Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

MLS has finally exceeded it's 2012 viewership average per match (by 1000)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

my team sucks and is bad but

Fucitol posted:

gently caress You

Go Crew.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

quote:

According to ESPN, Bedoya joins the Union after commanding a $1 million transfer fee and will make $1 million per year with his new club. Meanwhile, the Chicago Fire, who held the top spot in the allocation order, reportedly received General Allocation Money, Targeted Allocation Money, a first round draft pick, discovery rights on a player and the Union’s allocation spot in exchange for the rights to Bedyoa.

Well that's a thing

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Looks like the Crew are trying to buy Jonathan McDonald, here are some of his best skills (27s if the time thing doesn't work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sof58E-Scfg&t=27s

he wasn't sent off for that

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Tigren posted:

Well that's a thing

That seems like a pretty good deal for the Fire. They got all of that just to move down one spot in the allocation order. I'm sure they'll use the allocation money to sign several players who are proven and reliable performers, and who can elevate the team to playoff contention.

lol

edit: If Chicago could get that kind of offer from the second team in the order every time a USMNT player came back, they would do far better just holding on to that spot and selling it to other teams than they would actually signing a USMNT player and watching him fail to prop up that dumpster fire of a team.

TheNakedJimbo fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 3, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Simone Poodoin posted:

Looks like the Crew are trying to buy Jonathan McDonald, here are some of his best skills (27s if the time thing doesn't work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sof58E-Scfg&t=27s

he wasn't sent off for that

La chancla

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Seltzer posted:

La chancla

Please. If he had any la chancla skillz that man would have never seen it coming and been knocked out.

Also, lol at Philly if you think Bedoya is any good. Mix 2.0.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

TheNakedJimbo posted:

That seems like a pretty good deal for the Fire. They got all of that just to move down one spot in the allocation order. I'm sure they'll use the allocation money to sign several players who are proven and reliable performers, and who can elevate the team to playoff contention.

lol

edit: If Chicago could get that kind of offer from the second team in the order every time a USMNT player came back, they would do far better just holding on to that spot and selling it to other teams than they would actually signing a USMNT player and watching him fail to prop up that dumpster fire of a team.

In a vacuum, I'd actually be pretty happy with what the Fire got. That's a big haul.

But I'm not happy, because I know the team is just going to sit on the money or waste it on some random shitlord who's going to wash out in half a season or the lovely unwanted DPs of another MLS team.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hello Towel posted:

But I'm not happy, because I know the team is just going to sit on the money or waste it on some random shitlord who's going to wash out in half a season or the lovely unwanted DPs of another MLS team.

Seattle has a few more people for the Fire to take, especially if they want them right the hell now.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

We've signed a fast Austrian winger in his 20s. I hope he's better than the fast argentine winger in his 20s that we spent a lot of money on.
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/2016/08/02/new-york-red-bulls-complete-transfer-austrian-international-daniel-royer

Welcome to the team Royer

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

We've signed a fast Austrian winger in his 20s. I hope he's better than the fast argentine winger in his 20s that we spent a lot of money on.
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/2016/08/02/new-york-red-bulls-complete-transfer-austrian-international-daniel-royer

Welcome to the team Royer

I like him already.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
The Fire signed that Armenian kid. Word on the street is he's got a real nose for the goal.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Hello Towel posted:

In a vacuum, I'd actually be pretty happy with what the Fire got. That's a big haul.

To be fair other than moving Harry Shipp, the new FO seems to be making competent moves this offseason I am sure you can find some upgrades for your DP slots.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paddyb posted:

The Fire signed that Armenian kid. Word on the street is he's got a real nose for the goal.

Edit: I just don't care anymore.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
The new rumor is Luis Solignac from Colorado to Chicago for GAM.

https://twitter.com/samstejskal/status/760972523014070273

I'm not sure I like it since the Rapids are sputtering offensively and a bit thin all around. Plus really with just hours to go in the window?

Since MLS is horrible about disclosing amounts of GAM, who knows what's going to happen.

:shrug:

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Jack2142 posted:

To be fair other than moving Harry Shipp, the new FO seems to be making competent moves this offseason I am sure you can find some upgrades for your DP slots.

Harry Shipp has been kind of a dud for us tbh.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Shrapnig posted:

Edit: I just don't care anymore.

Did I get Albania and Armenia mixed up again

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paddyb posted:

Did I get Albania and Armenia mixed up again

No, Soulex would let you know about that.

