Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm the she-cryptarch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wow the game finally gave me a party crasher today too

Danger close that melee perk....

yay

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If your party crasher don't look like this, toss it in the bin.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Ok so imagine this. Full armor spec striker titan with arc armor chest piece and the relic that removes super but gives you dual abilities and even more armor.

You don't need the arma anymore so you can use something else, like the feedback fence gloves.

That would be a loving awesome tank class. You would have close to 230hp i think. And let's face it i love the striker but the super is kinda poo poo.

There a few classes which would be crazy with that relic. Double firebolt ram head sunsinger would be pretty good too.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

But you have the relic that removes the sprint delay and that poo poo has been doing my head in since day 1. Why does this even exist?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

And let's face it i love the striker but the super is kinda poo poo.

What are you talking about, ground pound is the best instant super in the game. It fucks up everything around you all the way to orbit. Overcomitted to a fight? gently caress it punch the ground. Someone sneak up on you? gently caress it punch the ground. Enemies clustered on the point in a bubble? Hell yeah punch the ground.

That said flinging grenades everywhere would be fun, but you can do that already with armamentarium.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

What are you talking about, ground pound is the best instant super in the game. It fucks up everything around you all the way to orbit. Overcomitted to a fight? gently caress it punch the ground. Someone sneak up on you? gently caress it punch the ground. Enemies clustered on the point in a bubble? Hell yeah punch the ground.

That said flinging grenades everywhere would be fun, but you can do that already with armamentarium.

Its the best defensive super in the game no doubt. Lol nice blade dance, lol nice ticklefingers, lol nice self rez.

Outside of that though its kind of limited. Its ok for a panic super to extend a kill streak or a juicy opporunity around a heavy box but the only reason I run striker is because with an arc arma and lightning grenades your area denial is insane and you can warrior a team better by keeping them at bay.

The one shot with tlw punch and having your melee charge instantly reset or transfusion proc is pretty godly too.

Having a relic that takes a way a slam but gives me two melee charges, double grenades allowing me to run a different exotic with more armor is going to be a more than fair trade off.

The survivability boost alone would probably be enough to make up for the FoH kills let alone with the added melee charge extending that utility.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

Yeah its ok. Id rather give it up than give up my hammers though.

But the thought of defender titans with 11 or 12 armor running around with no backup plans and dual meelee and supression nades pisses me off.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Its the best defensive super in the game no doubt. Lol nice blade dance, lol nice ticklefingers, lol nice self rez.

Outside of that though its kind of limited. Its ok for a panic super to extend a kill streak or a juicy opporunity around a heavy box but the only reason I run striker is because with an arc arma and lightning grenades your area denial is insane and you can warrior a team better by keeping them at bay.

The one shot with tlw punch and having your melee charge instantly reset or transfusion proc is pretty godly too.

Having a relic that takes a way a slam but gives me two melee charges, double grenades allowing me to run a different exotic with more armor is going to be a more than fair trade off.

The survivability boost alone would probably be enough to make up for the FoH kills let alone with the added melee charge extending that utility.

Yeah this is pretty much my line of thinking.

Might not be great in all game modes but im sure it's going to be amazing in some.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
That fast super charge when teammates are near artifact is going to lead to some hilarious hide and seek in 3s.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do we even know if it adds armor? maybe it's just adding int/disc/str?

i hope not though because I love stacking armor

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

sunday at work posted:

That fast super charge when teammates are near artifact is going to lead to some hilarious hide and seek in 3s.

How much of an effect did the perk have for storm callers when it worked?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

How much of an effect did the perk have for storm callers when it worked?

With two people standing next to you it charges in about 2 minutes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dunno how effective it'll be in 3s. I dont play a lot of threes but most of the time i find the team with the great initiative is more successul than the team that plays the slow boring game.

I suppose it might have utility for those games where its 4-4 and you get map control to try and cap it out but at 4-4 that late in the piece slow playing for a super will probably just lead to a super v super battle.

Its an interesting addition though should make for some creative builds.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

With two people standing next to you it charges in about 2 minutes.

It's a flat 30 second reduction in super charge for every teammate standing near you, in addition to your int bonus. Obviously they have to be standing near you that entire time to get that high, but it's still a pretty nice boost.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

xzzy posted:

If your party crasher don't look like this, toss it in the bin.

Wtf is this ugly app people are pasting from all of the sudden stop it

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

FishBulb posted:

Finally got an Elsyluna with an ok roll and I'm not even sure if it's okay enough

Hidden hand and partial refund with hammer forged, reinforced barrel or HC rounds

HH is good for Babymoon, since that HC has kinda low AA. Reinforced Barrel is a pretty big hit to stability, which sucks for Baby 'cuz of the hilariously strong pull to the right. I think this gun needs to maintain stability in order to be consistently easy to use. I'd probably run Hammer Forged over RB. Keep the base stability and increase the range a bit.

