Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

The one-man Bayonetta FF mix got a call from Epic Games and Square Enix. Should be interesting.

The what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Andrast posted:

The what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5El-yYNUwU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

DumbparameciuM posted:

And a pleasant one.

Yeah, they are too tired to get into any dumb arguments :v:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I did like how 25% of the podcast was them making GBS threads on the Arcadea crew.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

and that's about it

not ~GOTY BEST TWIST

GOTY is a myth.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Noted good series with extremely good writing that is no way bad SAO is getting a live action TV show.
Glop glop glop goes American TV. Thanks USA.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Great, now even the 'Inside' Playthrough has become about JoJo.

Nothing can escape.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

post-SO Jojo hot takes

4>6>7>2>1>3>5
Pucci>Kira>Dio>Funny>Kars>DIO>Diavolo
Joseph>Josuke>Jolyne>Jonathan>Johnny>Jotaro>Giorno

e: Stone Ocean loving ruled although while Emporio's last move is cool it's KIND OF LAME that the one lady Jojo doesn't get to beat her villain

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rodyle posted:

post-SO Jojo hot takes

4>6>7>2>1>3>5
Pucci>Kira>Dio>Funny>Kars>DIO>Diavolo
Joseph>Josuke>Jolyne>Jonathan>Johnny>Jotaro>Giorno

e: Stone Ocean loving ruled although while Emporio's last move is cool it's KIND OF LAME that the one lady Jojo doesn't get to beat her villain

It's great. Now it's time for you to witness the infinite tact of Norisuke IV in Jojolion.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Finished Pt. 5 of Inside.

WHAT THE gently caress?!?!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, that's how most react to that. With "that" being most of the episode really.

EDIT: Now that he's been repeatedly shamed with "YOU'RE JAPANEEEESE", I see Woolie has switched his tune to "This translation's weird man!"

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 3, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ah, woolie's lovely gundam opinions: the fisticuffs

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My favorite part was Pat trying to get Woolie to explain to him how Judau gets paid using the ZZ and Woolie can't answer him and just keeps calling ZZ stupid and saying it's not worth explaining, it's the most Woolie thing.

HGH posted:

EDIT: Now that he's been repeatedly shamed with "YOU'RE JAPANEEEESE", I see Woolie has switched his tune to "This translation's weird man!"

Lol, it's Atlus' best localization job ever, he's such a coward in admitting he's just wrong.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 3, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
HAHAHAHAHA I wish I could have seen Woolie's face when Pat replied to his mentioning Kamille in ZZ with exactly what happens at the end of Zeta

The perils of being popular + social media, you can never enjoy anything without some idiot spoiling it for you

edit: I love that Matt quoted this amazing spider-man panel

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Aug 3, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie would fit right in something awful way bettet tha matt. Never back down, double down on being wrong and call others fuckers.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Tae posted:

Woolie would fit right in something awful way bettet tha matt. Never back down, double down on being wrong and call others fuckers.

this gets you totally mercurial probates with no actual description fyi

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: I love that Matt quoted this amazing spider-man panel

That's not amazing spider-man, that's spider-man and the x-men.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I forgot there was a comic literally called "amazing spider-man", I was just saying the panel is amazing

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

lol I forgot there was a comic literally called "amazing spider-man", I was just saying the panel is amazing

:thejoke:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A bad one then

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Diesel Part 7 looking good.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
So what caused the JoJo resurgence? I know that SBFP has always been fans but it just seems so much more prominent now. It's not just them, either, as the fanart thread in PYF is full of the stuff.

As someone who isn't a JoJo fan I just kind of blank out/scroll past whenever it comes up. I don't actively dislike it, but man is it getting old quick.

Also before it's suggested, I just have zero interest in picking it up. I'm sure it's good but I don't have the time or drive for it right now.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It's just the anime making it mainstream.

I pity your Jojo-less existence.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The anime started back up, so there's a new episode to keep people's interest every week.

