Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
As you wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

VioletCorsica posted:

I don't know anything about reddit. How can 0 points be 23%? What?

I think some boards won't let the points count drop below 0 (to protect people's feelings I guess?).

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
It's somehow become an unexpected relief to have someone discourage the guy from being a furry creep.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

2 good posts.

Also yes please more incel, these guys are amazing.

See also http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-683445.html

Have a teaser of this classic :

I have thought incel meant "intentionally celibate" until reading this right now. Apparently it means "involuntarily celibate."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

VioletCorsica posted:

I have thought incel meant "intentionally celibate" until reading this right now. Apparently it means "involuntarily celibate."

They think it means the first one. It doesn't.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish there was still an AUG thread because I have the perfect video(s) to post. I mean, how else would you get comments like these?

Question Mark Mound posted:

It's somehow become an unexpected relief to have someone discourage the guy from being a furry creep.

Maybe he'll turn out okay given time and someone to guide him. :unsmith:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VioletCorsica posted:

Incel is literally "I am too unattractive to get laid, and it's society's fault instead of mine!" They just got enough people together to form a disgusting movement.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ularg posted:

Maybe he'll turn out okay given time and someone to guide him. :unsmith:

That would require him imagining the world from a perspective other than his own.

Like, the hot and sweaty small dude in the costume who is trying his damnedest to earn his $15/hour standing in the hot sun and trying to make energetic eye contact with and greet every kid who comes by without passing out from heatstroke

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Data Graham posted:

That would require him imagining the world from a perspective other than his own.

Like, the hot and sweaty small dude in the costume who is trying his damnedest to earn his $15/hour standing in the hot sun and trying to make energetic eye contact with and greet every kid who comes by without passing out from heatstroke

It's actually probably a girl in that costume. Most Disney cartoon characters get played by women because their small stature fits the costume better. Keep that in mind whenever you see a character get harassed or groped, even a male one.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea, living in Florida I do not envy those stuck inside of the costume during this heat. I'm such a baby I go from shaded spot to shaded spot when I walk my dogs. I couldn't imagine being in full costume.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yo is it weird that I told Goofy I wanted him to stuff himself into my mouth?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Yo is it weird that I told Goofy I wanted him to stuff himself into my mouth?

:yeah:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

"I get where you're coming from, but don't do it." is the answer to almost any question that begins with "Would it be creepy/weird if...". It's an important lesson to learn.

chitoryu12 posted:

Incel is literally "I am too unattractive to get laid, and it's society's fault instead of mine!"

It really is a bizarre line of reasoning that it's some grand conspiracy to keep "nice guys" from getting laid, when it's more that they're unlikable shitheads and don't realize it. What's sort of sad for me is that, if not for seeing these types of people getting made fun of on SA, I could've easily fallen into this trap. Being able to admit that you're a significant part of your own problem is hard for some people, and it's even harder when you have basically an infinite number of echo chambers to shout into and have your bad opinions confirmed.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Ularg posted:

[Would you like to know more?]

"If you're a healthy female of breeding age..."

Sounds like he's talking about livestock. Probably sort of the point though huh?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I see a certain 13 year old hasn't seen a naked woman yet!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Can't believe kids these days are loving nudes. Back in the day, we only hosed clothed, and we liked it, dag nabbit.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Stack Machine posted:

Speaking of Khizir Khan, here's some sad irony and casual racism I recently suffered through:

quote:

You desecrated your son’s memory by your words.

She did her heroic son a disservice by her silence. She should have uncovered her head and her heart to be the American mother you claim.

And if you have read our Constitution, how could you cover your soulmate in colorful submissive sheets and have the audacity to speak FOR her?

I find your outrage artificial. I find your party affiliation offensive. I find your wife’s silence atrocious and offensive. I find YOU a political FOOL. I find your son to have been your greatest accomplishment, and you, Sir, have dishonored him.

Your son WOULD NOT be proud of you.

