Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
<Insert that absurdly bad picture of a black lady with a banana from Stone Ocean here>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
let hermes be black

stop having her be white

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT AND ATTRACTIVE WHITE FLORIDA MAN: i was shocked to discover that the twin brother of the black man that hired me was also black

Look you can't expect the Floridian elves of the jojoverse to be completely familiar with normal human customs like racism or genetics in general.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Hermes and Weather should at least look like POC's, despite both of them appearing to be v. white

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Hermes looks Mexican and Weather's tan skin was mentioned in the flashback. Considering he's half I can at least see him being light at least.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
Twins born from mixed parents looking like one had white parents and one had black parents is totally something that can happen in real life. It's rare but it does happen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone got that picture of the three Killer Queens playing dress up handy?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Killer Queen what are you doing stop that

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Killer Queen what are you doing stop that

Single Ladies just starts playing in my head whenever I look at it.

Also, thanks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Apparently there's a fuller, larger version of that in the artbook "HIROHIKO ARAKI WORKS"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, this thing, which I guess was maybe a shirt logo at some point too but it's just a strange killer queen variation

same with this, which was also apparently on a shirt at some point but idk if araki designed it for a shirt or what

and this, which I found while hunting the above two things down

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
god, Killer Queen is an insanely good Stand

still tryna make an avatar out the fem Killer Queens, they're so fresh

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Moltrey posted:

still tryna make an avatar out the fem Killer Queens, they're so fresh

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT AND ATTRACTIVE WHITE FLORIDA MAN: i was shocked to discover that the twin brother of the black man that hired me was also black

@_FloridaMan

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lamebot posted:

@_FloridaMan

I have literally thought about making a @FloridaJojo account to livetweet a reread of Stone Ocean.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lamebot posted:

@_FloridaMan

You could do a Jojo Florida Man with the amount of stupid poo poo that happens in part 6.

Florida Man mistakes Mickey Mouse for possum, spitroasts beloved Disney mascot.

gently caress, you could do an account for all parts, see:

https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan/status/759052914853838848

fuckin' alessi

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Moltrey posted:

I hadn't really thought about it, but I'm looking forward to what name they give Killer Queen in the anime subs.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I have literally thought about making a @FloridaJojo account to livetweet a reread of Stone Ocean.

@_FloridaStand

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

You could do a Jojo Florida Man with the amount of stupid poo poo that happens in part 6.

Florida Man mistakes Mickey Mouse for possum, spitroasts beloved Disney mascot.

Florida Woman encounters urban legend, sets herself on fire.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh this is very very good and much better than what I had, thank you very much

YF-23 posted:

I hadn't really thought about it, but I'm looking forward to what name they give Killer Queen in the anime subs.
I'm assuming Deadly Queen, but they were able to use Heaven's Door so who knows.

I was surprised they used Harvest, but apparently it was also Harvest in All Star Battle so o well.

I also forgot that Crazy Diamond and Harvest had big references in Monster Hunter 3G. I've never played a Monty Hunty, but the game had a hammer named Crazy Diamond that could heal your allies. Sadly that name did not survive localization.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 3, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Florida Woman gets run over by the 1972 Miami Dolphins.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Florida Man Finds God, Cape Canaveral Evacuated

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cerebral Bore posted:

Florida Woman Develops Deep Bonds of Friendship With A Chunk of Plancton.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Morioh Man Making Deadlines Despite Apocalypse

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Florida Woman Offers Stickers and Panties, Janitor Commits Suicide.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Frogs Rain From Sky, Florida Man Claims Responsibility

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Florida Woman contemplates the sexual prowess of snails

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've never really thought about it but florida definitely is the only place stone ocean could happen

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's like a 99% chance the name will be 'deadly queen' if it's changed at all

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Moltrey posted:

I also forgot that Crazy Diamond and Harvest had big references in Monster Hunter 3G. I've never played a Monty Hunty, but the game had a hammer named Crazy Diamond that could heal your allies. Sadly that name did not survive localization.

It's even better than that. The hammer is literally a model of Crazy D punching, with dora sound effects. (The handle is made of 'do' sounds)

The hammer Japan got was called Crazy D.

Outside of Japan, we got the same DLC quest and functionally the same hammer, but it was called the 'Majestic Scepter'.

Harvest was included as a mask you could put on one of your two helper buddies you can bring on hunts with you. One wearing it would collect money for you that you get at the end of the hunt.

Outside of Japan it was changed to the 'Cosmic Mask' and it is the worst looking thing I have ever seen.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Capcom really likes Jojo, eh? It's not enough that they have three street fighter characters based on Jojo :v:

Also, I found this link on reddit,

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3nti7n_ametalkjojo_fun

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3nu5zm_ametalkjojo-part-2-2_fun

A bunch of Japanese comedians in a talk show discussing Jojo, from 2012, if I am not mistaken

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

i've never really thought about it but florida definitely is the only place stone ocean could happen

Florida Woman caught in decades-old plane crash, survives by entering other woman's body.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Butt Ox posted:

Outside of Japan it was changed to the 'Cosmic Mask' and it is the worst looking thing I have ever seen.

It's based off of a ancient type of japanese statue that's common place in japanese pop culture

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

davidHalestorm posted:

Capcom really likes Jojo, eh? It's not enough that they have three street fighter characters based on Jojo :v:

Fun facts, in addition to Guile, Rose, and Juri just being JoJo characters, Dhalsim's arm stretching was based on Will Zeppeli's zoom punch and there's tons of pillar man inspiration in Urien, Gil, and especially Necali.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Harvest change doesn't even make sense, it's not even a mask, it's a Shakoki-dogu, a type of stone figure made in 14,000 - 300 BC era Japan. I mean, those things are also cool, but no little bee friend.

The Crazy D change is also lame because I wanna hit people with Crazy Diamond

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Imagine how good Crazy Diamond felt when he was beating the poo poo out of Rohan. Like he knew that he was doing what he was born to.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Moltrey posted:

The Harvest change doesn't even make sense, it's not even a mask, it's a Shakoki-dogu, a type of stone figure made in 14,000 - 300 BC era Japan. I mean, those things are also cool, but no little bee friend.

The Crazy D change is also lame because I wanna hit people with Crazy Diamond

It's also generally immune to physical attacks but weak to elemental ones.

Also I like the name Crazy D because I'm 10 years old and find dumb innuendo hilarious. I'm sad they changed it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Yinlock posted:

It's also generally immune to physical attacks but weak to elemental ones.
This is also true, I did use it in Nocturne for a while until my dumb rear end forgot just how bad he was against elements too many times

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

davidHalestorm posted:

Also, I found this link on reddit,

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3nti7n_ametalkjojo_fun

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3nu5zm_ametalkjojo-part-2-2_fun

A bunch of Japanese comedians in a talk show discussing Jojo, from 2012, if I am not mistaken

Cool they made a show about awkwardly telling your friends about stuff you are into and them not really feeling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

edit: nevermind, it was already covered :downs: