Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Whats the whole trivia night thing at the bar on Wednesday and how do i join it without screaming "DOES YOUR HOUSE HAVE STAIRS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Exmond posted:

Whats the whole trivia night thing at the bar on Wednesday and how do i join it without screaming "DOES YOUR HOUSE HAVE STAIRS"

That's the only way, actually. Just walk into the bar and start screaming; they'll get you sorted out.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
In the past you would look for the Quarex sash, not sure about this year?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Get on GroupMe.

If you want to hang with goons at Gen Con get on GroupMe.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Kaddish posted:

Get on GroupMe.

If you want to hang with goons at Gen Con get on GroupMe.

Im on there as Funky_mike

Seldon
Dec 21, 2008

Exmond posted:

Im on there as Funky_mike

Can you refer us to Typical_mike? I don't want things to get too crazy until like, Saturday.

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3
Finally got things pinned down.
I'm arriving late Wednesday (hopefully in time to catch goons and trivia?), leaving early afternoon Sunday. Busy at 12 - 1 PM and likely going to the SUSD thing at Tomlinson's Tap Room on Friday evening. Other than that and Thursday vendor-halling; I'm just winging the con and want to game.

Games I'm Bringing more or less
Keyflower + Merchants and Farmers expansions
Arkwright 2nd ed. (have a pick up order)
Indonesia
Food Chain Magnate
Great Zimbabwe
Archipelago + War & Peace expansion
Tragedy Looper + Midnight Circle expansion
High Frontier
Pax Porfiriana and Pax Pamir
Gravwell
Codenames
Love Letter
Flash Duel
Skull

NOTE: Not going to be carrying all of these around at once, though the lighter party games will likely be on my person any given time, so please let me know on groupme or something to arrange a time and place for gaming. I'm hoping to find some open tables somewhere, otherwise I'm going to default to the pick-up and play library (I have one spare ticket for each time slot).

Battlecon and Tragedy Looper are my dig!

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Games I'm bringing:

* A nearly empty backpack that isn't stuffed with fifty pounds of cardboard and plastic

* My swagger

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I'll also be bringing Brawl and Sellswords, I think.

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3

Trustworthy posted:

Games I'm bringing:

* A nearly empty backpack that isn't stuffed with fifty pounds of cardboard and plastic

* My swagger

This is a good amount to bring.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

My carry-on will be some clothes and my rolled up check bag. I will also have a backpack.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

A pro tip for first time Gen Con people: if you shower with your clothes on, you only need to bring one set of clothes because they get clean along with you.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 3, 2016

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Agrias120 posted:

A pro tip for first time Gen Con people: if you shower with your clothes one, you only need to bring one set of clothes because they get clean along with you.

A bottle of febreeze makes showers an ease

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Sigma-X posted:

A bottle of febreeze makes showers an ease

Don't fill your backpack with games, fill it with Axe® Body Spray™

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

When and where is the trivia again? I'd ask the GroupMe, but I feel like it would be deluging phones with a question they've answered a hundred times.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Sun King's 20 Sided Rye ESB is mediocre.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Trustworthy posted:

Don't fill your backpack with games, fill it with Axe® Body Spray™

"Give some shits, aerosol your pits!"

Mudcrab Merchant
Dec 28, 2008

Please pay in exact change.
Getting on that there aeroplane in a few hours! IT'S HERE IT'S HAPPENING I HAVE SURELY FORGOTTEN TO PACK SOMETHING OH GOD :derp:

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

LuiCypher posted:

When and where is the trivia again? I'd ask the GroupMe, but I feel like it would be deluging phones with a question they've answered a hundred times.

Colts Grille at 7:00 pm. At least, that's when the trivia started in the past, so that's what I'm going with.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Is that STILL there? Is it some kind of historic landmark they just can't fix? Do the locals enjoy the rank, raw sewage stank in front of their cheap burger places?

Actually it's because Indianapolis has a combined sewer system. Various spots in the city are just always bad for some reason.

