Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

eli5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You get 2 gifts of exploration each time you do world completion, basically doing all hearts/vistas/poi's in the original world. He has done it 30 times, he is a crazy person.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Oh my. Why would you ever do such a thing to yourself!?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when you had to do WvW for 100%

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Alteisen posted:

Remember when you had to do WvW for 100%

When I finally finished doing that, they changed it!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

lucifirius posted:

Oh my. Why would you ever do such a thing to yourself!?

A legendary uses one to make it, so depending on how many they made they could have done even more completions than that.

shurnarkabtishutu
Jun 20, 2016

Illuyankas posted:

A legendary uses one to make it, so depending on how many they made they could have done even more completions than that.

so what happens when you decide to make more than 2 legendaries? do you have to make an alt account and do 100% completion again?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Exploration is per character, not account.

shurnarkabtishutu
Jun 20, 2016

Truga posted:

Exploration is per character, not account.

oops what i meant is alt character. so do i need to make alt characters and get 100% exploration if i want to make more than 2 legendaries?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

shurnarkabtishutu posted:

oops what i meant is alt character. so do i need to make alt characters and get 100% exploration if i want to make more than 2 legendaries?

Yeah, but if it makes you feel any better the 100% exploration gift is one of the easiest parts of getting a legendary weapon! :suicide101:

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

Has anyone in the history of Guild Wars made more than two legendaries? I can't even imagine

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure there's people that have all of them. There were people running around with a legendary weapon a month after game released. The game is several years old now.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I don't even know anyone in game with less than 3-4 or so legendaries, most of them have far more. A friend of mine decided to make Astralaria on a whim the other day, and 24 hours after the decision she had completed it.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Zero legendary-playing-since-prelaunch poor checking in. Get on my level and or make new friends :colbert:

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
I don't own a legendary nor feel the need to own one.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

WhiteHumanFemale.jpg

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
I have Medium & Heavy Ascended sets; I don't have a legendary because I don't like any of them enough to bother.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Guest2553 posted:

Zero legendary-playing-since-prelaunch poor checking in. Get on my level and or make new friends :colbert:

Dont worry, I got my firs legendary a couple of weeks ago. Prelaunch as well.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I probably could've afforded a legendary by now if I stuck to one character, but alongside with my main I have a fair number of alts who also need stuff like armor & nice hairstyles. Played since pre-launch, haven't had any precursor drops.

I actually have some of the things ready, like Gift of Mastery and 77 clovers. Stuff like 250 T6 mats or 500 deadly blooms or ancient wood planks won't probably happen any time soon. The precursor quest looks quite an expensive ordeal as well.

But it'll be a nice long (really long in my case) term project, I guess.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

As I predicted, I am completely unable to decide on a race for my Druid. I think I made like three different humans, a norn, and a sylvari last night and deleted all of them.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Oh god, Mesmer Asura is an evil genius.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
I have two precursors, one of which I've had for nearly three years. I amassed all of the requisite components ages ago, spending a considerable amount of time and money in the process. Then I stalled, because it turns out that one of the components for any legendary is a large amount of "don't suck." Sadly, I suck big time - so I've never managed to collect anywhere near enough dungeon tokens to complete the task.

The precursors I have are for The Predator and Kudzu, requiring several complete runs of Crucible of Eternity and Twilight Arbor respectively. Since launch, I've managed to complete one run of each, both with incredibly disorganised and irritable PUGs.

I've just seen on the wiki that there's such a thing as WvW reward tracks, so it looks like there's been an alternative all along. Then again, I've not done anything in wubwub since it stopped being a requirement for world completion 😁

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I uh... what? Dungeon tokens are one of the easiest parts of getting a legendary, try asking goons???

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, lots of goons like running dungeons. I doubt you'd have trouble getting enough runs in to get your tokens.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

snograt posted:

I have two precursors, one of which I've had for nearly three years. I amassed all of the requisite components ages ago, spending a considerable amount of time and money in the process. Then I stalled, because it turns out that one of the components for any legendary is a large amount of "don't suck." Sadly, I suck big time - so I've never managed to collect anywhere near enough dungeon tokens to complete the task.

The precursors I have are for The Predator and Kudzu, requiring several complete runs of Crucible of Eternity and Twilight Arbor respectively. Since launch, I've managed to complete one run of each, both with incredibly disorganised and irritable PUGs.

I've just seen on the wiki that there's such a thing as WvW reward tracks, so it looks like there's been an alternative all along. Then again, I've not done anything in wubwub since it stopped being a requirement for world completion 😁

You can get the tokens in literally any game mode, including sPvP and WvW. If you don't want to do PvE, don't want to do wvW, don't want to do PvP, what loving wonder is it that you don't have end-game rewards that most people never get?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I should probably rejoin the goon guilds today after being kicked out for inactivity, but that would require me to read the OP. Hm.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Harrow posted:

I should probably rejoin the goon guilds today after being kicked out for inactivity, but that would require me to read the OP. Hm.

you can sign up here http://www.starfleetdental.com/GW2/Forums/

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If it was anything else I would've been disappointed.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hello old friend

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

CLAM DOWN posted:

Hello old friend

Hey arus, psst, how many pass did you buy? Because I got this one gifted to me.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mine was a gift too.

From me to me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Has anyone here done the collections for the vanilla legendary precursors? I'm thinking maybe I might finally make a run to make Bolt or Sunrise one of these days. I remember back when the collections first came out it seemed like they weren't much cheaper than just buying the precursor on the TP, but it looks like prices might've dropped some.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Tier 2 should still be the biggest money and time sink, try looking at gw2efficiency to get an estimate in price at least!