The anime itself being at one of the most popular parts probably helps.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The anime made it mainstream, that is literally it.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Okay, that all makes more sense. To me it's like if ROBOTECH (that's right I said it) came back in full force and suddenly we were seeing art of Steven Universe characters piloting Valkyries everywhere.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I pity your Jojo-less existence.

I think I'll be fine.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think I prefer taking in jojo in snippets and single pages or parody fanart in the style of jojo or fotn

I could see getting sick of that art style really fast since I'd probably only read the manga

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I think I prefer taking in jojo in snippets and single pages or parody fanart in the style of jojo or fotn

I could see getting sick of that art style really fast since I'd probably only read the manga

The art style changes a lot over time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

HoboTech posted:

Okay, that all makes more sense. To me it's like if ROBOTECH (that's right I said it) came back in full force and suddenly we were seeing art of Steven Universe characters piloting Valkyries everywhere.

I think I'll be fine.

I mean, there is a new macross currently airing

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

Finished Pt. 5 of Inside.

WHAT THE gently caress?!?!

I thought they should have cut it right when being sucked up through the door, not shown what's inside until the final video, cuts some of the impact doing it this way I think. Now of course due to the lovely upload cycle we have 2-3 days to wait for the finale.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

It is kinda hard to get sick of Jojo's art style because it changes every part, Araki is the rare manga artist that starts...drawing better???

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Tae posted:

I mean, there is a new macross currently airing

That's cool to hear, but I'm not being inundated by it 24/7.

Indecisive posted:

I thought they should have cut it right when being sucked up through the door, not shown what's inside until the final video, cuts some of the impact doing it this way I think. Now of course due to the lovely upload cycle we have 2-3 days to wait for the finale.

I do think it was neat when that part ended right after Matt says "You're inside".

Whether the title drop was intentional or not, it was well timed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Andrast posted:

The art style changes a lot over time.

Is there one of these art-over-the-years style images for jojo to compare them, similar to this one piece one I have? maybe a bit more than a face cutout but you get what I mean

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Is there one of these art-over-the-years style images for jojo to compare them, similar to this one piece one I have? maybe a bit more than a face cutout but you get what I mean

Google gave me these

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Sorta kinda spoilers for character designs, but there you go.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Dang, I was just about to post that

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

HoboTech posted:

That's cool to hear, but I'm not being inundated by it 24/7.

Thanks Harmony Gold! :negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

Google gave me these

Mid DIU is my fave.

Anyway, I remember seeing someone calling Woolie a scrub for thinking there's only the one combo in Eyes of Heaven. Is there actually a combo list or is that just fuckery?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Mid DIU is my fave.

Anyway, I remember seeing someone calling Woolie a scrub for thinking there's only the one combo in Eyes of Heaven. Is there actually a combo list or is that just fuckery?

I don't know if you'd call it combo lists but it's kinda like dynasty warriors where you have one long Square string and you can end it anytime with Triangle and you'll get different Triangle moves based on what part of the string you're in. And then you also have two cancels (the two glowing things under your health) to cancel at any point mid combo to start over, or if you're just doing Square attacks you can just dash around an opponent and reset the combo without stopping to attack.

And then of course all the unique powers you have listed on the top left can be interspersed throughout. You also have stamina so you can't just stay in a combo all day either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Andrast posted:

Google gave me these

Gotcha, seems like the majority of stuff people post are of the Phantom Blood-Stardust Crusaders style. Are there any good scans of it, I keep hearing tales of "duwang" scans, the fabled worst scans ever, and if that's the only option besides buying them(I never buy a series blind, only after I've read it) then I'll probably pass for now

I just keep thinking of the Bisoromi Bear(Bartholomew Kuma) and Lofulamingo-Sama(Doflaminga) and Masuru De Hochecha(Marshall D. Teach)-levels of One Piece scans back in the day and it makes me shudder to ever try reading that type of scanlation again