Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Big announcement from the makers of the Armored CoreMech Command RTS board game:

So yeah, you should probably bail out now.

Refund policy they have seems legit to me, so kind of hard to be mad at them imo.

That Super Powered Smash Masters game's price was absolutely stupid. Like I can't fathom how they think it was worth the amount of money they were asking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Mugaaz posted:

Refund policy they have seems legit to me, so kind of hard to be mad at them imo.

Yeah, as stupid as their decision was, its nice that they're saying "Hey, and if you don't like this, we are ready and willing to refund you, no questions asked"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

jivjov posted:

Yeah, as stupid as their decision was, its nice that they're saying "Hey, and if you don't like this, we are ready and willing to refund you, no questions asked"

It's not like they can stop people from pulling pledges from an in-progress Kickstarter anyway.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I'm a huge Armored Core fan, but holy poo poo am I glad I didn't try to back this. It was already weird enough looking at the gameplay snippets in the video (which looked like they'd devolve into 'I got you!' 'Nuh uh I got you!' BS in a hurry out in the wild, but who knows), but this just speaks volumes towards inexperience and general lack of business sense.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Bitbox put up some videos on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBITBOX/videos

I'm kinda horrified by the number of baggies they had for Twilight Imperium, although being Twilight Imperium, I'm not sure if there was anything else they could do. I'm legitimately curious whether it helps a lot with setup/teardown, although I guess it depends on the game, because goddamn a Plano box is so much better than baggies. I requested Cthulhu Wars, so hopefully they do that.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 2, 2016

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Speaking of Cthulhu Wars, Peterson Games just put up a print and play of Gods War. Supposedly the Kickstarter is going to be on the 25th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhNNC0vAcik

http://petersengames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/The_Gods_War_PnP.zip

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

GrandpaPants posted:

Bitbox put up some videos on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBITBOX/videos

I'm kinda horrified by the number of baggies they had for Twilight Imperium, although being Twilight Imperium, I'm not sure if there was anything else they could do. I'm legitimately curious whether it helps a lot with setup/teardown, although I guess it depends on the game, because goddamn a Plano box is so much better than baggies. I requested Cthulhu Wars, so hopefully they do that.

I really want to like these guys, and I hope they succeed; but dropping the ball on shipping costs is some amateur hour bullshit. Hopefully they'll get their act together and find a solution for shipping overseas that isn't "pay double the cost of the item in shipping".

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

YF19pilot posted:

I really want to like these guys, and I hope they succeed; but dropping the ball on shipping costs is some amateur hour bullshit. Hopefully they'll get their act together and find a solution for shipping overseas that isn't "pay double the cost of the item in shipping".

Shipping overseas from the US sucks balls. Anything larger than an envelope pretty much has a base price of $25 USD, and it just goes up from there.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

berzerkmonkey posted:

Shipping overseas from the US sucks balls. Anything larger than an envelope pretty much has a base price of $25 USD, and it just goes up from there.

If you're not using custom packing, maybe. I had a guy in the US sending me a copy of Spyrium a couple of years back and he asked me if I wanted to go back on it because shipping the standard box to the UK cost more than the game. I showed him the magic of topology and cut the costs from something ludicrous like $35 to $15.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

berzerkmonkey posted:

I know that full well (it's usually worse for me), but that's usually for consumer first class stuff. Businesses can usually get lower bulk rates, depending on volume. I think MiniatureMarket has managed to secure a deal with FedEx that drops their international shipping rates down to like $15 flat.

The "drop the ball" part I mean with this, though, is their seeming lack of research into the actual shipping costs, coupled with advertising "EU/World-Friendly Shipping" when it clearly wasn't. Like, the horrible rates aren't what I'm calling them out on, just the way they let themselves get into trouble was very amateur-hour (though I guess this is their first Kickstarter, so maybe to be expected).

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Spies is... a game? I really don't know because the project creator decided to not describe what the hell they want funded. All they describe is "consists of 20 cards in total. This includes 16 Nazis, 3 Jewish Spies and 1 Hitler cards." Take careful notes, this is a perfect example of what not to do.

