Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kraps posted:

Where were the fuckin GOP people when they had 60 people trying to be president?

jeb!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CommanderApaul posted:

My wife and I both used to work in a state psychiatric facility. We met there. She was a nurse, I was working security. We both worked with the people there 4-5 days a week for 5 years.

In those five years I heard a lot of crazy incoherent stuff, and the vast majority of it pales in comparison to things I hear come out of this man's brain.

most of it sounds a lot crazier written down honestly, when he's speaking it takes a lot longer for you to figure out that you've already passed by the same phrasing at least four times and you no longer have enough breadcrumbs to get home

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

I bet this is the part that mgade reince flip his poo poo:

TRUMP: Anti-certain candidate PACs.

RUCKER: You mean Clinton, or elsewhere?

TRUMP: I’m not saying against her, but I’m gonna do anti-, I’ll be active in politics through PACs at a later date.

RUCKER: Like during this election year, or?

TRUMP: No.

RUCKER: Or in the future?

TRUMP: For future elections.

RUCKER: Oh. So if there’s a candidate you don’t like who’s running, you would fund a PAC to hurt them?

TRUMP: Republican or Democrat.

RUCKER: Really?

TRUMP: Yeah. That I’ll do.

RUCKER: Would you do that against Cruz, if he runs again?

TRUMP: Maybe.

RUCKER: He seems to want to run again.

TRUMP: Maybe against Kasich.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Is this train speeding up?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

fart blood posted:

Really though, this means nothing. Remember in 2008 when tons of republicans were voted out of office? They were right back in office in 2010.

The GOP can be on fire now and they'll be back in 2018.

Like an ugly, racist, shitfucking Phoenix.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

smell this posted:

ted cruz was right

TED CRUZ WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

miss me yet

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
TRUAAAAAAAAAAAMPE

question mark?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Remember how a week ago we thought we were in the worst timeline?

Guys, I think we might be in the best timeline.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trump Megathread: It's 11:20 PM and I literally can't stop refreshing Twitter

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

If only Trump would preemptively poison his followers against the Republican establishment by suggesting they might try to rig the election and that they're in league with Clinton, we'd be fully off the goddamn rails. :pray:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

miss me yet

jesus no, Ted Cruz is just as bad as Trump, actually even Trump is better than him cmon

can we just like

forget about Ted Cruz for 4 years?

I'm seriously trying to repress violent urges here

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

Remember how a week ago we thought we were in the worst timeline?

Guys, I think we might be in the best timeline.
Really, what I've learned from this election is that hubris is a dangerous thing, and it can always get worse (for Trump).

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

jesus no, Ted Cruz is just as bad as Trump, actually even Trump is better than him cmon

can we just like

no, it is important that people never forget

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Sai posted:

I bet this is the part that mgade reince flip his poo poo:

TRUMP: Anti-certain candidate PACs.

RUCKER: You mean Clinton, or elsewhere?

TRUMP: I’m not saying against her, but I’m gonna do anti-, I’ll be active in politics through PACs at a later date.

RUCKER: Like during this election year, or?

TRUMP: No.

RUCKER: Or in the future?

TRUMP: For future elections.

RUCKER: Oh. So if there’s a candidate you don’t like who’s running, you would fund a PAC to hurt them?

TRUMP: Republican or Democrat.

RUCKER: Really?

TRUMP: Yeah. That I’ll do.

RUCKER: Would you do that against Cruz, if he runs again?

TRUMP: Maybe.

RUCKER: He seems to want to run again.

TRUMP: Maybe against Kasich.

Lmfao if Trump doesn't finish the GOP off this cycle, he's gonna keep trying to curb stomp it.

There must be a god in heaven, how else do we explain the past few days?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

ElrondHubbard posted:

If only Trump would preemptively poison his followers against the Republican establishment by suggesting they might try to rig the election and that they're in league with Clinton, we'd be fully off the goddamn rails. :pray:

the second a serious move against him happens, he'll probably do exactly this.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Look, he hasn't even started in on her, okay? It'll be a knockout, I promise

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"I've crossed the Rubicon. The die is cast." - Gaivs Magnvs Donaldicvs Trvmpvs

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Thump! posted:

Like an ugly, racist, shitfucking Phoenix.

Most Dems don't vote in off elections. Those of us that do vote D for national tickets to fund our industries and actually get the cuts and grand bargains promised on social spending, plus we get socially liberal and professional class/business friendly judges. Then we vote for R in locally to make sure our money doesn't migrate out to rural areas in our states and to keep local taxes that aren't funneled back into our pockets low.