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Harrow posted:

Has anyone here done the collections for the vanilla legendary precursors? I'm thinking maybe I might finally make a run to make Bolt or Sunrise one of these days. I remember back when the collections first came out it seemed like they weren't much cheaper than just buying the precursor on the TP, but it looks like prices might've dropped some.

I'm working on Bolt I right now. It's pretty easy if you look it up. Only one I have left to do is the one and only one that requires a fractal completion.

As far as I can tell, Bolt II is the one that would be expensive. A quick estimate puts the cost of Bolt II at about 440g. Zap currently lists for between 850g and 950g.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well, that part, at least, is almost within my budget already, so that's encouraging. (Obviously the rest of the legendary crafting is going to take a lot more gold than that but, hey, it's a start.)

Cool, might as well give it a try. And thanks for the pointer to gw2efficiency, I keep forgetting that site exists.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

DonVincenzo posted:

Hey arus, psst, how many pass did you buy? Because I got this one gifted to me.

Thanks for reminding me to buy one.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Just don't forget that collections can generally be annoying for whatever reasons and doing all of those collections is solely for the precursor part of making a legendary. Honestly these days I think I would prefer to simply save up the gold for most precursors but I suppose it really depends on which legendary you're working on.

Bolt would definitely be one of the most expensive ones due to swords being such a common weapon for nearly every profession. If you ever work on a low to mid-priced precursor for a legendary though I would highly recommend skipping the collections unless you're really that bored or obsessed with doing them.

I know this sounds really obvious but if you need gold, remember that dailies give you 2g a day, dungeon paths give 5g for every 8 unique paths (repeatable) and fractals pay pretty well, especially at higher levels or farming the molten boss fractal. Don't buy gems with gold and refrain from buying poo poo off the TP and your gold will build up fairly quick these days. Also harvest any/all nodes you spot no matter how tiresome it gets because it does eventually pay off.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

It'll pay off as soooooon as I get more than 250 of everything!!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lonk posted:

I know this sounds really obvious but if you need gold, remember that dailies give you 2g a day, dungeon paths give 5g for every 8 unique paths (repeatable) and fractals pay pretty well, especially at higher levels or farming the molten boss fractal. Don't buy gems with gold and refrain from buying poo poo off the TP and your gold will build up fairly quick these days. Also harvest any/all nodes you spot no matter how tiresome it gets because it does eventually pay off.

Yeah, this helps. I'm sitting on like 350g right now and I just remembered I have some old Black Lion weapon skins that I was holding onto in case they ever went up in price that I should check in on. Pretty sure they won't actually go up in price anymore (it looks like BL skins never really go out of circulation anymore) so I should probably just dump them before they drop further.

I actually never really got into fractals much when I played before, so if goons run them pretty frequently (I would assume they do), then I should probably jump in on some of those. How far can you go in fractals without agony resist these days, now that all the fractal levels have changed?

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Harrow posted:

Yeah, this helps. I'm sitting on like 350g right now and I just remembered I have some old Black Lion weapon skins that I was holding onto in case they ever went up in price that I should check in on. Pretty sure they won't actually go up in price anymore (it looks like BL skins never really go out of circulation anymore) so I should probably just dump them before they drop further.

I actually never really got into fractals much when I played before, so if goons run them pretty frequently (I would assume they do), then I should probably jump in on some of those. How far can you go in fractals without agony resist these days, now that all the fractal levels have changed?

I think 25 is the first level with Agony now. Quick-guide to Agony:

First, starter Agony facts
-All Ascended gear (except Amulets) comes with 1 slot you can shove an Agony Infusion into
-Backpacks and Rings can be Infused, giving them an extra slot
-Rings can be Attuned, given them an extra slot (Rings can be both Infused and Attuned for 3 slots)
-You'll want 150 AR eventually for Mai Trin 100
-You have 18 Agony slots with Full Ascended if you Infuse backpack and Infuse+Attune rings

With all that in mind, the cheapest setup available for 150 AR on full Ascended is 6 +9 Infusions and 12 +8 Infusions. Full Ascended is kind of a pain to get though, and a good starter baseline is to get your Ascended Backpack, Rings, Accessories, and Weapons and shove 6 +9s into your Rings and +8s everywhere else. You'll have 102 Agony Resist, and can get another +15 with the Agony Resist potion, which will get you to 117, which is enough to do T3s and a third of the available T4s. If you do T3s every day and the T4s when you can, you'll be rolling in gold and Ascended gear in no time.

If you need Shards of Crystallized Mists Essence for Infusing things, farm the start of Volcanic 82 (you have to mow down a bunch of Grawl), restarting the fractal right after the opening fight with the swarm of Grawl is done. You don't need any Agony Resist for it, and if you ask in guild chat then Goons will open up an instance of it for you. It takes roughly 5 Shards to Infuse 2 rings if you break down Shards into Globs and Globs into Vials as appropriate.

E: If you need people to run lowbie fractals with you (this applies to everyone!) then ask in guild chat. For the experienced fractalers, if someone asks in guild chat for help with baby fractals, GO HELP THEM! The more people we have around who can run T3s and T4s the easier it is to get goon groups going for them, and goon groups >>> pubbies because goons (generally) listen when you explain boss mechanics.

Magres fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 3, 2016

• Locked thread