Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Resub for a month so I can carry your rear end through Mazzatun for that Amberplasm set.

I'm subbed for the next three and some months, we can do it after raid tomorrow or before if we're both on early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orv posted:

I'm subbed for the next three and some months, we can do it after raid tomorrow or before if we're both on early.

Shoulda been on tonight man, stomped the poo poo out of AD now that they lost their Malubeth/Bombard crutch.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Give 'em a couple days, they'll figure out something else.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orv posted:

Give 'em a couple days, they'll figure out something else.

Well they still have overwhelming numbers + 5 templars for every non-templar in their raids.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Hey there,

Coming back to TESO after an 18 month hiatus; they seem to be investing quite a bit of effort into the game now. Starting from scratch. (As I played on EU previously)

Could I get an invite sent to @LordSmark to the EP guild? Also any tips in terms of a semi-functioning Nightblade Bow Build would be greatly appreciated!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Wrecking Crew threw ourselves against Vet Temple last night, to learn the mechanics and stuff, was brutal in a good way. Makes you feel alive.

We then did normal version and it's night and day. Like, more so than the difference between normal and vet ICP. Normal was an absolute walk.

PegLegActual
Sep 11, 2001

Real Pirate. Real Amputee. Limping Through Life.
Humbly requesting an invite for @Filthy-Luca so that I may partake of good times. Not a stamblade.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Well they still have overwhelming numbers + 5 templars for every non-templar in their raids.

it's good to know some things are the same on console

somedamnthing
Mar 29, 2003

sup
Welp, this ESO needle sticking out of my arm needs goon pals, so please invite @somedamnthing for the highest of jinx.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

somedamnthing posted:

Welp, this ESO needle sticking out of my arm needs goon pals, so please invite @somedamnthing for the highest of jinx.

Invites should be caught up to here. If we missed you, yell loudly in the general direction of the thread.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gotta love how everyone is begging for tanks now that the new dungeons are out.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
New to this thread/game and am eager to get some info:

I live in Australia, and played Dark Age of Camelot back in its heyday. I haven't really found any other game that resembles DAoC's PvP 'vibe' - can anyone comment on whether or not ESO comes close to it? I got pretty excited when I read the overview on the front page and it seems quite similar but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Secondly, I live in Australia. One of the biggest issues back when I played DAoC was the lack of other Australian players online during our 'prime time', meaning that despite the PvP being excellent, there was nobody around to fight. Any AusGoons playing this that can comment on this?

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Cathab posted:

I live in Australia, and played Dark Age of Camelot back in its heyday. I haven't really found any other game that resembles DAoC's PvP 'vibe' - can anyone comment on whether or not ESO comes close to it? I got pretty excited when I read the overview on the front page and it seems quite similar but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Secondly, I live in Australia. One of the biggest issues back when I played DAoC was the lack of other Australian players online during our 'prime time', meaning that despite the PvP being excellent, there was nobody around to fight. Any AusGoons playing this that can comment on this?

I don't really do PvP, but it may be worth noting that there is essentially no world PvP in ESO if that's what you're looking for.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Gotta love how everyone is begging for tanks now that the new dungeons are out.

They always come crawling back.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cathab posted:

Pretty large Oceanic presence on AD for PvP shenanigans if that's your thing. Although you might have to join AD which is generally a bad idea.

Also quite a few of the staff for ESO are/were DAoC veterans so in a sense, Cyrodiil PvP is a spiritual successor of sorts.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004

Scyantific posted:

Pretty large Oceanic presence on AD for PvP shenanigans if that's your thing. Although you might have to join AD which is generally a bad idea.

Also quite a few of the staff for ESO are/were DAoC veterans so in a sense, Cyrodiil PvP is a spiritual successor of sorts.

Ah that's good to hear.

So AD isn't recommended? Also, is there just one giant server full of people, or can you choose different servers (ala DAoC)?

Cathab fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 2, 2016

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Cathab posted:

Ah that's good to hear.

So AD isn't recommended? Also, is there just one giant server full of people, or can you choose different servers (ala DAoC)?

AD stands for Aldmeri Dominion, one of the 3 factions in the game. It's got Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit if any of those appeal. AD PvP is bad if you like small group or not simply winning due to wrecking the opposite factions ping with a megazerg. Also, though not universal, many people playing on AD are less experienced and you could get frustrated by being in a group that just spams poo poo while wearing bad gear and wondering why DC (Daggerfall Covenant) steamrolls them. You COULD Join us in EP (Ebonheart Pact) but most of us are actually in NA and yeah that could be an issue since that's a LOT of hours apart.

PvP in this game is fun though it can be frustrating. Best advice? Ignore the SERIOUS BUSINESSTM assholes and have fun with a cool, chill group. There are plenty out there.

Also join the goon guild regardless of what you do.

Welcome to the party!

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

AD stands for Aldmeri Dominion, one of the 3 factions in the game. It's got Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit if any of those appeal. AD PvP is bad if you like small group or not simply winning due to wrecking the opposite factions ping with a megazerg. Also, though not universal, many people playing on AD are less experienced and you could get frustrated by being in a group that just spams poo poo while wearing bad gear and wondering why DC (Daggerfall Covenant) steamrolls them. You COULD Join us in EP (Ebonheart Pact) but most of us are actually in NA and yeah that could be an issue since that's a LOT of hours apart.

