Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mierenneuker posted:

It might make you both... suicidal.

I'm not that worried. I see at least one movie a week, it's hard for it to be the worst thing I've seen this year. It's also the kind of movie where it's terribleness would be somewhat amusing, it's not like horror movies. I find horrible horror movies only entertaining when they're made on a shoestring budget, and those are not found in the movie theater.

In my experience, most decently budgeted lovely horror movies are nearly identical because they all just copy what the past movies did to seem "scary".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm going to Suicide Squad with my girlfriend tomorrow. Both of us are comic nerds and she's a giant Harley Quinn fan, so I'm concerned.

:sever:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7FicznnASk

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Harley got a lot better in the comics where she dropped the Joker and all the abusive relationship stuff.

What you really gotta be worried about are the girls who talk about how they want "a relationship like the Joker and Harley". That's terrifying.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I'm pretty sure I just watched someone die at 1:03 :stonk:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This will no doubt feature in here soon

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I never touch E/N but I am making a point of checking in once in a while from now on so I can see the inevitable "she's nuts and I had no idea" thread.

Keep driving. After all, you had no idea that bridge was so low, and there were no warnings at all :allears:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Jose posted:

I read about this suspended bus thing this morning and instantly thought "Wonder when that's gonna end up in the shadenfreude thread."

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Is it on tracks or does some one actually steer it?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Jippa posted:

Dunno, but I can't wait for the stories of big rear end trucks hitting the 11'8" TunnelBus

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Jippa posted:

It's on tracks. It's more an elevated tram than a bus.

Still going to kill someone in a hilarious but predictable way, though.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It looks like it's on tracks, in any case it's too long and rigid to turn at any normal intersection.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

10 Beers posted:

I read about this suspended bus thing this morning and instantly thought "Wonder when that's gonna end up in the shadenfreude thread."

Wasn't this posted in the osha thread just a few months ago and was still in the concept stage then? :psyduck:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Will the first death be a pedestrian, a cyclist, a passenger, or another vehicle. Place your bets.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Klaus Kinski posted:

Wasn't this posted in the osha thread just a few months ago and was still in the concept stage then? :psyduck:

China number one!

But seriously, if china can do one thing it's throwing enough bodies and money at a face gaining project to make it camera ready in record time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The reviews have been savaging it and goons who have seen advanced screenings have reported that the jokes all fall flat

Well now you're just giving conflicting answers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jose posted:

It looks like it's riding on big fat wheels with surprisingly shallow rims. A good smack by, say a truck, could knock one side of the bus out of the guide rails and send it on a magical loving journey.

Sideways.

At 100kph.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Another schadenfreude-waiting-to-happen project:

Norway is planning submerged tunnels.

Yup, can't wait to drive through these scandinavian deathtraps.
I mean, what could possibly go wrong, even without ISIS being around?
Just look at the last image and let your imagination run wild.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Wheany posted:

https://www.change.org/p/rottentomatoes-com-shutdown-rotten-tomatoes

:qq: Stop aggregating reviews that say DC super hero films are bad

DC needs to make a new comic book about a superhero named ABDULLAH COLDWATER

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

mcbexx posted:

In the last pic they even show the impending disaster of the cruise ship hitting the tunnels and killing everyone inside.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Finally in the future we will all be able to die in the terrifying ways we've had nightmares about but could never fully realize.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We have lots of underwater tunnels around here but they are all on the sea bad safely below ship traffic. That illustration is terrifying.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Mak0rz posted:

Doesn't Johnny Knoxville or Steve-O or someone have a permanent catheter or whatever because their urethra collapsed from so much dick trauma?

This post...! it was made for me!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

quote:

dumb elevated tram thing

I miss the days when I could, at a glance, tell the difference between a concept render of something that had no chance of seeing the light of day because it was so goddamn stupid and a photo of a dumb idiot thing that actually exists and will definitely kill people

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mcbexx posted:

Has there ever been a case of an underwater tunnel collapsing and killing everyone inside? That was always my fear when driving through them.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
How is this different from underwater tunnels for cars and trains that already exist?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

All the water will get inside that quarter pipe sized hole

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I'm the door that opens into the ocean.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

zakharov posted:

How is this different from underwater tunnels for cars and trains that already exist?

Unlike other underwater tunnels, this one floats instead of sitting on the ground, and if a big rear end ship hits one of the floaty things holding it up, the tunnel probably gets hosed.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

zakharov posted:

Presumably those tunnels aren't surrounded by water.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

chitoryu12 posted:

Has there ever been a case of an underwater tunnel collapsing and killing everyone inside? That was always my fear when driving through them.

No, just fires.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

canyoneer posted:

All the water will get inside that quarter pipe sized hole

The tunnel is under high air pressure, dummy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm the door that opens into the ocean.

Historically these things need fire exists.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

zakharov posted:

Depth. The Lincoln tunnel goes to 97 feet deep, plenty of room for a cruise ship to pass over it without damaging the tunnel. In those renders that tunnel looks at most 15-20 feet deep. Royal Caribbean's biggest cruise ship is 30 feet deep below the water line. Considering the render show a loving cruise ship lane crossing the tunnel, that's kind of a big deal.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

TriggerHappy posted:

Depth. The Lincoln tunnel goes to 97 feet deep, plenty of room for a cruise ship to pass over it without damaging the tunnel. In those renders that tunnel looks at most 15-20 feet deep. Royal Caribbean's biggest cruise ship is 30 feet deep below the water line. Considering the render show a loving cruise ship lane crossing the tunnel, that's kind of a big deal.

You really think they would not have thought about this?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

You really think they would not have thought about this?

I mean, it's a floating tunnel so

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Phanatic posted:

No, just fires.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salang_Tunnel_fire
:supaburn:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Oh god what if they build the elevated bustram deathmobile and run it through that tunnel

I'm officially on-board with the colossally stupid floaty doom tunnel idea and the chinese murder machine. The DeathTube needs to become a reality.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Oh god what if they build the elevated bustram deathmobile and run it through that tunnel

I'm officially on-board with the colossally stupid floaty doom tunnel idea and the chinese murder machine. The DeathTube needs to become a reality.

I prefer this deathtube
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

The US can barely get HSR going, let alone maglev. The mistake was to not put it in a vacuum tube.