Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Your breathing triggered me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Your breathing triggered me.

I have a sinus infection, and if I don't set it to record my mic, it doesn't record my half of the conversation in comps.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

You may be a casual machine, but are you a Professional Casual-Player? :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo9rHHdxa3Y
(Please excuse my background music, I did not realize shadowplay picked it up)

surc fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 2, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
csgolounge not shutting down, instead limiting betting access to countries where betting is legal
will be interesting to see where those skins go in a week when valve kills the bots

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
get kicked for bottom fragging, weeklong cooldown finally ends, two games later

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It's a great community

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Pomp posted:

Yo know what to do

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Soulex posted:

Yo know what to do

i'm already drafting my suicide note

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Just git gud instead

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
It's OK. You also get cooldowns for kicking too many trolls. The system works.

I rarely mind getting kicked because the teams that do it are usually toxic and I'd rather be doing something else.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

Community competitive is cool and good.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

Luna Was Here posted:

csgolounge not shutting down, instead limiting betting access to countries where betting is legal
will be interesting to see where those skins go in a week when valve kills the bots

Are they stupid or do they have a special secret deal in place with Valve? I guess we'll find out soon.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Are you really bad enough to be kicked that much? Whatever the reason, you may as well find yourself a CS wingman. That way you can't be kicked (unless they hate you too) and you can have a vital outlet to bitch about your teammates/opponents/yourself.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Has Valve ever spoken about what happens to your rank if you are kicked? (I don't think they have and doubt they will).

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I didn't know there was a penalty for being kicked except when the console does for team damage or abandoning.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jeza posted:

you may as well find yourself a CS wingman.

i'll play with you, kicked goon

http://steamcommunity.com/id/exethan0596

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Jeza posted:

Are you really bad enough to be kicked that much? Whatever the reason, you may as well find yourself a CS wingman. That way you can't be kicked (unless they hate you too) and you can have a vital outlet to bitch about your teammates/opponents/yourself.

I'd bet money that he was playing OK for his rank.

Probably had a mediocre pistol round, maybe caught an unlucky headshot. 0/1. If they lost the pistol round it's not uncommon to lose the next two without getting a kill, 0/3. Then the team loses the first buy round, that's about the time they start looking for something to blame ( other than themselves ) and the guy who's 0/4 or 1/4 or whatever is going to get the poo poo end of the stick.

That's usually about the time someone starts up with, "HOLY poo poo WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING MAN" and whoever was on the bottom stops making call-outs, the team gets super negative, and everyone tilts. Couple games like that and you'll end up on cooldown.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Rosh posted:

Are they stupid or do they have a special secret deal in place with Valve? I guess we'll find out soon.

They seem to be stupid, Valve is going to trade ban their bots for sure. I highly doubt they have an agreement. I would withdraw your skins if you have any there.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Yeah, the last time I had a team of crybabies it was round 3 or 4 of CT side Cache when the second place fragger on the team started talking about how he and the top frag were carrying everyone and poo poo-talking the rest of us. It definitely turned out to be an unusual off night for me, but I was playing mid and hadn't even seen an enemy outside of the attempted retakes/evacuation punishes up to that point but we were all bads for not playing the correct bombsite like them apparently. At this point I went ahead with voice_enable 0. Within another round or so they were attempting to kick the bottom fragger (who turned out to be legitimately useless, but had high ping and may have been playing from South America for all I know). I will never vote kick just because someone is bad. Once the 2 shitheads figured out I was the one voting No when they tried to kick the guy every round they started trying to kick me every round. My new bad buddy wouldn't allow it though. Of course by the time we lost I was in 3rd iirc and was only off of "Mr Carry" by a point or so. This is Gold Nova 1. Were all just bad.

2.0@400

Edit:

Suran37 posted:

They seem to be stupid, Valve is going to trade ban their bots for sure. I highly doubt they have an agreement. I would withdraw your skins if you have any there.

