Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Chris James 2 posted:

It's...finally happening??

The new Pokemon games look fun but it seems like Moon has way cooler exclusives than Sun imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

It's...finally happening??

Punk has that "oh god what did I get myself in to?" look on his face

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I wonder how many of those fights will actually happen

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
it's a tough call but i'll take the team on the right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Please do not jinx Overeem's crowning moment

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He won't drink a beer because his dad was mean to him

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Punk is eyeing the exit in that poster

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Steve Austin rode a 4 wheeler into the ring through the crowd pounding beers the entire way and smashing them and throwing them around. Cm punk sat down Indian style and cried about his dad drinking beer

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Overeem and Punk are both destined to get popped for pissing hot the week of the fight

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Punk is straight edge noob he'd NEVER do that

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

schweens posted:

Overeem and Punk are both destined to get popped for pissing hot the week of the fight

Punk would probably do that on purpose just to get the 2 year ban and retire because "welp... i'm too old now!"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Very excited for Punk to get hit with a USADA violation

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Overeem looks like he's eyeing someone else's plate, wishing that he ordered what they did.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Very excited for Punk to get hit with a USADA violation

How many smug references would WWE make for the next year if that happened?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I hope his USADA appeal is just him showing his fingers to the board and yelling "WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY"

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
In his Colt Cabana interview didn't he say he had a moment where he was looking at fourteen million dollars in his bank account and just going "wait why am I still working?"

I really thought he was going to hang it up without fighting and not an inch of me blamed him. And after he lost all the practice fights and poo poo after trying for two years? I'd be so loving retired lmao. I'd be Val Kilmer'd out on beach looking nasty as poo poo like the gently caress you got to say

Especially now he can be like "well clearly PED is just some see if you can get away with it poo poo in UFC so I don't know how an honest man is expected to compete in an environment like that. thanks for the hip surgery. bye"

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Regrettable posted:

Overeem looks like he's eyeing someone else's plate, wishing that he ordered what they did.

Great, now I'm hungry. It's the middle of the night!

Cubone posted:

In his Colt Cabana interview didn't he say he had a moment where he was looking at fourteen million dollars in his bank account and just going "wait why am I still working?"

I don't think it was that high, though he apparently got a lot of money later after settlements and everything came in. He mentioned that he paid a lawyer and got what he earned or something like that. I don't know if he has fourteen million though, who knows.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Aug 3, 2016

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
miocic vs overeem will probably be really cool, stipe has a lot of good fights waiting for him at heavyweight

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Foul Fowl posted:

miocic vs overeem will probably be really cool, stipe has a lot of good fights waiting for him at heavyweight

Stipe made Hunt look like a tired, wounded hippo on his way to his title win. I kinda hate him but at the same time admire his murdertank skills.

Is Punk's fight still going to be a fightpass joint or was that internet hearsay?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Not putting Punk's fight on PPV would be like just setting fire to a big pile of money

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

He owns a small building in Chicago so I can't imagine he's that bad off.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if they'd just put Punk on Fightpass because he doesn't want his rear end to get pulverized on PPV

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I could see them doing it on FightPass to drive subs. Wrestling fans are already conditioned to hate PPV prices(thanks WWE) so it'd be an easier sell. Plus from the ppl that sub, you'll get a subset that end up so jazzed about MMA they'll pop for other PPVs down the road.

You couldn't co-main Gall/Punk on a PPV. More than likely, it'd be the opener or 2nd on the card and that's a hard sell for a first time buyer. People like Punk but do they like him enough to pay $60 for a product they're not familiar with?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's on the main card, the poster's out. Third from top, it seems, so just before the co-main.

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC-203?id=
Opening the PPV apparently.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I wonder if they'd just put Punk on Fightpass because he doesn't want his rear end to get pulverized on PPV

They'll do whatever makes the money in any give scenario, and that means PPV this time.

e: fact checked

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 3, 2016

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's on the main card, the poster's out. Third from top, it seems, so just before the co-main.

They'll do whatever makes the money in any give scenario, and that means PPV this time.

That's not the final bout order.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Um this is clearly former WWE Champion Vacant, not former WWE Champion CM Punk.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

A true elite.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I legit do give Punk a little bit of a golf clap for taking this ridiculous plunge that will probably end terribly for him but that doesn't change the fact that I think he's a miserable, bitter oval office.

Ty1990 fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 4, 2016

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Endless Mike posted:

CM Punk is two inches taller and ten pounds heavier than me. That's amusing to me because I'm really weak.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
What time does this poo poo start on the 10th of September so I can be sober and then get drunk on time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

10 PM Eastern, I believe

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

10 PM Eastern, I believe

thank you

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Punk's gonna get clobbered, shrug, then go back to relatively quiet obscurity with his beautiful wife and gigantic piles of money

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I hope punk gets some sort of wrestling PTSD and starts selling strikes/submissions.

If he lasts long enough to

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Gaz2k21 posted:

I hope punk gets some sort of wrestling PTSD and starts selling strikes/submissions.
For real though. I bet you could wake a wrestler up by laying your arm over him and counting to two.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Cubone posted:

For real though. I bet you could wake a wrestler up by laying your arm over him and counting to two.

I can't wait for Gall to get him in a rear naked choke, just as the ref is about to call for the bell, Punker'll shoot his hand up into the air, give Gall a couple of stiff elbows to the gut and come off the cage with a flying clothesline! :allears:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Team_q posted:

I can't wait for Gall to get him in a rear naked choke, just as the ref is about to call for the bell, Punker'll shoot his hand up into the air, give Gall a couple of stiff elbows to the gut and come off the cage with a flying clothesline! :allears:

Be still my beating heart. I hope we get to see a GTS. True question: Will his walk out music be Cult of Personality or Miseria Cantare?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I still don't know which I want more, to bust a gut laughing at CM Punk getting lit up or the delicious :salt: if he wins

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Team_q posted:

if punk pull a wrestling movie then gull should do the pedigree.:smug:

we should have a triple H smiley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cubone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofkMReimM5I

• Locked thread