Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I like Anna's sister more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i'm glad this game continues the proud fire emblem tradition of archers being the worst, because ellie's worst power is off the charts

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

alcharagia posted:

i'm glad this game continues the proud fire emblem tradition of archers being the worst, because ellie's worst power is off the charts

whooooooooooooooooooooooo boy is this the most wrong.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
well mamori hasn't joined my party yet so maybe she's secretly the worst but she seems cool so

what i'm saying is that touma is the best girl

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't think there is anyone that is actively bad in this game. Although by the end I questioned why I would ever use Tsubasa.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Oh I'm talking entirely character-wise, she seems like a good party member but I don't like Ellie character-wise

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like Ellie but they could maybe have cut the amount of times she mentions hollywood by a solid 80%

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I like Ellie but they could maybe have cut the amount of times she mentions hollywood by a solid 80%

no.

:frogout:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kashuno posted:

whooooooooooooooooooooooo boy is this the most wrong.

Ellie is not great and i managed to not use her for 90% of the game she's available with no issues at all (aside from sessions i guess)

yashiro is better in just about every way and ellie will never take mamori's spot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Levantine posted:

Ellie is not great and i managed to not use her for 90% of the game she's available with no issues at all (aside from sessions i guess)

yashiro is better in just about every way and ellie will never take mamori's spot.

Ellie's big advantage is an extremely high elemental coverage and being your only meaningful source of Bow damage. She basically is a Session Starter and not much else which really hurts her once you get a wide enough elemental spread.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Help Im Alive posted:

Hollywannabe would not be as good as an insult though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Ellie's big advantage is an extremely high elemental coverage and being your only meaningful source of Bow damage. She basically is a Session Starter and not much else which really hurts her once you get a wide enough elemental spread.

kiria was my big source of elemental coverage. I used Ellie for a lot of debuffing (arguably you could Touma for it but ehhh I'd rather he spends time murdering)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Help Im Alive posted:

thats her entire character though

ellie is good because (if you make her an assassin) her lovely defense barely matters because she's never getting targeted, and she has great debuff skills. If you make her a sniper, she's great for just making GBS threads on everything. Her special attacks are great, too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

kiria was my big source of elemental coverage. I used Ellie for a lot of debuffing (arguably you could Touma for it but ehhh I'd rather he spends time murdering)

Kiria and Yashiro can both cover it too, yeah. Ellie's advantage is that Bow is actually extremely powerful so she gets additional coverage. Unfortunately she hits like a whiffle bat and status effects are a bit too unreliable. If you threw all your incenses into buffing her she'd come through a lot better but at the same time you can do that to almost anyone so it's not a big bonus.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i hated yashiro idk what I did wrong with him but it was like UGH every time I used him.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ImpAtom posted:

Kiria and Yashiro can both cover it too, yeah. Ellie's advantage is that Bow is actually extremely powerful so she gets additional coverage. Unfortunately she hits like a whiffle bat and status effects are a bit too unreliable. If you threw all your incenses into buffing her she'd come through a lot better but at the same time you can do that to almost anyone so it's not a big bonus.

The problem with bow advantage is that 99% of those enemies also have a Wind/something else weakness and a stronger character can exploit that better than Ellie. Yashiro is way better at taking down fliers who are weak to wind, for example.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

alcharagia posted:

well mamori hasn't joined my party yet so maybe she's secretly the worst but she seems cool so

what i'm saying is that touma is the best girl

Mamori is the best party member. She protects your entire party, her SP moves are great, she gets such high HP that enemies hitting her weaknesses barely ever matters. And her immunity to ice comes in handy more often than I thought it would.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kay Kessler posted:

Mamori is the best party member. She protects your entire party, her SP moves are great, she gets such high HP that enemies hitting her weaknesses barely ever matters. And her immunity to ice comes in handy more often than I thought it would.

good, i needed a best tank to go along with kiria's fuckhuge magical offense

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
question 1: is there any reason to wait on promoting my characters

question 2: who should i promote first

question 3: what else should I know about promotions

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

alcharagia posted:

1. no

2. itsuki because he's always in your party.