I can't imagine that they do either and the language of the cease and desist seemed pretty drat clear to me. I've never done any skin gambling or real money selling. Even if Valve was okay with it I never trusted any of these websites even before the scandals were revealed. I would never, ever enter my Steam login info through a third party website. That is asking for trouble even if Phantoml0rd isn't on the other side rigging betting outcomes.

Who the hell is still using these sites with the knowledge that Valve could ban the bots and lock out all their skins at any time?

Rosh fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 2, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fer's out for two months due to nose and ear surgeries, Shoowtime's playing for SK instead. He should be back in time for ESL New York, but in the meantime, I'm interested to see how Shoowtime performs online.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Rosh posted:

Even if Valve was okay with it I never trusted any of these websites even before the scandals were revealed. I would never, ever enter my Steam login info through a third party website. That is asking for trouble even if Phantoml0rd isn't on the other side rigging betting outcomes.

While the rest of your post is accurate and correct, I think you misunderstand what entering your login information is doing. You are sending your username and password to Valve and giving them permission to confirm to the (super shady) site that you are who you say you are. The (super shady) site only has this information plus the information you make public on your steam community profile, such as your inventory. I didn't hear about any (super shady) sites operating outright phishing where you were sending your account information to them instead of Valve. Just the scams where they accept the skins you willingly give them and then cheat you out of them somehow.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Thorgot posted:

While the rest of your post is accurate and correct, I think you misunderstand what entering your login information is doing. You are sending your username and password to Valve and giving them permission to confirm to the (super shady) site that you are who you say you are. The (super shady) site only has this information plus the information you make public on your steam community profile, such as your inventory. I didn't hear about any (super shady) sites operating outright phishing where you were sending your account information to them instead of Valve. Just the scams where they accept the skins you willingly give them and then cheat you out of them somehow.

Yeah the SteamAPI should prevent shady site owners from actually stealing your info. I'm NOT a dev, nor have I looked at the SteamAPI info but my guess as to how it works: They use steam's public code to add API to site, this has a hook directly back to valve auth servers, when you plug your info into the steam portion of shady_site_666, it encapsulates that info and sends it directly to valve, it does NOT get captured by the site/server. Once valve gets the info, they send back a confirmation/permission packet to the site/server and now allow connections from that site back to valve on your behalf. Now, could someone have figured out a way to sniff the traffic going from the API to the valve auth servers? Yes. If they did that though, there are likely a host of other issues steam/valve related, as well as encryption in general. They likely could do some other shady poo poo involving using the access they have been granted to your account, but with 2FA setup that's A LOT less likely.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
No, I do get that, but whether anyone took advantage or not it created a situation where that kind of phishing was very feasible. It's pretty surprising actually that we haven't heard about fake skins-gambling websites doing this considering how much account stealing and scamming was going on before Valve implemented all of the mobile authentication stuff.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Three 15-15s in my last five games, 2 of those after we were up 11-4 at the half. Triggered af over here.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

Three 15-15s in my last five games, 2 of those after we were up 11-4 at the half. Triggered af over here.

Stacked maps, or did your team get cocky, lose a few, tilt, and then struggle their way to a tie?

I see a lot of teams throw in MG-MGE because they just keep pushing when they switch from T to CT. Dust 2 is the worst for this.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Stacked maps, or did your team get cocky, lose a few, tilt, and then struggle their way to a tie?

I see a lot of teams throw in MG-MGE because they just keep pushing when they switch from T to CT. Dust 2 is the worst for this.

Another issue I see is, you get a money lead and so people have money to buy every round. You switch sides, drop first pistol and lose next 2, but people still kept buying every round, so your economy is never "righted" and you're stuck with 2-3 people half buying every round, while the other 2-3 save for a real buy round and you just never have the guns+nades to hold out.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

MF_James posted:

Another issue I see is, you get a money lead and so people have money to buy every round. You switch sides, drop first pistol and lose next 2, but people still kept buying every round, so your economy is never "righted" and you're stuck with 2-3 people half buying every round, while the other 2-3 save for a real buy round and you just never have the guns+nades to hold out.

