Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Which idoes not happening when you just hit the planks in front of the laser most of the time.

In other news, I played one game of ranked and it forced these sweet rear end graphics on me. http://imgur.com/a/ZPtIn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, best way to do it I find it to just melee while stood further back than you used to.

In other news, i've now learned to just fire in the rough direction enemy fire is coming from rather than trying desperately to see them. Most of the time I can't, but I'll still trade because somehow i'll hit them.

I also had my best round ever, it was on the biker bar, four of them were stacked up outside near the bikes and weren't expecting the recruit to nitro the wall in the garage and cut them all down before they could see where I was coming from. Flanking is fun!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's Caveira's SMG like to her shotgun? Any good?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

What's Caveira's SMG like to her shotgun? Any good?

Slow firing but accurate and stable. It's good if you need range.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tactical realism is pretty awesome, I look forward to maybe playing it one more time ever based on how much everyone else seemed to dislike it

I basically felt like I was alone and isolated because of the lack of friendly information. Doing it on the new map was terrifying/hilarious though, call outs are meaningless when nobody knows where anything is

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Wooper posted:

Which idoes not happening when you just hit the planks in front of the laser most of the time.

In other news, I played one game of ranked and it forced these sweet rear end graphics on me. http://imgur.com/a/ZPtIn

Welcome to the glorious world of the lighting bug. You either get light like this or where there's no shadows on the map at all. It, ironically, is more annoying when in a casual match because there's zero chance you can ever load back into casual.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

The Duggler posted:

Tactical realism is pretty awesome, I look forward to maybe playing it one more time ever based on how much everyone else seemed to dislike it

I basically felt like I was alone and isolated because of the lack of friendly information. Doing it on the new map was terrifying/hilarious though, call outs are meaningless when nobody knows where anything is

Nah I'm with ya on it being fun.

I think once everyone gets past the initial "yo gently caress this there's no info!" its super fun.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J-tAe-P_xQ

Posting that for Jehde.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Tactical Realism was super fun, just annoying when your teammates don't make up for the lack of information with communication. We were getting the hang of it the second time around.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

What's a good operator to start with? Aside from Recruit obviously.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Heran Bago posted:

Thermite is a very useful attacker, he carries 2 Exo-Thermic Charges which allow him to breach reinforced walls. He also has a good gun (the assault rifle). On defence Rook is also great, he provides armour panels for the rest of the team, increasing the amount of damage they take before dying, and also increasing the likelihood of them going DBNO (Down, but not out) instead of outright dying.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How accurate are the little graphs on the Recoil Compensator/Flash Hider? Trying to figure out Buck's weapon, the kick is really all over the place and the little chart seems to suggest it doesn't change it much. Would love a little firing range mode where I could test the attachments.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's called casual

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

How accurate are the little graphs on the Recoil Compensator/Flash Hider? Trying to figure out Buck's weapon, the kick is really all over the place and the little chart seems to suggest it doesn't change it much. Would love a little firing range mode where I could test the attachments.

The thing is the little graph only display the first 5 shots when most gun empties its magazine in less than 3 seconds.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

For real though, it would be really handy to have a firing range style map that you could test weapons and attachments on. One of the CoD games allows you to instantly load into a firing range map from the loadout screen. It's really handy. All shooters should have one.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's called casual
i am not a clever enough man to remember the recoil between rounds

pedro0930 posted:

The thing is the little graph only display the first 5 shots when most gun empties its magazine in less than 3 seconds.
Yeah, that and the weird fuzzy colours don't really tell me enough info. Guess I'll just test between them in Terrorist Hunt.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I am Gold now in ranked and finding opponents seems pretty hard, especially alot of people will leave when they see a high level. Also sometimes15-25 level people seem to get into my lobby (was thinking minimum is 20).

Flipswitch posted:

i am not a clever enough man to remember the recoil between rounds

Yeah, that and the weird fuzzy colours don't really tell me enough info. Guess I'll just test between them in Terrorist Hunt.

People already made videos and pictures for every weapon and all their attachments.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Heran Bago posted:

Rook/Ash are probably #1 to unlock, followed by Smoke/Sledge. A lot of other classes require more experience to use them effectively.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
christ people are awful at this game, two rooks in a row don't even drop their plates no matter how many times i walk them through the process. and these super destructible maps are just loving nightmares.

Paradigmata posted:

I am Gold now in ranked and finding opponents seems pretty hard, especially alot of people will leave when they see a high level. Also sometimes15-25 level people seem to get into my lobby (was thinking minimum is 20).

People already made videos and pictures for every weapon and all their attachments.

think they removed the 20 req

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

christ people are awful at this game, two rooks in a row don't even drop their plates no matter how many times i walk them through the process. and these super destructible maps are just loving nightmares.

think they removed the 20 req

Be nice to the new guys. Just ask over mic chat, they just haven't developed the habit yet.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

Rook/Ash are probably #1 to unlock, followed by Smoke/Sledge. A lot of other classes require more experience to use them effectively.

