Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Bardeh posted:

i was thinking about how people say you never see a toilet on the Enterprise. with teleporter technology, maybe they're living in a post-toilet society - the poops just get teleported into the replicator matter container out once they reach a certain size and get recycled into dinner

E: i see I'm not the first person to think of this idea

When I was a kid my dad told me that the replicators made food that your body could completely break down into pure nutrition, so the only time you pooped was on away missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
But my dad said lots of poo poo be made up on the fly.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
For months he convinced me he had a talking Camaro named "Berli", by having his secretary make voice recordings talking to me on one of those mini cassette recorders, and keeping it down between the drivers seat and the door.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
One time he woke me up shouting "the bucket trees are in bloom c'mon you have to help me pick buckets". His company had made a bunch of buckets that had some minor flaw, so he had his guys come by overnight and hang hundreds of buckets in the trees in our yard.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Your dad sounds cool AF

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
He was, yeah :rip:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ConstantDelays posted:

Going through DS9 season 1 at the moment, and I'm more or less where you were. Between the guy assassinating cool rear end Gul Daheel last episode and Wynn's bullshit in this one, I'm losing a lot of sympathy for the Bajorans.

O'Brian's speech about the sacred bond between engineers and his threats to fight everyone he came across reminded me to call my dad.

But hey, season 2 starts with a sweet two parter starring Frank Langella. Of course, it just makes the Bajorans even more hostile, but still, Frank Langella.

Sten Freak posted:

After watching 3 OK social issue episodes in a row DS9 delivers the awesome one that shows Odo's beginnings as a constable and Kira's resistance days. Fantastic episode. I think my wife wiped a tear at the end when Kira states their friendship as being the reason she didn't tell Odo the truth of the unsolved murder. drat that was good stuff.

Also had the bit where the doofus ferengi brother is screeching at QUark's would be murderer, happy that he is a hero, then return to screeching when he realizes he prevented inheriting the bar which was a Simpsons/Futurama type moment to me. Absurd but good for a chuckle.

Odo is a cool cat all around. Speaking of cats would there really be rats on a space station like Odo shifts into? Do rats stow away in space ships like real ships? Couldn't the computer just scan for them and teleport them into the void?

There is another episode a few seasons later that is essentially the same plot, except in reverse. And Kira can't see the irony in the situation so she gets furious at Odo for what happens.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Is Frank Langella the guy from Avatar or the guy with hotdog lips?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I think I anyways confuse those two.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Pretty sure it's lippenfurter though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

criscodisco posted:

You're thinking of Stephen Lang, maybe? Frank Langella is in old stuff like The Twelve Chairs, or that terrible Gina Davis pirate movie Cutthroat Island.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Arcsquad12 posted:

You're thinking of Stephen Lang, maybe? Frank Langella is in old stuff like The Twelve Chairs, or that terrible Gina Davis pirate movie Cutthroat Island.

Dammit, my brain had just forgotten about that POS... so thanks, dick.

Dude, was great in Dave.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Bajorans are as awful as Humans should be.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah I just did a GIS and it's not hotdog lips. Now I will go crazy trying to figure out who I was picturing.

Incidentally, in all of Google Image search, there's only one picture of Frank Langella doing a toothy smile. Every other picture is closed mouth smiles, and I'm not entirely sure the toothy smile pic wasn't CGI. I don't trust people who smile like that, unless they have Kirsten Dunst teeth.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
haha he could have just eaten the Sundays (SUNDAES GET IT) haha Tuvok you're so funny and it looks like Neelix is rubbing off on you a bit

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Burning_Monk posted:

Dammit, my brain had just forgotten about that POS... so thanks, dick.

He's the only good part of that movie because he keeps killing people, therefore lowering the overall annoyance each time.

I suppose the exploding ship at the end was good too, but that's about it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

EvilTaytoMan posted:

And a live rat in their mouth and they growl at Picard every time he gets close to them.

Or just growling whenever Geordi got close to them. Animals know things.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

buttcrackmenace posted:

also : this thread now has ~18 pages worth of criscodisco posts :prepop:

I was going to prove to y'all that 18 pages wasn't that many but I got as far as dividing 154 by 18 before I remembered that I'm terrible at math.

naem
May 29, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

As space becomes more traveled, you can bet your rear end that rats and other vermin will be up there too. It's just inevitable. Why do you think they had a cat on the Nostromo?