Reynold posted:

How is this different from every other Gen Con beer? It doesn't help that Sun King has quickly become the worst local brewery.

Backno fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 3, 2016

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
I'm flying out in something like 8 hours. I am excited and terrified.

In other words VVV.

Mudcrab Merchant posted:

Getting on that there aeroplane in a few hours! IT'S HERE IT'S HAPPENING I HAVE SURELY FORGOTTEN TO PACK SOMETHING OH GOD :derp:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wheres indian food in OP? Where?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
in about 23 hours I'll be touching down in Indianapolis!

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

My friends and I are on the road now. Just passed through St. Louis. We're about 5ish hours from Indy.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Fueling up before I get on the road, about five hours to go.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Just stopped at Waffle House north of Columbus...so close!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Junkie Disease posted:

Put this in the OP and keep it a loving SECRET outside this thread.
http://www.haveliindiancuisineindy.com/cpsiteframepage.lasso?-token.lpuserref=123580.113129
This place is like 2 blocks from the epicenter of the con and is loving great Indian food.
We passed a piece of poo poo Stake and Shake that had a line 20 deep outside and were seated and eating in Haveli in under 10 minutes.
Course that could be ruined this year. But keep this poo poo under your hat.
I LOVE INDIAN FOOD

Quoting for new page

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Plane bumped back an hour but landing by 3:30. Onwards to convention!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I'm HERE.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Holy poo poo I still remembered my GroupMe password after a loving year. In as Jacko, see you assholes tomorrow.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'm at the hotel.
There are 3 pokestops I can reach from my room.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Backno posted:

How is this different from every other Gen Con beer? It doesn't help that Sun King has quickly become the worst local brewery.

I thought last year's was alright. And I think Sun King in general is a bit better than a middle of the road brewery, better than a lot of small places that haven't tried anything new and are just middling IPA factories. For their size and popularity you'd think they would get more unique and flavorful stuff going on though, like Cherry Busey for instance. More of that sort of thing, please. I just found out Quaff On opened their biggest brewpub yet in Speedway, just over on 10th and Main, gonna hit them up for lunch.

If anyone wants to get out of the city for a little while during GenCon, a quick uber over to Irvington on the East side will get you to Black Acre's brewpub. They have amazing beer and their paninis are dope. And there is also Jockamo's pizza in the same building, another local favorite for your gourmet pizza needs.

Edit: Big Woods Speedway/Quaff On is having a geek trivia event Thursday at 10pm, btw. They are down the street from an indoor go-cart track. I'm just gonna trust you all to do the right thing.

Reynold fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 3, 2016

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Is that the pizza place down an alley? That place was great.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Is that the pizza place down an alley? That place was great.

I think you're talking about Bazbeaux's. Jockamos is similar, both are great.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Reynold posted:

Edit: Big Woods Speedway/Quaff On is having a geek trivia event Thursday at 10pm, btw. They are down the street from an indoor go-cart track. I'm just gonna trust you all to do the right thing.

but i have a 5k on friday morning :ohdear:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Arrived early this morning, went to Patachou's for lunch and had the apple fritter french toast. Highly recommend, in addition to the copious amounts of coffee that they offer.

See you nerds at the Colts Grille tonight! This is my third Gen Con, but the first that I actually arrived in advance and I get to spend the whole Thursday doing things at the con!

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Cherry Busey on tap at the sun king tent, faith restored

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
nobody's posted yet but NO TRIVIA AT COLTS GRILL TONIGHT people are meeting at tilted kilt instead

Also get on groupme

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Double post, we're still at tilted kilt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Reynold posted:

Once they realized people want boring beers they can chug instead of enjoy. See how they have strayed towards safe choices as the years progressed? They will be doing a light lager next year, watch.

2016 - 20 sided Rye - Roggenbier (fancy world for malty German beer)
2015 - Drink On and Prosper - Blonde Ale
2014 - Froth of Khan - American Brown Ale
2013 - Flagon Slayer - Braggot
2012 - Ale of Destiny - Belgian Dark Ale

• Locked thread