What a loving piece of poo poo.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ok Fella posted:

I see a certain 13 year old hasn't seen a naked woman yet!

I swear I can't walk down the street without having to push through a crowd of teenagers violently twerking.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Didn't his mother stay silent because it hurt too much emotionally to speak about her son? That's a pretty loving reasonable and normal reason to stay silent.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

In a sane world goading her into talking would have been a huge self-own because she's been human and relatable and is a goddamn grieving mother but this is Trump we're talking about and if he was right about one thing its that he could do a murder and maintain his support among the lake of human sewage that maoe up his constituency.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

chitoryu12 posted:

It's actually probably a girl in that costume. Most Disney cartoon characters get played by women because their small stature fits the costume better. Keep that in mind whenever you see a character get harassed or groped, even a male one.

Yeah, I know it. I just thought it'd be even more icing on the cake if instead of the guy solipsistically hitting on a girl who wishes she'd never heard the name Judy Hopps, he was solipsistically hitting on a dude who wishes he'd never heard the name Judy Hopps.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mr E posted:

Didn't his mother stay silent because it hurt too much emotionally to speak about her son? That's a pretty loving reasonable and normal reason to stay silent.

I listened to a radio show where they, no poo poo, tried to say that "Their son died years ago they shouldn't be grieving anymore!".

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Ularg posted:

I listened to a radio show where they, no poo poo, tried to say that "Their son died years ago they shouldn't be grieving anymore!".

Are these also people that still use 9/11 as an excuse for our actions in the Middle East? Because that was even longer ago and I think they should probably get over it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The brass balls it takes to tell off a family whose son is dead while hers is still alive must be visible from outer space. People can be terrible.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Well okay then

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Car guards ?!

Also yeah, that sure sounds like a catch.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Data Graham posted:

I swear I can't walk down the street without having to push through a crowd of teenagers violently twerking.

You joke, but I recently lost my mother to a twerking accident. She was walking down the street minding her own business when suddenly a teenager came along and twerked her out into the street into oncoming traffic.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

Car guards ?!

Parking attendants, I think.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

It's actually probably a girl in that costume. Most Disney cartoon characters get played by women because their small stature fits the costume better.

I'm pretty sure this is an urban legend.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

chitoryu12 posted:

Parking attendants, I think.

But then how would you be a fine judge of car guards.

Like the dude is the foremost parking attendant expert ?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I'm pretty sure this is an urban legend.

As someone who lives in Orlando and has worked theme parks, it's really not. Not only are characters like Mickey and Scrooge fairly short in general, they're sometimes looking out the mouths of costumes instead of the eyes. The costumes themselves are unisex but there are more 5'3 girls than 5'3 guys.

Average and tall men usually wear costumes like Goofy or Jack Skellington. Jack in particular needs a very tall actor.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Fathis Munk posted:

But then how would you be a fine judge of car guards.

Like the dude is the foremost parking attendant expert ?

Ah yes Steve, he has an excellent bouquet. Old Spice, hair gel, with just a hint of his roommates Axe body spray.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

On one hand they're nazi war criminals, but on the other hand they're old.
The saga continues.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Trump campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson claimed “It was under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton that changed the rules of engagements that probably cost (soldier Humayun Khan)'s life.” As Khan died in 2004, the internet has been mocking her relentlessly, with a few exceptions.

Sediments. Good times, good times.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

The saga continues.

drat are all those people responding goons? I've never seen literally used that much outside of these forums.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Ok Fella posted:

drat are all those people responding goons? I've never seen literally used that much outside of these forums.
/Pol/ alt-right guys, I think. I only know the OP, but everything he posts ends up crawling with those dudes.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:yikes: nvm

snoo has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ok Fella posted:

"If you're a healthy female of breeding age..."

Sounds like he's talking about livestock. Probably sort of the point though huh?

Is it me or do these weirdos remind me of the Ferengi from Star Trek? Right down to the use of "females".

Like when I read that I start imagining the guy talking with a mouthfull of teeth.