Also, holy hell, since CHOPS went live, two other rock n' roll campaigns have popped up. The Lords of Rock pits four of the ancient Pantheons against each other on the stage, trying to have the better setlist. The gods with the most souls after two rounds is the winner. Sounds a lot more simple than CHOPS, but I can't stop groaning at the horrible music/god puns for song titles.

"For Those About to Ragnarok" :shepicide:

Meanwhile, Battle of the Bands says "Don't be fooled by imitations. This is THE Battle of the Bands card game. We did it first, we do it best." They're doing a reprint of their 2000's game. It's looks closer to CHOPS in style, plus it looks like they've updated their game since the 2000's. Looks neat, but I'll have to actually look up game reviews before deciding on this.

Did not really expect three Rock and Roll games to pop up when they did.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Those are some of the worst puns I've ever seen.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Because nothing says you're a hard core Rock & Roller like sitting around a table playing a board game!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Those are some of the worst puns I've ever seen.

I feel like they just used a thesaurus... But, like, a crappy one.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It's the extra syllables they've added it so they don't even fit with the tune anymore. I don't even like classic rock and this Kickstarter is making me real mad

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Got my copy of Phoenix today. Art on the tarot cards is super beautiful and the book clocks in at a 450 page monster and that's with very little art in the book itself.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Because nothing says you're a hard core Rock & Roller like sitting around a table playing a board game!

It's only a few steps below reading Tolkien!

Doctor Shadow
Dec 12, 2008
Remember Nightfall? The project on KS for 13th Age that had all the money eaten by the Magic Red Gau monster?

Sure you do, well... long story short, I got it back, as you might know (or not), and changed the name to Nocturne. Less problematic in that AEG have a Nightfall card game thing. Welp, another long story short -- Nocturne is a thing, the backers got their copies and they'll be getting another email with a code that lets them do funky stuff at DTRPG regarding printing.

I put my own time, effort, crazy-amounts of words into this -- pulled in a crack team of developers from 13th Age and Savage Worlds -- the result, years later, a KS that got funded, defunded, and picked up once by goons (and dropped sadly) is finally here.

Out before Far loving West.

I'll shut the gently caress up now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funtyrant/nightfall/posts/1646067

http://savagemojo.com/store/singleProduct.cfm?pID=3569

To anyone who backed it originally, thanks, it's a pity that the Crimson Mage Gaumonster ate the money.

Still, this book is probably far better than the book that would have been out before.

Enjoy (or you know, wear it as a hat)

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Considering Nocturne/Nightfall got done without any money whatsoever

When is Far West going to be released?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Congratulations on finishing Nocturne, I guess. I'll admit some curiosity just based on how much a bunch of people with no obligation to do so kept trying to get it made.

Kemper Boyd posted:

Considering Nocturne/Nightfall got done without any money whatsoever

When is Far West going to be released?

I'm sure he learned his lesson the last dozen times and will not put forward even the faintest hint of a release date, just like the last six times he definitely didn't do that.

PS Keep an eye on the comments sections or Google+ or Twitter for more than a faint hint of a release date.

EDIT:

quote:

Nocturne, the first third-party supplement for 13th Age, brings fantasy horror to the next generation of players and GMs.

:lol:

Doctor Shadow
Dec 12, 2008

That Old Tree posted:

Congratulations on finishing Nocturne, I guess. I'll admit some curiosity just based on how much a bunch of people with no obligation to do so kept trying to get it made.

Call me a tenacious bastard, I'm one of those roleplaying game designers who'll fight for poo poo to get done, even if it seems like there's no hope. I guess that Savage Mojo, ASH LAW, and all the other folks who pitched in could see the value of the project. For me it was about the backers getting something for their money, rather than being left to twist in the wind.

Me, I never got paid, got thrown under the Bus by Gau a lot too. I don't quite think he realised that I'm actually a word demon. Not Microsoft Word though, gently caress that thing.

Also, yeah, thanks to Gau that whole spiel about it being the first third party product ship sailed long ago.