With Ash be careful that you don't use your grenade launcher on the first thing you see. You only have two rounds. Use it on doors/windows that are too dangerous to approach on foot.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gunder posted:

With Ash be careful that you don't use your grenade launcher on the first thing you see. You only have two rounds. Use it on doors/windows that are too dangerous to approach on foot.

Or areas that would require you to be in the location otherwise. Example: Bank, second floor by the elevator banks. Putting a round through the lobby there gives you a sight line all across the second floor hallway, from front lobby to the copy room.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

afkmacro posted:

Be nice to the new guys. Just ask over mic chat, they just haven't developed the habit yet.

i mean i feel like 'rook you didn't drop armor, hold r1 and look at the ground' is pretty straightforward and not particularly rude

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Played for two hours last night and didn't play Favela once, even after changing map preferences with my squad. Can we get map voting please?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

No, it's not. I've had it happen to me several times.

If you melee a barricade and your model clips through the laser while punching a hole in the barricade, it will blow up.

Yes, it is. It happens because you're trying to shove your fat rear end through the door while hitting it. You just said it yourself. Using melee on the door at laser level does not trigger traps, this is misinformation. Touching the laser triggers traps, which won't happen if you're standing a safe and smart distance away from the door.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 3, 2016

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Newbie impressions:

I played some single player and multiplayer during the free weekend. Fun stuff. I've never played more than a bit of Counter Strike because it's hard to learn - I would get insta killed by a seasoned pro only to have to wait a long time for the next round for it to happen again. I enjoyed the pacing of this game much more and the destructible environments and tight spaces give it a much different feel that I am more comfortable with. It also helped that most other players were trying it for the free to play weekend, so I was never the worst player in a game. I bit the bullet and got it for $20.

I was more nervous playing it afterwards. I went 1 to 1 with the last man standing in an enemy team winning a comeback for our team in the overtime round. Everyone congratulated me which was a really unusual experience in an online shooter. In another match a player was upset I couldn't switch away from recruit, and the rest of my team shut him down pointing out that I was only level 3 and told me not to worry about it. It's like I've stepped into some bizarro world where people playing online military shooters are mostly friendly.

A+ game. Please be friendly and patient with noobs. When I unlock rook please continue to remind me to hold r1 and look at the ground.

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

It's like I've stepped into some bizarro world where people playing online military shooters are mostly friendly.

Don't worry, the minute you start getting really good people will start hurling slurs at you and accuse you of hacking.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Yes, it is. It happens because you're trying to shove your fat rear end through the door while hitting it. You just said it yourself. Using melee on the door at laser level does not trigger traps, this is misinformation. Touching the laser triggers traps, which won't happen if you're standing a safe and smart distance away from the door.

That's literally what he was saying

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Meleeing at laser height does not trigger the trap.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

ItheWelp87 posted:

That's literally what he was saying

He answered the question "Does this mean you can get blown up by punching a hole in a barricade that has a Kapkan trap at the exact height you punched?" with "Yes."

Considering touching the laser is what triggers it then no, it's literally not what he's saying. At best it's vague, and vague isn't helpful to new players.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 3, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Fresh can stop his self-confessed shitposting now anyway, since apparently according to Hard, triggering the trap when you melee was a bug that was fixed in this patch. :v:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
So i gave out old and wrong information?

Stop fixing your game, Hard.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

This game has a way of kicking you down and making you feel like a bad player and then one day you get a triple kill in half a second for the tiebreaker win.

I should record for moments like that.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Triggs posted:

Played for two hours last night and didn't play Favela once, even after changing map preferences with my squad. Can we get map voting please?

This would be amazing.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

dogstile posted:

So i gave out old and wrong information?

Stop fixing your game, Hard.

It had never been a thing, except as a short lived bug during special circumstances.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

This game has a way of kicking you down and making you feel like a bad player and then one day you get a triple kill in half a second for the tiebreaker win.

I should record for moments like that.

Shadowplay is great for this game, there is truly some insane things that happen and getting them on film is the best

You definitely don't want to miss moments like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6DJiGHCCyg

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Party Plane Jones posted:

Or areas that would require you to be in the location otherwise. Example: Bank, second floor by the elevator banks. Putting a round through the lobby there gives you a sight line all across the second floor hallway, from front lobby to the copy room.

Where are you talking about

What copy room

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
The one with the copier!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3lhQJLCZcY

Sneaky fucks.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

i was killed while shooting her in the face so i got this obnoxious poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

mellowjournalism posted:

Where are you talking about

What copy room

If you go into the manager's office at the back of the bank lobby and shoot out the left wall, you have line of sight to the open area past the stairs.

• Locked thread