Or people get reckless and buy dumb like negevs or autos and they give the other team the equivalent of 10k and your economy gets screwed when you lose the round.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
had to go to overtime on lan because my teammates bought negevs and clowned the last round to make our score 12-3 instead of 13-2, we also didn't win a single map after that

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

MF_James posted:

Buying every round is a huge thing and people just don't stop. I used to write it off. I wasn't thinking about buying my teammates, whether or not they were buying, etc. Why take a pistol when I could have an SMG? Why not buy a helmet and armor every round?

Turns out if you're bad with a rifle, you'll still do more damage than if you're bad with an SMG. If you're good with a rifle, you'll... do more damage than if you had an SMG.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Every single time I've bought for teammates they've hosed up immediately and wasted it (which if we lose the round means I'm completely screwed for the next [especially if CT]).

My new rule for team buying is "learn to love the MP7 or you don't get jack poo poo."

(the mp7 owns so hard)

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I played a game (nova 3 lol) where we lost pistol and then this kid is telling everyone to force up on round 2. That was dumb I thought so I didn't buy. Of course we lose then round 3 same kid says "oh Infinotize you have money buy us all pistols." I say no so he starts a kick vote that doesn't pass. He ends up rage quitting after a few more rounds, we ended up pulling off a tie. tl;dr it was probably 5 rounds in before we had a real buy and we lost all of those.

Oh I forgot he said "you always ALWAYS force on round 2" - I'm pretty sure that's only if you won pistol. :rip:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Infinotize posted:

I played a game (nova 3 lol) where we lost pistol and then this kid is telling everyone to force up on round 2. That was dumb I thought so I didn't buy. Of course we lose then round 3 same kid says "oh Infinotize you have money buy us all pistols." I say no so he starts a kick vote that doesn't pass. He ends up rage quitting after a few more rounds, we ended up pulling off a tie. tl;dr it was probably 5 rounds in before we had a real buy and we lost all of those.

Oh I forgot he said "you always ALWAYS force on round 2" - I'm pretty sure that's only if you won pistol. :rip:

Nah you can force on round 2 and still have enough for a rifle and helmet on round 4, nades too if you get any frags. You just can't buy anything at all on round 3 if you lose.

Guys still obviously a dumbass, but yeah.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Smg challenging round 2, especially if you lost pistol with a plant on round 1, can be super fun. Effective? Ehhhhhhhhh. Fun though!!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Infinotize posted:

he was right. it's not a force if you won the round before either

almost always force r2 after a loss unless you got the r1 plant since that means a full buy on r3

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 2, 2016

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

we were on ct side. and the round2 buys weren't pistol they all bought out as much as possible. that seemed dumb to me because ehhh if you win it's good but if you lose now you're out 2 more rounds almost certainly

also please keep in mind how bad everyone is at this rank and there are no real tactics at play

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Infinotize posted:

we were on ct side. and the round2 buys weren't pistol they all bought out as much as possible. that seemed dumb to me because ehhh if you win it's good but if you lose now you're out 2 more rounds almost certainly

also please keep in mind how bad everyone is at this rank and there are no real tactics at play

you cannot buy out on ct side on 3rd round after loss so forcing round 2 is encouraged and you can still buy out round 4 assuming you are not buying an awp

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Infinotize posted:

he was trying to get you and the team onboard with gold nova level tactics by coordinating buys, but if hes a dumb rager i guess he can't be right

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Infinotize posted:

ofc buying rnd 2 after a loss would seem dumb to you, you're nova3, i didn't even know those ranks existed until like a year after the ranking system came out

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Twilight Matrix posted:

ofc buying rnd 2 after a loss would seem dumb to you, you're nova3, i didn't even know those ranks existed until like a year after the ranking system came out

post your rank and sens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

6.9 @ 69 dpi