This isn't hard. It's about MONEY.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

"I've crossed the Rubicon. The die is cast." - Gaivs Magnvs Donaldicvs Trvmpvs

*stabs self 27 times while GOP and Liberatores watch in horror*

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

JHomer722 posted:

bruh, he has stayed planning this moment for months

That's the thing, it's not. If you read the interview he actually blows off the 'didn't endorse Ryan yet' thing at first, only to circle back to it unprompted

quote:

TRUMP: You want me to give you an exact quote on the Paul Ryan? You were asking.

RUCKER: Yeah, please do.

TRUMP: Okay, you’re asking me if I’m supporting Paul Ryan?

RUCKER: Yeah, if you’re supporting Paul Ryan.

TRUMP: I’m not quite there yet.

RUCKER: And why is that?

TRUMP: Just not quite there yet.

"I'm not quite there yet" were Paul Ryan's exact words when asked by Jake Tapper in May if he endorsed Trump. It's obvious Trump remembered the line during the interview and couldn't resist the urge to own Ryan as revenge.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Schnorkles posted:

What the gently caress do the republicans actually think they're going to accomplish.

They probably thought they had the country by the balls after the earmarks moratorium, Citizens United, and the Shelby decision. They'd gotten a greenlight on shitloads of outside oil baron money rolling in, they'd gotten the greenlight on voter suppression, and they'd severed the main route by which consensus is built in the legislature.

The problem is that now they can't unring the earmarks bell and so their party is more than willing to rip each other's throats out in order to be The Most Conservative in front of a camera. They can't unring the CU bell so now the RNC can't put anywhere near enough of their thumb on the scale to swing elections toward moderates and instead you get crazed nutjobs whose campaigns they can't just abort by pulling party support. They can't unring the Shelby bell so now you've got civil rights groups falling all over themselves to sue their asses for passing Actual Jim Crow poo poo, and managing to get swathes of those state laws struck the gently caress down in the process.

Every single loving dark bargain they made with the furnacekeeper of hell itself in the past 40 years is being called in this year and they're utterly powerless to stop the super-sized train of poo poo from rolling over them. Fundamentalists are fighting against the corporatists, tea partiers are trying to glam-con their way into "leading figure" status by stabbing all the backs within reach, states are just swinging for the fences on discriminatory laws and getting not only their laws struck but similar laws in other states struck too. All the while, as the GOP turns in on itself like a bag full of wolverines getting thrown in the river, Obama sits perched in his bully pulpit becoming more and more liked every day because of how lovely the other guys are. Before Trump, there was Palin and before Palin there was Coulter, before Coulter there was Rush, before Rush there was Reagan, before Reagan there was Goldwater and before Goldwater today's GOP was just a twinkle in the eye of people like Charles Lindbergh.

Drink this election in and savor it not like a fine wine but instead like a cheap Moscato. Enjoy it not because of the quality or any melange of flavors but because it is sweet and fizzy and cheap. The GOP won't loving learn from this because it cannot learn, it destroyed the parts of itself capable of learning. They doubled down on racism and bigotry after losing twice to a black guy and then chased off the people suggesting they stop being shitfucks to women and minorities. They responded to losing the LGBTQ marriage war by attacking transpeople and then lashing out at multinational companies that turned their backs on places like North Carolina. They are devolving so fast they couldn't even get a prior presidential nominee to appear at the convention let alone a prior president so they had to make due with the pyramid scam lady who spoke like she skipped class speech days in elementary school.

The GOP is a mess.

The GOP is a waste.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
How do you get a group of posters in a single column in tweetdeck?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

can we just like

four years from now, this is going to be the new reality

hard to believe it can actually bottom out more than it already has

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
UHHHH THIS IS FINE! EVERYTHING IS OKAY

https://twitter.com/JasonMillerinDC/status/760654011821387777/photo/1

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So is Trump's growing incoherence something that'll be seen in someone increasing dependence on uppers?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

or all of our livers will give out and we'll be dead from alcohol poisoning

both seem pretty plausible

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/760683576195215360

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

FAUXTON posted:

They probably thought they had the country by the balls after the earmarks moratorium, Citizens United, and the Shelby decision. They'd gotten a greenlight on shitloads of outside oil baron money rolling in, they'd gotten the greenlight on voter suppression, and they'd severed the main route by which consensus is built in the legislature.

