Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Defiant Sally posted:

Are golden cards that only play twice a day going to be better than reds that play 3? I have a golden Mu but have Dendi, Maybe, and Miracle as my cores already.

I think the points are still changing, I went from 680ish to 383. Thanks Ehome.

Bonnono posted:

Patch this morning fixed the fantasy points.

what the gently caress. sending an angry letter to my congressman as we speak.

(424 points now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Anyone have a formula for how fantasy points are calculated? I googled but I think I just got the old system.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Mainwaring posted:

Anyone have a formula for how fantasy points are calculated? I googled but I think I just got the old system.

Pretty sure they tell you everything you need to know under the 'More Info' tab to the left.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Mainwaring posted:

yeah thats in the client

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Here is a screen of it

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah i looked at the games being played today and there was a bunch and my eyes instantly rolled back into my head and i just put the only gold card i had in (fnatic better not suck) and a bunch of cool dudes i had silver cards for like dendi and notail

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
my new total is 320.21, which feels more right, because, again, i did have Chessie in my 5 (my top scorer ended up being a basic-rear end red Fenrir how messed up is that)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
For today, I prioritized the stars of the teams playing against Escape. If they get stomped in 15 mins over and over this may not pay off too well

Also, I don't think the same strat will necessarily pay off with EHOME, so going to re-examine tomorrow's picks

(I was out of town and missed doing wild card picks before that, so I have 0 points :shobon:)

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Group A has 3 series today, while Group B has only 2. Choose cards from teams in Group A for today.

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

What series do you guys think you'll watch, I think for the first set I'm going TNC - Alliance just for the loving clown fiesta that will inevitably devlolve into.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I'm an EG idiot so i'll be watching them all day. Second priority is OG

Secret and MVP/fnatic in the latter part of the day

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

always bet on jimmy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is there a list of who is casting what because that will be my tiebreaker probably

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Captain No-mates posted:

What series do you guys think you'll watch, I think for the first set I'm going TNC - Alliance just for the loving clown fiesta that will inevitably devlolve into.

Normally it's a combination of good teams and good casters but there doesn't seem to be a caster schedule out :(

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
4x Split screen, poo poo lords. Can't wait to watch 12 lanes simultaneously.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Goetta posted:

Is there a list of who is casting what because that will be my tiebreaker probably

No, you will have to check each stream and find out.

I usually pick one to watch and then use multitwitch on second monitor for the rest.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Will there be a TI Newbie stream? That's usually the best casting.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_newcomer

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
435.12 but I didn't check the schedule for today so my cards are probably not super optimal.

sheever was mentioning that she & shane were going to be casting one of the Team Secret games today so I am excited for that!!!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Radical posted:

always bet on jimmy

im betting on jimmy to be the next one out of the tournament

Majuju posted:

435.12 but I didn't check the schedule for today so my cards are probably not super optimal.

sheever was mentioning that she & shane were going to be casting one of the Team Secret games today so I am excited for that!!!

that sounds dope, gonna watch that

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I got a silver Miracle, you people don't stand a chance

*has bonuses for wards planted, runes grabbed, and kills*

Ok maybe not

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i have a loving hao with wards placed / camps stacked / runes grabbed

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

That or just switching on Korean casters

Putin It In Mah ASS
Nov 12, 2003

Omni-gel superlube is great stuff!
I had a bunch of silver ehome cards so I came out of yesterday with like 800pts, but I don't think I'll do as well today. Hopefully Mutumbaman can carry the day.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Putin It In Mah rear end posted:

I had a bunch of silver ehome cards so I came out of yesterday with like 800pts, but I don't think I'll do as well today. Hopefully Mutumbaman can carry the day.

more like 300 to 400, they patched the numbers today

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

According to twitter

LD + Maut for the 3 OG series
Tobi + Merlini for the 3 Wings series

Putin It In Mah ASS
Nov 12, 2003

Omni-gel superlube is great stuff!

botany posted:

more like 300 to 400, they patched the numbers today

Ah, OK, I last checked at like 9am CDT because I had to hurry and get in my picks for today's group stage. One nice thing about Valve doing everything at the last minute is they let you also do things at the very last minute!

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
"then I left and they shat the bed for three months" god drat Charlie and this panel are out for blood

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

I really appreciate all of the countries on the player profiles in the background being incorrect.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
PPD is the pride of Canada.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
When Charlie says that the EG squad really has a fire under their rear end, is it just because they all want to win TI, or because any of them could be kicked if their performance is seen as not optimal regardless of whether they win or lose?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bonnono posted:

According to twitter

LD + Maut for the 3 OG series

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :smith:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Geight posted:

When Charlie says that the EG squad really has a fire under their rear end, is it just because they all want to win TI, or because any of them could be kicked if their performance is seen as not optimal regardless of whether they win or lose?

if the latter were the case, it would dampen their motivation, not increase it

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Geight posted:

The only factor that affects EG roster changes is their relationship with PPD at this point

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if sumail loses mid ppd is gonna slit his fuckin throat

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
shut up charlie

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

shut up charlie

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
please just start sticking gold stars on each other's faces

e: EG going Io, how irregular

emdash fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 3, 2016

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
First pick IO for EG is slightly shocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I like how ogre magi is now first pick/ban material in this ti6 meta, at least from what i've seen.

All those durability buffs paying off.

• Locked thread