Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'd pay money to see a duel on the 18th green between a rum drunk knife wielding monkey and a young Chi Chi Rodriguez.

Holy poo poo, Chi-chi is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Sentient Data posted:

Added:
Animal steals live golf ball or other equipment
Golfer fends off wild animal or mugger with golf club
Golfer takes out bird with golf ball
Weapon-wielding monkey interrupts event
NBC abandons live broadcast, uses edited multi-day delay

There aren't quite enough entries for an 8x8, but I updated it to allow for 6x6 and 7x7 if you want those
http://bringo.org/6
http://bringo.org/7

Since more people are having fun with the card, I'll be replacing the ugly placeholder background; I'm thinking it'll randomly choose from the mascot-photo inserts

e: Oh, on a second look there actually are enough; so far there are 73 random squares, so I went ahead and added 8x8 as well

Some of the squares have cut lines on 7 and 8

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kcgreen/this-is-fine-plush-dog

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Jusupov posted:

Some of the squares have cut lines on 7 and 8

Yeah, that's just since I had a forced height on the design to let the rows all stay square-ish. I'll throw in a different css file for the non-5x5 that makes the squares uniformly narrower and taller. I'll probably also just disable the free space for the even-numbered ones, or maybe I'll just have it randomly choose a spot rather than ceil($card_size_x*.5)

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Hey, everybody! Sorry to ask, but I've missed the last 5,000 posts: what's the ransom amount & body count up to, respectively?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Do any of the bingo spaces have anything to do with Bob Costas getting a super gross infection?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Pesticide20 posted:

Do any of the bingo spaces have anything to do with Bob Costas getting a super gross infection?

Bob Costas contracts an STI?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pesticide20 posted:

I feel like that should be a betting pool.

You have to pick the body part and how many days it puts him out of commission.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

That's a scary image.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

effectual posted:

That's a scary image.

Please do not insult the incoming President like that, he has a lot on his plate in fixing Terner's mistakes.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Eh, as an American, "Monkey with a knife 2016" is a campaign I could at least get behind.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Haja goolge home page has a link to allow you to "step into a favela in Rio". They're cool, from afar!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Poverty tourism is a big thing

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

goatface posted:

Do no wrong Google!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

oh. well, aside from it being the one event anyone in brazil is likely to care about, soccer seems fairly harmless. i mean sure, there will be urine-based fan participation but that is kind of trivial compared to the looming human extinction event.
they're playing in brazil, not mexico, so no one's gonna be pelted by piss. and you say it's harmless now but wait until alex morgan's first child has a head the size of a grape

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost
For the bingo card: sewage, trash, or corpses digitally edited out of published images.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So where's a good way to actually watch the events? I have directv which means no cbc unfortunately. Will it all be on youtube?

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Pro click alert:

you can follow the real time shootings in Rio via an app, news story found here:

http://plus55.com/culture/2016/08/violence-brazil-rio-daily-shootings

"According to Fogo Cruzado, 46 reported shootings have been registered between July 6 and 31. The data refers only to regions where Olympic events will take place, like the Maracană Stadium and its surroundings, the Military Village, and the Realengo area. The region with most occurrences is Tijuca, where the football and volleyball venues are located. In the last few weeks, 17 shootings have been reported, including one on Maracană Avenue – which is where the main entry to the stadium is located."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

what about diarrhea tourism

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

what about diarrhea tourism

all traveling in the southern hemisphere is diarrhea tourism

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is there a future dystopia movie where rich people compete to acquire the worst diseases possible from the grimiest dirtiest places on the planet but it's all in good fun for them because they all have these little injectors that instantly cure all diseases but it can be remotely turned off if they share it with a poor.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mr.Booger posted:

Eh, as an American, "Monkey with a knife 2016" is a campaign I could at least get behind.

agreed.
plus he probably wouldn't allow for a bid for the Olympics in our country either.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
This thread is too hot to trot, let me regale yall with a mission trip I did to rural Tennessee at 13.

My group of untrained laborers put up a fence, it rained on us, the nice people said thank you when they dried our clothes, then we went home. AMA?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bring back old gbs posted:

is there a future dystopia movie where rich people compete to acquire the worst diseases possible from the grimiest dirtiest places on the planet but it's all in good fun for them because they all have these little injectors that instantly cure all diseases but it can be remotely turned off if they share it with a poor.

that's kiiiinda Elysium

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Hardawn posted:

This thread is too hot to trot, let me regale yall with a mission trip I did to rural Tennessee at 13.

My group of untrained laborers put up a fence, it rained on us, the nice people said thank you when they dried our clothes, then we went home. AMA?

How do you live with yourself?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I finally watched the HBO special on the IOC. If you have the channel you should check it out. It's a great watch and goes into depth on how bad the effects of the games have been in some places.

Edit

The Chinese government literally murdered children to protect the image of the Beijing games. :shepicide:

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 3, 2016

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Lime Tonics posted:

I want to see a bunch of tiny monkeys run out and steal the golf balls and clubs and cause mayhem, I wonder how they would score that.

They'll tranquilise the animals and shoot them if they look at someone the wrong way. :(

http://deadspin.com/brazilian-soldier-shoots-jaguar-dead-after-olympic-torc-1782373935

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So what you're saying is "Athlete or spectator shot by animal control"

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/bi_sports/status/760952596576231424

Oh my God this is all just too perfect

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hahahahaha

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

I finally watched the HBO special on the IOC. If you have the channel you should check it out. It's a great watch and goes into depth on how bad the effects of the games have been in some places.

Edit

The Chinese government literally murdered children to protect the image of the Beijing games. :shepicide:

It's crazy what some countries do to host these events, but I guess the prestige of hosting the groups like the IOC or FIFA is too much to pass up.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Odds of the lighting of the Olympic flame turning into a catastrophic fireball looking better every day.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chichevache posted:

so did the South Korean government in 1988. i can't be bothered to go back all those pages but someone posted an article about how homeless people, both children and adults, in Seoul were put into concentration camps in the run-up to the Olympics. the government denies it to this day

Crash74
May 11, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Odds of the lighting of the Olympic flame turning into a catastrophic fireball looking better every day.

lol if all the exits are locked, brb got to get some more bolt cutters.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crash74 posted:

lol if all the exits are locked, brb got to get some more bolt cutters.

No criminals don't have bolt cutters. Idiot!

E: whoever said women soccer doesn't flop, theyre idiots too.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 3, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Bringo card

Police mow down athletes while attempting to mow down protesters
Mascot costume catches fire
Mascot costume stolen
Japanese IOC member commits suicide to preserve honor
Donald Trump makes outlandish comments, pisses off nation/world

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Probably borrowed the bolt cutters from some kids.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
so is there a bingo square for "massive gang offensive overwhelms government defenses"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I've been working around some Brazilian exchange students this summer and I found out earlier today that they're going home on Friday. That's like everything bad colliding at the same time for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
The Olympic stadium has the same level of security as a high school gym locker

• Locked thread