The problem is that now they can't unring the earmarks bell and so their party is more than willing to rip each other's throats out in order to be The Most Conservative in front of a camera. They can't unring the CU bell so now the RNC can't put anywhere near enough of their thumb on the scale to swing elections toward moderates and instead you get crazed nutjobs whose campaigns they can't just abort by pulling party support. They can't unring the Shelby bell so now you've got civil rights groups falling all over themselves to sue their asses for passing Actual Jim Crow poo poo, and managing to get swathes of those state laws struck the gently caress down in the process.

Every single loving dark bargain they made with the furnacekeeper of hell itself in the past 40 years is being called in this year and they're utterly powerless to stop the super-sized train of poo poo from rolling over them. Fundamentalists are fighting against the corporatists, tea partiers are trying to glam-con their way into "leading figure" status by stabbing all the backs within reach, states are just swinging for the fences on discriminatory laws and getting not only their laws struck but similar laws in other states struck too. All the while, as the GOP turns in on itself like a bag full of wolverines getting thrown in the river, Obama sits perched in his bully pulpit becoming more and more liked every day because of how lovely the other guys are. Before Trump, there was Palin and before Palin there was Coulter, before Coulter there was Rush, before Rush there was Reagan, before Reagan there was Goldwater and before Goldwater today's GOP was just a twinkle in the eye of people like Charles Lindbergh.

Drink this election in and savor it not like a fine wine but instead like a cheap Moscato. Enjoy it not because of the quality or any melange of flavors but because it is sweet and fizzy and cheap. The GOP won't loving learn from this because it cannot learn, it destroyed the parts of itself capable of learning. They doubled down on racism and bigotry after losing twice to a black guy and then chased off the people suggesting they stop being shitfucks to women and minorities. They responded to losing the LGBTQ marriage war by attacking transpeople and then lashing out at multinational companies that turned their backs on places like North Carolina. They are devolving so fast they couldn't even get a prior presidential nominee to appear at the convention let alone a prior president so they had to make due with the pyramid scam lady who spoke like she skipped class speech days in elementary school.

The GOP is a mess.

The GOP is a waste.

This is a good post.

But actually doing anything about the GOP's hold on states and reps is going to take years of incredibly hard work and serious demographic change. The beast will thrash for a loonnngg time.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

republicans dumping trump is by far their worst option now because half their base will hate them and refuse to vote for them down ticket if they do

there is no escape from the trumpening

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

But...Obama won the popular as well, by like 6 million votes :confused:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

evilweasel posted:

republicans dumping trump is by far their worst option now because half their base will hate them and refuse to vote for them down ticket if they do

what's great is Obama literally made them have to double down by taking the moral high ground :smugbert:

they're seriously hosed

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

FAUXTON posted:

The GOP is a mess.

The GOP is a waste.

This is my favorite post on SA ever.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Thump! posted:

*stabs self 27 times while GOP and Liberatores watch in horror*

lmbo

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

But...Obama won the popular as well, by like 6 million votes :confused:

You forget that Trump only reads psychotic conservative news sites. The running tally on the front page of Drudge Report had Romney ahead in the popular vote until well past midnight, if I remember correctly.

e: oh my god, Trump is right, it IS a conspiracy!

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/760684421011894272

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Lastgirl posted:

what's great is Obama literally made them have to double down by taking the moral high ground :smugbert:

they're seriously hosed

he might have taken the troll crown back from reid

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

How do you get a group of posters in a single column in tweetdeck?

Click somebody's username to bring up the profile dialog, click the head & torso dropdown left of the Follow button, click "Add or Remove from lists", create a new list or add them to an existing list.

Then, click your profile icon in the lower left, click on the Lists button, select the list you created, click the Add Column button.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

evilweasel posted:

i want trump to run 3rd party and for his deluded followers to also run for office under the trump party

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Thump! posted:

There must be a god in heaven, how else do we explain the past few days?

He's been asleep at the wheel for a couple decades, but Rev Barber's speech at the DNC woke him up

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i want trump to run 3rd party and for his deluded followers to also run for office under the trump party

The MAGA party, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

pseudorandom name posted:

Click somebody's username to bring up the profile dialog, click the head & torso dropdown left of the Follow button, click "Add or Remove from lists", create a new list or add them to an existing list.

Then, click your profile icon in the lower left, click on the Lists button, select the list you created, click the Add Column button.

tyvm

Time to fix me feed tomorrow

• Locked thread