PvP in this game is fun though it can be frustrating. Best advice? Ignore the SERIOUS BUSINESSTM assholes and have fun with a cool, chill group. There are plenty out there.

Also join the goon guild regardless of what you do.

Welcome to the party!

Thanks man! Sounds like AD is like Albion from DAoC (very zergy, and stupid). Definitely not my cup of tea!

So just to clarify, you can join guilds regardless of which faction you choose? Or are they faction-specific? Also, is there just one single NA server that everyone plays on? Or do I also have to roll a character on the same server as the goon guild?

Thanks for answering my dumb babby questions. I really appreciate the help.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
PC/PS4/XBOX Crown Sale. 5500 pack is 23.99 instead of 40.00 per reddit it will last "just a few days as its timed to coincide with Quakecon"

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Bonapartisan posted:

PC/PS4/XBOX Crown Sale. 5500 pack is 23.99 instead of 40.00 per reddit it will last "just a few days as its timed to coincide with Quakecon"

Thanks for the heads up! To give those of you considering a pack or two a gentle push, the last sale was december.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Yes dye shop, this will do until I get more dyes unlocked and can look more obnoxious.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A moron lists Minotaur chests in Neon stall for nearly 200k expecting people to buy it. Gets pissed off when he's asked to prove that his is the only chapter in existence :lol:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
mmo economies are really dumb and bad

is the minotaur style just the hide of morihaus style?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
did they ever fix the lovely dungeon finder in this game for pc

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Cathab posted:

very zergy, and stupid
Got it in one. That's about the best description anyone could hope for.

Cathab posted:

So just to clarify, you can join guilds regardless of which faction you choose? Or are they faction-specific? Also, is there just one single NA server that everyone plays on? Or do I also have to roll a character on the same server as the goon guild?

Yeah it doesn't matter. As long as a guild is on the same server you can join it regardless of anything at all. And yes, there is the NA server and that's that. Serving NA, SA, Oceania and now Japan as well. So the only way you couldn't join up with us is if you chose the European megaserver.

Hope that helps!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

FordPRefectLL posted:

did they ever fix the lovely dungeon finder in this game for pc

Going to try pugging the new dungeons now (normal, I'm not insane). Never tried specific dungeons before, I'll report back.

e: 2 hours in the queue for those two, followed by ~2 hours in the queue for a random normal dungeon. Did they gently caress up again? No threads about it on the official forums.

valuum fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 3, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I've already forgotten the dungeon names, but we've run both veteran Orange Spooge Temple and Spider Temple. Will have to do a few more times to really get a feel for them, but at least for us four, Spider was way shorter and way easier.

All the bosses have mechanics, you know, like a real boss!

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
I am level 32 ish and just received the Litany of Blood. I'm screwed until I complete the main story and open up the other factions right? Does it open both at once?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Bretonio Banderas, Breton sorcerer, rises from the ashes of Fernando Orctez.

Scy, I have AP for the non-chest/weapons Akavari motifs, what do.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orv posted:

Bretonio Banderas, Breton sorcerer, rises from the ashes of Fernando Orctez.

Scy, I have AP for the non-chest/weapons Akavari motifs, what do.

The 100k ones or the 250k ones? Not too many buyers for Akaviri poo poo these days so I'd save that AP for now.

Orv
May 4, 2011
250 twice. I was looking to pay you back/bribe you to gear him as well.

Orv fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 3, 2016

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Never fear: Justice Heroman is here!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orv posted:

250 twice. I was looking to pay you back/bribe you to gear him as well.

Good news you can transfer gear between that templar and that sorc now.

(Seriously, you can)

I'll gladly take 2 chapters off your hands tho.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Why you always gotta make me put forth effort.

I need staves though, for which I will give you chapters. I was looking at making the staves part of a 5-piece with four on armor but yeah I can just transfer stuff.

Orv fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 3, 2016

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I was saved from vMA madness by last nights late night patch.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So I'm stumbling back into the game with my templar and I feel very lost. I figured I'd play support but I can't figure if I'm better off tanking, healing, or not caring until I hit max level. All my experiences in dungeons involve my squishy healer face getting caved in while each player fights their own random target. Is there a good resource for templar support builds? I find tons of old information. What's a good class for a purely dedicated tank?

Lastly with the crowns sale is there anything I should absolutely be buying? Almost all of it looks unnecessary.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
You don't want an evening gown or wedding dress? :confused:

I typically get crafting poo poo out of the store with my sub crowns - motifs, mimic stones, etc. Alternately, if you're just starting out and getting sick of your slow lame horse, you can buy him some riding lessons.

Or buy a horse, if you happen to lack one.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Super extra don't buy riding lessons with crowns. If they were like, 10 crowns a pop or something maybe, but they're absolutely not worth it in any capacity as they are.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Orv posted:

Super extra don't buy riding lessons with crowns. If they were like, 10 crowns a pop or something maybe, but they're absolutely not worth it in any capacity as they are.

Yeah, do not buy riding lessons, sure it sucks that it (essentially) takes 180 days (I think 60 per skill?) to max everything for the horse, but that poo poo is too expensive in crowns.
'
I recommend buying a horse if you don't have one because gently caress paying cash for that, buying extra mounts that you think are fun, and other cosmetic stuff that you can't get in game. Everything that you CAN get in-game that is also in the crown store is just overpriced as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Good point on the riding lessons; they're stupid expensive for the return you get.

• Locked thread