Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I need so many Gregories

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

So what is the best way to level up the SA of a Super Strike character? Dokkan a SA10 and a SA5?

Yeah that seems to be the best method. Get an SA10 and an SA 5 then dokkan both and combine them.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I finished at 50 wins, pretty sure I'm in the top 30k, unless I got bumped during the last 45 minutes of tournament

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Can we talk about the new JPN card? https://twitter.com/hatosama7/status/760667159232000000

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
No. We should never talk about that card.

It's probably for that new Fusions DS game, which I would LOVE to have in the states but somehow feel like we'll never get..

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I hope they add more of the weird what-if fusions as cards later on. Even if we don't get the 3DS game in the US it would be cool to get the characters in this.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I really don't know what to do with these 10 copies of this TEQ SSJ Goku. The consensus on reddit seems to be that the best thing to do is keep them to feed to LR SSJ Goku when he comes out, but that's a long time to keep 10 copies of the same guy.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I really don't know what to do with these 10 copies of this TEQ SSJ Goku. The consensus on reddit seems to be that the best thing to do is keep them to feed to LR SSJ Goku when he comes out, but that's a long time to keep 10 copies of the same guy.

I just said screw it and constructed a free SA 10 TEQ dude. I don't have a lot of decent TEQ UR's as is, so he will hit hard enough.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I want the :effort: Gorus card.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I was considering feeding them to my AGL SSJ Goku before I dokkan him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Edit: Nevermind, was thinking of a totally different card..

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 3, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anyone have any ideas for super strike teams for Vegeta?

I'm thinking about leaning on Supreme Power. Vegito/Majin Vegeta/Hercule/Nail/Skinny Gotenks/Strike Piccolo. Cell seems like he'd force some really awkward, fragile team composition.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I saw someone post a team idea where you have a low powered team plus a Gogeta friend. Not sure if that would work though.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

My initial idea was a mostly DB Saga team with one or two heavy hitters, Mutaito and Bunny Bulma can prevent Vegeta from ever using a super with double ki+3 leaders plus the ki+2 DB link.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ChronoReverse posted:

I saw someone post a team idea where you have a low powered team plus a Gogeta friend. Not sure if that would work though.

I thought everyone was saying doing a double Gogeta team and Saibamen could clear it easily before. Was the hype all false?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Petiso posted:

My initial idea was a mostly DB Saga team with one or two heavy hitters, Mutaito and Bunny Bulma can prevent Vegeta from ever using a super with double ki+3 leaders plus the ki+2 DB link.

I was thinking this same thing. TEQ Turles, Bulma, Mutaito, Oolong, Jackie Chun, and a heavy hitter.. maybe Future Gohan, haven't decided. Might sub out Oolong for Jaco for stuns.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

I was thinking this same thing. TEQ Turles, Bulma, Mutaito, Oolong, Jackie Chun, and a heavy hitter.. maybe Future Gohan, haven't decided. Might sub out Oolong for Jaco for stuns.

The reddit guide for the event can be found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/guide/strike/supervegeta

They recommend some notable cards and teams within.

E: According to dbz.space I came in under 15k :D

https://dbz.space/tournaments/008

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 3, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I came in right around 7800, which is fine by me.

I'm still loving bitter about missing that INT SSJ Bardock by 300 spots.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Drowning Rabbit posted:

The reddit guide for the event can be found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/guide/strike/supervegeta

They recommend some notable cards and teams within.

E: According to dbz.space I came in under 15k :D

I'm glad the new Vegeta this event hands out is AGI, I don't actually have any AGI cards on my team at the moment because the best one I have is like an SR Zarbon that has bad stats and doesn't link with anyone. I used to use Angel Goku from that event as my AGI guy but he got Dokkaned into his Super Saiyan TEQ form. I don't think I've ever drawn a good AGI card. Speaking of drawing, when do the World Tournament rewards get sent out? I haven't gotten mine yet. Maybe it's because I was ranked around 140,000 and thus have to wait in a long line.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

TEQ SSGSS Goku, Mutatio, anniversary SSJ Goku (Limitless Strength), Bunny Bulma, TEQ Xeno Trunks, and TEQ Frieza (Final Form) = 100 points on the nose. Think that should do the trick.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Perfect Cell lead, Goten, Skinny Gotenks, Bunny Bulma, Mutaito, and 1st anniversary Goku. Should get me where I need to go, I think.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

TEQ SSGSS Goku, Mutatio, anniversary SSJ Goku (Limitless Strength), Bunny Bulma, TEQ Xeno Trunks, and TEQ Frieza (Final Form) = 100 points on the nose. Think that should do the trick.

Doesn't the friend card count?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My DB team is about 85 points, and isn't too bad. They may be able to do the job on the limited cost stages.
Leader: PHY Kami
PHY Yamcha
STR Launch
TEQ Bunny Bulma
INT Teen Bulma
AGL Tien

Between Kami and the Incredible Adventure link, they start with +4 ki, and a Gogeta buddy takes that to +7
Almost all of them have a passive buff that ups ATK (I think INT Bulma and Launch are the only two who don't), which is also why I took Yamcha over Anniversary Goku.

I took then through a few rounds of the WT, and they had a hard time hitting Supers, but, that's also in part because the Friend leader skill doesn't kick in during WT, so with Buddy Gogeta adding his skill to the mix, I should be able to hit Supers pretty consistently.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I fell below 75000 at the very last moment, gently caress everything.

I burnt Dragon Stones for nothing, yay.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Looks like I got around 6700. Overdid it a bit to stay under 10k but I'd rather be safe than sorry for the greater rewards of this tourney. Maybe I could have actually hit top 5k but I don't need another Elder Kai until I get a good enough unit to use them on.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Woo, ended up at 9900 :toot:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, they must have done a lot of bans for me to end up at 13706.

DB Saga seems like it might be a solid idea for a team. Sealing supers does sound like it'd help.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Petiso posted:

Doesn't the friend card count?

Oh poo poo, does it? I may have to reassess.. I can throw in Skinny Gotenks instead of Frieza if I have to.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is it super easy to just kill him with a Gogeta super? How much health do they have? :v:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Made it to 13215. I changed my team lead to Supreme Kai of Time just before I quit so now the rankings has Brollys and Gogetas surrounding TimeKai

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, apparently your friend's cost counts. Meaning Skinny Gotenks (at 6) is a great leader for this. Sounds like the target number is 88, so you can grab any 11 or 12 cost leader.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
How are you all able to get your WT ranking? I still show "Retrieving data"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

isme posted:

I think it's just a matter of "they get to you when they get to you", though they probably go in order.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

isme posted:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

isme posted:

You can search your player ID on https://dbz.space/tournaments/008.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Can anyone actually search using the player ID? I can't type in that box..

Also, I write my points down before bed and look at what #20,000's points are on DBZ Space.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

New Leaf posted:

Can anyone actually search using the player ID? I can't type in that box..

Also, I write my points down before bed and look at what #20,000's points are on DBZ Space.

It's your numerical ID

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Thanks for the tip via the website. So I turned out to be rank 10973, so close yet so far.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

the_steve posted:

I think it's just a matter of "they get to you when they get to you", though they probably go in order.

The news post also clearly states rewards won't go out until 22:00 pst tonight, sent out in sequential order.

I guess I'm just going to do training in the clouds tonight since Vegetas event isn't live yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Drew nuke leader Golden Frieza with the silver GSSR ticket (got my fifth from the compensation). Very very happy. My original account is actually getting pretty good now.