Honestly if/when humans travel to other planets we'll be bringing rats, cockroaches and Mosquitos with us and it's going to destroy fragile ecosystems through the galaxy as a terror plague

naem
May 29, 2011

Aliens will think we sent monsters to torment them as bio weapons and we'll be like "nah man we're just really gross and dirty sry"

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
gently caress those ecosystems if they can't handle our vermin then that's on them not us. Besides Trip and Reed blew up a planet once by entering the atmosphere wrong I'm sure they'd have leapt at the chance to just have some ecosystem damage.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

naem posted:

Aliens will think we sent monsters to torment them as bio weapons and we'll be like "nah man we're just really gross and dirty sry"

Oh please Klingons just wipe their poo poo right on the walls and growl at it, we invented Purel.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
And Ferengi ears have to smell like 10 kinds of rear end. They're walking around with platter sized petri dishes on their heads.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Besides cats eat bugs, too. After a nice long voyage there won't be a critter left alive in that ship. I know sometimes I'll wake up and there will be a big spider in my kitchen sink so I just grab my cat and put it in the sink with the spider and problem solved.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

criscodisco posted:

I was going to prove to y'all that 18 pages wasn't that many but I got as far as dividing 154 by 18 before I remembered that I'm terrible at math.

If there's 8 20s in 160, then there's at least 8 18s in 154, so just estimate and say that you've made 1/8 of the posts in this thread.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Is this that new math all the parents complain about?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
There's a bunch of theoretical aminoacids that could exist and the ones we use may basically be random. Could we eat an alien? Would the different animo acids gently caress us up?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

criscodisco posted:

And Ferengi ears have to smell like 10 kinds of rear end. They're walking around with platter sized petri dishes on their heads.

Any Ferengi male with functioning hands who has reached puberty spends at least two hours a day grooming their lobes, often with scented warming oils.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

criscodisco posted:

I loved the ironic anecdote that the Ferengi actors became deaf as doorbells when they were in costume due to having giant rubber "ears" attached to the side of their heads.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Automatic Slim posted:

They should've never let Riker grow the beard.

incorrect

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

criscodisco posted:

Besides cats eat bugs, too. After a nice long voyage there won't be a critter left alive in that ship. I know sometimes I'll wake up and there will be a big spider in my kitchen sink so I just grab my cat and put it in the sink with the spider and problem solved.

No joke. When I was younger my family stayed at my grandmothers while when we moved and some paperwork thing kept us from moving into the new place. She hated the idea that we brought the cats until within a week the bug problems she'd always had disappeared. From that point on grandma had a grudging respect for cats. :3:

Also this reminds me of the "O'brien must suffer" episode where he had to get rid of a vole infestation.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Trast posted:

Also this reminds me of the "O'brien must suffer" episode where he had to get rid of a vole infestation.

He does aim a sonic firearm right at Quark in that episode.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Trast posted:

<Zap!> "Yowch!"

** Dax emerges from an access panel, dangling a dead vole

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

But hey, season 2 starts with a sweet two parter starring Frank Langella. Of course, it just makes the Bajorans even more hostile, but still, Frank Langella.

There is another episode a few seasons later that is essentially the same plot, except in reverse. And Kira can't see the irony in the situation so she gets furious at Odo for what happens.

Yeah, this one bothered me when it aired. Very inconsistent.

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION

Germstore posted:

There's a bunch of theoretical aminoacids that could exist and the ones we use may basically be random. Could we eat an alien? Would the different animo acids gently caress us up?

In the future, when life with an entirely different biochemistry is discovered, no one will care about aliens except as calorie free diet food.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
getting fucke dup on some romulan ale tonight boys

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

getting fucke dup on some romulan ale tonight boys

I'll organize an away team to find your sinuses tomorrow.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

criscodisco posted:

Also Wars<Trek.

I'ma stop you right there

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

criscodisco posted:

He's Skeletor from the He-Man movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'ma stop you right there

Go ahead and try, but you'll keep arguing despite knowing deep inside that you're wrong, and that no one would devote pages to wondering which Cantina monster would give the best beejer.