3. there are more than enough master seals to get everyone into both forms. also promote everyone before switching forms.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

alcharagia posted:

1: Nope.
2: Whoever you feel would benefit the most from increased stats and more weapon options.
3: There are enough Master Seals in the game to promote everyone twice. Once you've promoted a character, it makes a selection of weapons available for Carnage Unity. Those weapons will still be available even after you switch to the character's other promoted class, so don't hesitate to start swapping classes later on once you've promoted everyone at least once.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

also if you decide the form you promote to 2nd looks too dumb for you to handle (swordmaster navarre, conqueror chrom), the hee-ho lottery has a chance to give out master seals

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How I feel about mamori

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm actually astonished anybody thinks Tsubasa is bad mechanically. She was the solid cornerstone of my team with almost as high magic as Kiria, good elemental coverage, mediarama, recarm, and debut smile.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
okay but I could just use Mamori

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I used everyone, isn't that how it's supposed to go

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm actually astonished anybody thinks Tsubasa is bad mechanically. She was the solid cornerstone of my team with almost as high magic as Kiria, good elemental coverage, mediarama, recarm, and debut smile.

Tsubasa has less elemental coverage that Kiria, lower magic and specializes in healing spells which are unfortunately trivialized by items and SP skills. Mediarama is the only thing she really has going for her and it's not super worth it.

Her problem is that anything she specializes in someone else can do better or is easily replicated by cheap items.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

tsubasa is the only character in the game who can miss attacks, it seems sometimes

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
mamori is very cute and i'm glad she protects her friends

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

also she and the rest of the sub 1000hp crew are instantly ganked as soon as they exist on hard so i never use any of them outside of their specials

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Help Im Alive posted:

I used everyone, isn't that how it's supposed to go

Exactly. I use Ellie when she's one of the lowest levels in my party. Same with Tsubasa. Same with anyone.

Itskui is like 5 levels ahead because he's always in but whaddya gonna do. :shrug:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cake Attack posted:

tsubasa is the only character in the game who can miss attacks, it seems sometimes

I never had Tsubasa miss anything, but Mamori kept missing everything in the final dungeon. She was still practically mandatory on the final boss but if I could have gotten away with using someone else I would have.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cake Attack posted:

also she and the rest of the sub 1000hp crew are instantly ganked as soon as they exist on hard so i never use any of them outside of their specials

maybe it's because i'm bad at the game but i personally believe that kiria, the powerful wizard, is worth it

or is she not a member of the sub-1000 crew

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

alcharagia posted:

maybe it's because i'm bad at the game but i personally believe that kiria, the powerful wizard, is worth it

or is she not a member of the sub-1000 crew

kiria has pastel power so i'd sub her in, have her do that, then get her out, but beyond that i felt she was way too frail to use, especially since she's so slow that if she dies she's never going to get another turn to get swapped out

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tsubasa also suffers from being in a game with only 3 party members, one of whom is mandatory, and where death is loss of a turn so her weaknesses get amplified a lot. If you had 4 party members she'd be a lot better because of that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Kiria does a lot of damage but boy does she die fast. I only played on Normal, but Tsubasa was capable of surviving at least one or two hits from almost everything and Kiria was not.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if you could swap out dead party members kiria and tsubasa would become way better

ellie would still kinda suck

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cake Attack posted:

kiria has pastel power so i'd sub her in, have her do that, then get her out, but beyond that i felt she was way too frail to use, especially since she's so slow that if she dies she's never going to get another turn to get swapped out

it took me a second to remember i put the roaring ear plugs on her in chapter 2 and never removed them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
also, I largely have Kiria's frailness to thank for my first using an Attack Mirror, and thus, discovering how useful Attack Mirrors are in this game

• Locked thread