Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

With stories about Trump's campaign staff imploding I'm suddenly getting scared Pence will get moved to the top of the ticket and win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

beatlegs posted:

With stories about Trump's campaign staff imploding I'm suddenly getting scared Pence will get moved to the top of the ticket and win.

They're going to take Obama's advice and it'll be his fault. Thanks Obama

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

beatlegs posted:

So what's the protocol for if Trump actually flames out and Pence says "gently caress you, I won't do it," before Manafort can even turn his head to ask him the question?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Pence is a terrible, terrible candidate so I wouldn't be worried.
Apparently the man is not very bright, and he certainly isn't very charismatic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you are dumb enough to carry Trumps water you probably dumb enough to think its water your carrying.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

sarmhan posted:

People in Indiana HATE his rear end.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

sarmhan posted:

Trump supporters would not vote for Pence, unless they are just always going to pull the lever for R. He's quite unpopular in Indiana with the demographics that Trump is riding. Just think of Pence as Santorum and imagine how well he would do in this position.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

PoorMoralCompass posted:

Wait wait wait.
Are silencers legal?

They're governed by the National Firearms Act of 1934, the same law that handles stuff like fully automatic rifles and sawed-off shotguns.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm not gonna vote Trump but I'm gonna wistfully look towards the R lever and imagine a world where Pence gets the gently caress out of Indiana and becomes your problem

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Because this can't get any crazier...

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/760681879746084864

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

So what's the protocol for if Trump actually flames out and Pence says "gently caress you, I won't do it," before Manafort can even turn his head to ask him the question?

Why wouldn't Pence do it.

He's already sold out whatever principles and credibility he's had by being Trump's VP after calling Trump's Muslim ban unconstitutional just a few months before, just for the off chance he might get close to that chair in the universe where Trump somehow wins the election.

He has no future anyway now, might as well accept the presidential nom if offered, the chance of Hillary Clinton dropping dead from a stroke on November 11 and throwing the electoral college into disarray isn't much greater than zero but it's still orders of magnitude more likely than his career ever recovering enough from a Trump meltdown to get him that close to the presidency again.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

speaking of lewandowski, zucker likes the rear end in a top hat

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/jeff-zucker-cnn-fox-news-1201827824/

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Now put it in your mouth.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

"Oh, my God."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PoorMoralCompass posted:

Wait wait wait.
Are silencers legal?

Largely, no they are not, but special permits can be attained.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, there's this very obscure punk band out there called "Dead Birds and Blind Kids" which has a song dedicated to taking down Bill O'Reilly. Sadly I can only seem to find it on spotify, but there you go.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

nine-gear crow posted:

RNC rules provide for replacing the candidate if there is a vacancy, he doesn't accept, or he dies. The former two no longer apply. There is no formal provision for actually removing/revoking a candidate's nomination, because that would require someone to be completely batshit insane to require that after the scrutiny of the primaries and the nomination convention.

The unofficial provision is someone sits down Fat Reek and tries to get him to remember his name, and repeat his performance against Rubio. For the good of the Party

PoorMoralCompass posted:

Wait wait wait.
Are silencers legal?

Yep. They're also not nearly as effective as Hollywood shows them to be. Mostly they turn eardrum-injuring noises into eardrum-irritating noises.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Nihilarian posted:

I'm not gonna vote Trump but I'm gonna wistfully look towards the R lever and imagine a world where Pence gets the gently caress out of Indiana and becomes your problem

He can't run for Governor and VP at the same time. Congrats, you already got rid of him.

Trump will not let Pence take the top of the ticket, all this fantasy talk of Trump getting replaced has to involve a scenario like Trump dropping dead for it to happen.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

imo crowder has the silencer for plausible deniability

"yeah I fire MY GUN all the time, you wouldn't hear it, it's silenced"

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Probably not a silencer, but a barrel extension to put it at a mandated 16 or 18 inch length to qualify as a rifle and be sold legally over the counter. Also probably is a semi auto only uzi model too.

Chowder ain't that hardcore.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dabir posted:

imo crowder has the silencer for plausible deniability

"yeah I fire MY GUN all the time, you wouldn't hear it, it's silenced"

The few silencers the Bundys had were just extensions

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/760540478622294016

Predictions?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sneaking into the women's bathroom again probably.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Getting within earshot of a BLM protest and yelling grade school insults at them from a megaphone in blackface?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I'm thinking it is mosque related

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/nathanfielder/status/760700288495915012

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

We are officially beyond parody.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This is amazing.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I've heard a silencer before, the trick is sub sonic ammo. That's when the noise level drops drastically. With regular ammo it sounds like a hammer getting a good hit against a piece of metal.

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 3, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Please get arrested. Please get arrested.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I've heard a silencer before, the trick is sub sonic ammo. That's when the noise level drops drastically. With regular ammo it sounds like a hammer getting a good hit against a piece of metal.

Since the ammunition is still breaking the sound barrier, right?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Cold loads lower the muzzle velocity to sub-sonic speeds. Obv that would significantly affect the bullet, but it'd be drat quiet with a silencer added. I think the only purpose of using cold loads is actual ninja-style murder and black ops stuff.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

loving drat.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

robotsinmyhead posted:

Cold loads lower the muzzle velocity to sub-sonic speeds. Obv that would significantly affect the bullet, but it'd be drat quiet with a silencer added. I think the only purpose of using cold loads is actual ninja-style murder and black ops stuff.

Well also, hot loads through your silencer will wear it out more quickly--and they wear out quickly enough as it is.

Edit: and before somebody makes a crack about hot loads through your pipe I'll mention that the opposite of a silencer is a thing that makes your gun longer and louder (and more accurate) and that thing's called a compensator. If you have a better joke than that, by all means go ahead.

Pirate Radar fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 3, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Congrats GOP you have made me feel sorry for Don Lìmon

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

:lol:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

FuzzySkinner posted:

People in Indiana HATE his rear end.

So how did he get elected? Was he popular before, and then the whole "no gays allowed" thing tanked him, or was it something else?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Jurgan posted:

So how did he get elected? Was he popular before, and then the whole "no gays allowed" thing tanked him, or was it something else?

That's a good enough question to nearly warrant its own thread. I was driving through Indy last weekend, specifically the Fishers/Carmel/Meridian Street area where it's all crazy expensive houses and the number of "FIRE MIKE PENCE" yard signs was significant. His education crackdown in the state bought him a lot of enemies, the Religious Freedom law was just icing on a giant poo poo cake.

He has a reasonable challenger this year, but this state has a gift for electing idiots, so I'm not holding my breath on a Democratic Governor.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/760700700598886401

I would pay a good amount of money to watch them watch news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/760700700598886401

I would pay a good amount of money to watch them watch news.

That's what the MST3K reboot should have been.