I was going to make a joke but then realized I was in the MLS thread.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

JayMax posted:

Harry Shipp has been kind of a dud for us tbh.

I think the move broke him.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Shrapnig posted:

No, Soulex would let you know about that.

I was going to make a joke but then realized I was in the MLS thread.

Nice catch

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

The hopeful rumor in Rapids land is maybe this time they sign Luton Shelton. The realistic take is they've blown the budget and a team that could use a winger is trading a winger to pay down salaries. At this point who knows.

:shrug:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Bedoya actually any good?

even in MLS?

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Wow.

https://twitter.com/soccerbyives/status/761011947059965952

http://www.coloradorapids.com/post/2016/08/03/experienced-attacker-s-bastien-le-toux-joins-colorado-rapids

Edit: I guess we found out where that GAM is going. Boy does this scream "win now." Sure hope they don't screw it up.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 4, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

DOOP posted:

Is Bedoya actually any good?

even in MLS?

I rate Kljestan higher than him, seriously. There are a lot of players better than him at his position in the MLS. He's a very average player who got a lot of time under klinsmann because he played in europe and tracked back. Also we signed some Israeli Striker Damari from Leipzig. Good to have back up for BWP but I still want a big money signing.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 4, 2016

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Solignac to Chicago is official. Hopefully one of the guys signed today actually works out.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Hello Towel posted:

Solignac to Chicago is official. Hopefully one of the guys signed today actually works out.

Sorry but I was wrong.

edit: He's the epitome of "keep fighting" and (to my memory) a nice guy. he just couldn't find the back of the net here in Denver. He basically has to play striker up top with some good service or he's toast. If he's out of position he's ineffective at best. He's more likely to miss if he's not the top striker than anything else. I hope a change of scenery does him good but boy...I don't know.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Aug 4, 2016

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Seltzer posted:

Good to have back up for BWP but I still want a big money signing.

The summer transfer window closes in an hour two hours so I would not be optimistic (unless your big money signing is somehow still a free agent).

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 4, 2016

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Not that anyone pays attention to San Jose, but they traded Matías Pérez García, one of their only creative attack minded players, to OCFC for a defensive midfielder in Darwin Cerén.

San Jose currently has the fourth best goals against and the fourth WORST goals for! NO MORE DEFENSE DOM!

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Hope LeToux took that better than when Seattle let him go.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Unfortunately McDonald won't show his lackluster chancla skills in Columbus, negotiations fell through. But I heard that Keyner Brown to Houston is officially done, enjoy your "whatever, nothing special" CB.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Portland has added a couple of defenders in the past week. Adding Steven Taylor from Newcastle's training room and Gbenga Arokoyo, a young Nigerian CB who most recently played in Turkey. Haven't seen Taylor anywhere yet, but Arokoyo was getting a tour around the stadium tonight during the CCL match and seemed excited to be here (I mean, it's not Turkey, who wouldn't be).

Meanwhile, our new Lithuanian LB has looked pretty good in the half he played against SKC & the 90 he played tonight against Dragon CD.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Hey let's take a guy who's a fan favorite, just had two major traumas this year, and send him to a rival above us in the table for Garbucks!

:negative:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Wow.

https://twitter.com/soccerbyives/status/761011947059965952

http://www.coloradorapids.com/post/2016/08/03/experienced-attacker-s-bastien-le-toux-joins-colorado-rapids

Edit: I guess we found out where that GAM is going. Boy does this scream "win now." Sure hope they don't screw it up.

Nooooooooooooo :smith:

I hate Bedoya

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hoover Dam posted:

Hey let's take a guy who's a fan favorite, just had two major traumas this year, and send him to a rival above us in the table for Garbucks!

:negative:

For fucks sake!!!

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
That TAM and GAM though...

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
hi I'd like to talk about how loving angry I am at this Charlie Davies trade

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Those are all good points, but have you considered gently caress Charlie Davies?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Those are all good points, but have you considered gently caress Charlie Davies?

Not to mention he's old and a garbage tier striker. NE should be happy to get rid of him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
When he was fit he was great for New England :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

DOOP posted:

Nooooooooooooo :smith:

I hate Bedoya

So...LeToux. Does he still have enough to make a good super sub?

I imagine his leadership and ability to actually serve the ball forward to Doyle will be huge but I just don't know much about him this year.

• Locked thread