkie thing until after he hated them as part of the scheme. I'm just pretty skeptical that he successfully kept his addiction totally hidden from them for the years? decades? before that. I've known a lot of addicts in that "no way could they tell, it's definitely a secret" mindset.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Apologies, thread. The White Judge is usually contained to the online dating thread, but appears to have wandered loose to terrorize others.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Please stop terrorizing me by having an opinion, and please return to your trained thread immediately, thanks

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Anne Whateley posted:

Please stop terrorizing me by having an opinion, and please return to your trained thread immediately, thanks

Dude had cancer too. Maybe you missed that part

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I didn't miss it; I was following his saga then. I think it was in TCC at the time, IIRC because his attitude was "I'm going to die anyway so let's see how many drugs it's humanly possible to do."

Again, I'm not judging him, all I'm saying is I can understand why people might decline to bankroll that.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Anne Whateley posted:

I didn't miss it; I was following his saga then. I think it was in TCC at the time, IIRC because his attitude was "I'm going to die anyway so let's see how many drugs it's humanly possible to do."

Again, I'm not judging him, all I'm saying is I can understand why people might decline to bankroll that.

I can't help but he got a lot of his drugs via the NHS, and he was basically begging for grocery money?

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Anne Whateley posted:

I understood he didn't start playing up the turbojunkie thing until after he hated them as part of the scheme. I'm just pretty skeptical that he successfully kept his addiction totally hidden from them for the years? decades? before that. I've known a lot of addicts in that "no way could they tell, it's definitely a secret" mindset.

How would they know? They knew he was going hungry and doing chemo at the time, why would they suspect drugs?

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
I just had a sense of déjà vu. Is this Anne's first time as a shining beacon of righteousness smiting all the riff-raff in SA's GBS of all places?

ASF: Samo naprijed!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I find it helps if you read the thread. For example, it's in e/n, I specifically said I'm not judging him, and I'm not even the first person on the topic. This is such a weird pileon.

Does it help if I take it all back? I'm sure his enormous drug habits were a total secret, gently caress those bitches for not sending him cash on demand, they deserve to be swindled as much as possible. Namaste

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I don't think I'd lend ASFB money either. I would buy him food or lend him a tooth if he needed it though

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Addicts always think they're hiding their problem from family/friends a lot more successfully than they actually are, and I think we all know what this money is going to be used for (at least in large part) if ASF gets it. It doesn't sound like he's doing anything illegal to get the money, just manipulating family members he doesn't particularly like, which happens all the time.

But who cares, as long as we get some entertaining stories out of it.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Anne Whateley posted:

I find it helps if you read the thread. For example, it's in e/n, I specifically said I'm not judging him, and I'm not even the first person on the topic. This is such a weird pileon.

Does it help if I take it all back? I'm sure his enormous drug habits were a total secret, gently caress those bitches for not sending him cash on demand, they deserve to be swindled as much as possible. Namaste

Shut up, Anne.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The inexorable pull of the Black Judge will take them back homeward, fret not

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
NotAnArtist, how are you allowed to read this thread when you have more than double my posts in the online dating thread?

I thought this thread was for grimy stories about drug-fueled terrible decisions, not for enforced hugboxing. Can we get back to the stories please?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Anne Whateley posted:

NotAnArtist, how are you allowed to read this thread when you have more than double my posts in the online dating thread?

I thought this thread was for grimy stories about drug-fueled terrible decisions, not for enforced hugboxing. Can we get back to the stories please?

Yeah, when you stop shitposting.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Nice to see the Dating Hostility Squad gnawing upon one another. :allears:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

The inexorable pull of the Black Judge will take them back homeward, fret not

I don't really know what you're talking about but it sounds compelling as hell.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

hey genji can you please not be genji on a KOTH map
hey genji standing at the back line and sniping with throwing stars doesn't do much good on a KOTH map
genji we have no dps im begging you to switch
hey genji why are you just standing in the spawn room for 30 seconds every time you die
*lose in a 3-0 roll*
oh well, at least that guy got to play genji

voicechatinthetwenties.txt

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

haha well that's clearly in the wrong thread :) sorry

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

ASF, did you mention taking tramacet recreationally? When I broke my ankle I got some 80 tabs of the stuff but barely took 6, on account of the glaring ''may be habit forming.'' What's the appeal to fuzzing out on painkillers? Don't want to sound snarky, I'm honestly curious.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

NotAnArtist posted:

ASF, did you mention taking tramacet recreationally? When I broke my ankle I got some 80 tabs of the stuff but barely took 6, on account of the glaring ''may be habit forming.'' What's the appeal to fuzzing out on painkillers? Don't want to sound snarky, I'm honestly curious.

As a non-recreational long time opiate taker; if you've never taken the stuff it's hard to explain, but just imagine the most comfortable you've ever felt. Like getting out of a nice hot bath and into a bed with pristine clean sheets that is floating on a cloud all the while you're being sung to by angels in the calmest dulcet tones imaginable. That is why people take them. Not only are they chemically addictive but that lure of not having a care in the world for X hours, letting all the stress, drama, pain and suffering of life just simply not exist.

poo poo is so drat moreish.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Jesus, that sounds goddamn amazing.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

dpack_1 posted:

As a non-recreational long time opiate taker; if you've never taken the stuff it's hard to explain, but just imagine the most comfortable you've ever felt. Like getting out of a nice hot bath and into a bed with pristine clean sheets that is floating on a cloud all the while you're being sung to by angels in the calmest dulcet tones imaginable. That is why people take them. Not only are they chemically addictive but that lure of not having a care in the world for X hours, letting all the stress, drama, pain and suffering of life just simply not exist.

poo poo is so drat moreish.

yeah i've taken heavy duty opiates recreationally maybe a dozen times in my life (last time was 5+ years ago) and this is correct, you feel physically amazing and euphoric and your brain just shuts off, which is nice when you deal with constant low grade anxiety and depression. it's pretty much the best feeling in the world the first few times you take them, which is why I'll never take them recreationally again

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i've had 2 full open colonectomies and as such have experienced the full gamut of opiates, from dilaudid (nice for 5 minutes but it wears off fast) to percoset (really strong) to norco (makes me itchy in the chestal area but it's nice) and morphine (waking up from surgery you thought was going to take an hour 6 hours later with a self-administered morphine drip is quite a thing).

the best way I can describe it is that feeling you get after you work like a 10 hour day of hard labor, you came home and showered and ate and now you're exhausted but thoroughly sated

if i could get a scrip for percoset id probably never smoke weed again :)

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

In which the entire thread turns to habitual opiate use.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

There can't possibly be a downside!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

GlitchThief posted:

There can't possibly be a downside!

makes it hard to poop, for one thing