Edit: changed that KS text, because.

Doctor Shadow fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 3, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I can't believe I have a copy of Nocturne in my virtual hands. Congrats, Doc!

That Old Tree posted:

I'm sure he learned his lesson the last dozen times and will not put forward even the faintest hint of a release date, just like the last six times he definitely didn't do that.

PS Keep an eye on the comments sections or Google+ or Twitter for more than a faint hint of a release date.
GMS has pretty much said he's not doing release dates anymore. I'll be a year this Friday of just waiting on Chapter 9, for gently caress's sake.

Really, the best thing he can do at this point is to just hand off the project to someone else and let them finish it up. We know it's mostly done, because the first 8 chapters went out ages ago and the setting was written by someone else. But (going by the RPGG thread) this Friday marks the one-year anniversary of Gareth promising one chapter on GMing.

Doctor Shadow
Dec 12, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

I can't believe I have a copy of Nocturne in my virtual hands. Congrats, Doc!

Thanks dude, there's probably more support coming as well. I'm chatting with Savage Mojo about long term plans.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man, I can't loving believe that Nocturne came out before Far West...

What's next, Alas Vegas is actually going to exist?

Doctor Shadow
Dec 12, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Man, I can't loving believe that Nocturne came out before Far West...

What's next, Alas Vegas is actually going to exist?

Star Citizen will be a game before Far West ever comes out properly.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Evil Mastermind posted:

GMS has pretty much said he's not doing release dates anymore.

Yeah, the last time he said that was roughly a year ago, and he kept to it for quite a while. But he couldn't help himself, and it was definitely coming out just this last MayJune:shrug:.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

How insane do you have to be to still be posting comments like "Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Life happens. :)" on Far West kickstarter updates?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
It probably gets to be reflex after a while.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Has anyone had a chance to try Giga-Robo?

The rulebook is available on the Kickstarter page and the game seems to basically be finished and the KS just there to do a print run, so it looks like no matter what, the game will actually ship this year, but I'm wondering how it actually plays since the cards aren't included.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Lemon-Lime posted:

Has anyone had a chance to try Giga-Robo?

The rulebook is available on the Kickstarter page and the game seems to basically be finished and the KS just there to do a print run, so it looks like no matter what, the game will actually ship this year, but I'm wondering how it actually plays since the cards aren't included.

I would back Giga Robo, but dont think my circle of friends would be into it. It looks fun though.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Scyther posted:

How insane do you have to be to still be posting comments like "Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Life happens. :)" on Far West kickstarter updates?

The same thing is going on in the Project: Dark updates. I think once you alienate everyone who isn't a true believer those types just start running the show.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Impermanent posted:

The same thing is going on in the Project: Dark updates. I think once you alienate everyone who isn't a true believer those types just start running the show.

poo poo, I'd forgotten all about Project: Dark.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kai Tave posted:

poo poo, I'd forgotten all about Project: Dark.
I do, too, until I get another update for it. It may yet come out before Far West.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Any of y'all kickstarter addicts get the 7th Sea books yet?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lightning Lord posted:

Any of y'all kickstarter addicts get the 7th Sea books yet?

I know someone in the UK who did, why?

Mugaaz posted:

I would back Giga Robo, but dont think my circle of friends would be into it. It looks fun though.

I have a few boardgame friends who'd be up for trying it, so it's not a total waste of money. At the very least, the production values and minis are nice. :smith:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I really want Giga-Robo and had an earlybird for a long while, but my computer is old and dying so I'm going to have to take a break from KS to save money for a new one. Or at least try to take a break anywho.

e: it really sucks because I just love the design on that Ayzn robot

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Supposedly Blades In The Dark is getting a big PDF update/beta release sometime next week. I'm getting a little upset as its 9 months past due, but I still have faith in John Harper even though the last tangible update was in May. Still sucks even more though because that means all the hacks will be way later too.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
New PDF, maybe a completely new ruleset!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
From once cracking $250,000, Armored CoreMech Command RTS has now dipped below $200,000. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Now I'm starting to wonder if it's even going to fund.