My bonerrific Rangefinder+LITC roll has Rifled Barrel and Braced Frame. I usually run RB and can't imagine how hard it would be to use with very low stability. (Though I might start using BF more, since the gun practically doesn't move with that much stability, and the base range + RF still amount to pretty good range.)

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 4, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

sunday at work posted:

Yeah thats the one artifact that I really think is going to make the game poo poo.

We can only hope the effect is minor.

And let's hope that poo poo doesn't stack.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
i'm still lmaoing at your new av, rappo

whoever did that, you are a beautiful person

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Call of Cholula posted:

Wtf is this ugly app people are pasting from all of the sudden stop it

Point out a better one that displays all stats.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Did I read right that one of the new artifacts will give swords the ability to reflect bullets? Please tell me that would work in crucible, cause that would be amazing.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Mikey-San posted:

whoever did that, you are a beautiful person

:grin:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Nothing wrong here.

http://i.imgur.com/5nxDUME.gifv

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yo, shot in the dark, here, anybody on XB1 got a charged Argonach rune they wouldn't mind using to help me out? :shobon:

I'm at 38/50, if I knock this out, all I'll have left is nightfall, raid, challenge mode and Tier 3 Court of Oryx.

Wow, what new Artifact is this?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

VJeff posted:

Yo, shot in the dark, here, anybody on XB1 got a charged Argonach rune they wouldn't mind using to help me out? :shobon:

I'm at 38/50, if I knock this out, all I'll have left is nightfall, raid, challenge mode and Tier 3 Court of Oryx.

Wow, what new Artifact is this?

It's actually the Mark of Saladin - Gain the ability to bend time and only be present every 4th frame.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

It is a really nice av. Covers all bases nicely. That koala looks pretty smug too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Did I read right that one of the new artifacts will give swords the ability to reflect bullets? Please tell me that would work in crucible, cause that would be amazing.

Energy based projectiles from ogre blasts to rockets. You'll still get rekt by non elemental primaries.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Energy based projectiles from ogre blasts to rockets. You'll still get rekt by non elemental primaries.

NAh its projectiles man. So anything that isn't hitscan.

Deflect thise fusion rifle shots :stare:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rick_Hunter posted:

It's actually the Mark of Saladin - Gain the ability to bend time and only be present every 4th frame.

Mark of Hugh Pingus, every time you take damage you have a 30% chance to blink 20 feet in a random direction.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

xzzy posted:

Mark of Hugh Pingus, every time you take damage you have a 30% chance to blink 20 feet in a random direction.

give it a substantial cool down and make it go in the last direction traveled and it would be a fun exotic

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

dankmlgweed

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

Aka: Shade Step or Twilight Garrison.

Both of those things can gently caress off.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Got a PDX-41 from leveling up the gunsmith:

Perfect balance/Counter-balance/ Hand laid stock or lightweight.

I know it isn't part of the "meta" but with hand hand laid stock it has 100 stability which combined with CB makes the thing a loving laser beam. Range is at 36 and it is alot of fun in PVE. Haven't tried it in the crucible and won't unless there are buffs/nerfs etc...

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things
Nope. sit down.
http://i.imgur.com/WP07MfI.gifv

bouncy
http://i.imgur.com/uXsEijZ.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

texaholic posted:

Got a PDX-41 from leveling up the gunsmith:

Perfect balance/Counter-balance/ Hand laid stock or lightweight.

I know it isn't part of the "meta" but with hand hand laid stock it has 100 stability which combined with CB makes the thing a loving laser beam. Range is at 36 and it is alot of fun in PVE. Haven't tried it in the crucible and won't unless there are buffs/nerfs etc...

Yeah you really want something to increase range since you have gently caress loads of stability.

Still sounds decent though.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
The PDX-41 is basically the perfect base template for that archetype, given it comes stock with 48 range (!!). Don't take a drop in range to get a little more stability, especially if you have counterbalance already.

I think with PB + Smallbore it ends up at like 95 stability and 55 range :chanpop: and that's without factoring in the effects of rangefinder.

If they ever make them more competitive, the PDX41 will rule in the crucible.

Edit: there's also this one:

Hammer Forged completely negates the negatives from Hand-Laid Stock so it ends up with 48 range too, which is still pretty sick.

Edit 2: Also used to have this one, but I think I threw it away after getting frustrated about the nerfs

THE BIG DOG DADDY fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 4, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Tripmine trip report: still good

http://i.imgur.com/Sc5yF1z.gifv

Exodus Blue clash trip report: why are people in the meat grinder room with no point to cap?

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 4, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Tripmine trip report: still good

http://i.imgur.com/Sc5yF1z.gifv

Exodus Blue clash trip report: why are people in the meat grinder room with no cap to point?

Habit, probably. Without nav points no one knows where on the map is important.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Habit, probably. Without nav points no one knows where on the map is important.

Spoiler, not sure I should be posting this where google can index it: the inside area where heavies spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Point out a better one that displays all stats.

Ishtar Commander.

• Locked thread