Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Broccoli, rainbow chard, spinach, chicken broth, garlic, hot sauce, and chia seeds. I have a Vitamix. It's more like a soup but sometimes I'll just drink it cold.

I barely have to wipe after taking a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

I have to see my doctor about my diabetes, as injecting insulin twice a day is clearly not keeping my blood sugar down. I really don't want to, because one option would be to inject 3x a day and I don't want to have to lug around the vial and syringes everywhere.

(it doesn't help that, food-wise, my day to day options are high-glydemic or not eating..)

My kiddos use the pens and they are great

But you should def being seeing a doc regularly if your sugars aren't controlled

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

The Tragically Hip played every song I wanted to hear except for Bobcaygeon.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My neurologist apparently died and no one told us :shepface: I'd been his patient for 20 years and now we have no loving clue where my records have gone.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My car is reaching the end of its life. It certainly had a good run but I just don't waaaaaaaant to replace it. I've had it for like 8 years now and it's hilarious to tell people how many miles it has on it. It's also a '90's Toyota and there's just something special about how god damned long those cars last.

I know I should replace it but I don't have the money to just buy a car outright at the moment and I positively despise financing cars and dealing with dealerships.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
People have been posting in my stupid poo poo Jesus lovers actually believe thread again and I can't post in it again because then I'd no longer have a perfect in-thread post count of 666.

:negative:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm probably going to end an engagement because my fiance is a hardcore berniebro that publicly shames me for ignorance on poo poo that takes five minutes to debunk.

They're a paid-for doctorate student from parents' money accusing me of privilege while i juggle three jobs to save for a 2-year :smith:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I bought a recently released game somewhat later than launch, but before others I discuss games with who plan to buy it later, so I'm in just the wrong spot to have nobody to talk about it with.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

thecluckmeme posted:

I'm probably going to end an engagement because my fiance is a hardcore berniebro that publicly shames me for ignorance on poo poo that takes five minutes to debunk.

They're a paid-for doctorate student from parents' money accusing me of privilege while i juggle three jobs to save for a 2-year :smith:

I'm so sorry to hear that, but it's probably for the best that you end it now. If they treat you this poorly now, imagine how much worse it will be in 5 or 10 years.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

thecluckmeme posted:

Yeah being publicly shamed is a one way ticket to the dump population your ex fiance

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

thecluckmeme posted:

I don't know if that's first world, they sound kinda douchey. Sit down and tell them to shape up or you're shipping out imo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, I mean drat, my fiance is a trumperter (or whatever they call themselves) but when we have political discussions it's always in private. I'd never embarrass her in public.

Talk to em, tell em how you feel, and if they can't/won't change then gently caress it, it won't be getting any better.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Welp, my old-rear end PCcrashed and now I don't have audio. Also my Ipad's touch screen is acting up, constantly clicking the same place.

Edit: Spent all day trying to figure the sound problem out and now my wireless card, which was cannibalized from an even older computer, seems to have crapped out last night.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 18:00 on Aug 2, 2016

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I have binged six episodes of Stranger Things and there are two to go and I have to go to sleep now.

gently caress

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The shop took the stripes off my car to fix it and the ones they gave me to replace them are the wrong size and I could do it with Plasti-Dip but I can't quite get it the way I want and it dries too fast in the hot sun :sigh:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I frequently read the forums while standing but I get tired so I do the Soviet squat instead of sitting, but I'm afraid I'm gonna bust out my knees.

:ussr:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Either the audio switch or cables I bought off amazon for dirt cheap don't work, and it makes me sad. I just wanted speakers near my bed so I can listen to music quietly.

Edit: No, they actually work fine. My new first world problem is that I'm too dumb to plug cables into the right hole.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 05:27 on Aug 4, 2016

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Got more or less rejected for Air Force enlistment because of my psych history even after jumping through a bunch of hoops to try for a medical clearance. At least I have a decent (if entry-level) corporate job starting soon.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
e

I Am Not Spor has a new favorite as of 20:13 on Mar 29, 2019

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

I Am Not Spor posted:

My roommate and I found this girl I was involved with on tinder today.

Did you at least swipe left?

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
e

I Am Not Spor has a new favorite as of 20:13 on Mar 29, 2019

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Call her a mudblood and be done with it.

I am woefully behind the times and just got a smartphone from Google. So far I am petrified to use the drat thing because the case comes later today and I don't want to break it! Also I have to manually transfer all my old contacts over because I had a flip phone that isn't made any more. And Verizon is being a bitch about any info since I canceled the main line.

Our foster kitten got adopted! Down to four! His new family emailed me with a ton of photos and he looks so drat cute and happy! ....and the vet said he has gardia, which is a gut parasite, so now all our fosters and own cats need to be treated. I feel like poo poo because I did the adoption myself and told the lady he was healthy, but she doesn't seem upset about it.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
My ex posted a ridiculous facebook profile picture and I want to passive agressively mock it but I can't find the right picture to do it, so I don't get to be petty.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
USPS tried delivering a package to me yesterday that needs a signature, then left a redelivery tag with a timestamp of when I was definitely home. Schedule them to redeliver it at 5:30-7:30 today but I get home from work early so I hoof it to the post office to try and head the truck off. Woman at the post office points out that I already scheduled a redelivery and the package is out on a truck, so I say "great" and go home to wait on it. Four hours later and it's still not here, nor is there a new redelivery tag showing that they tried :argh: I re-arranged my entire evening so these fuckers would have an easier time delivering it and they still can't get it right. No wondering the USPS is hemorrhaging something like a billion dollars a year.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My penis is just too long and girthy and all my pants do not fit.
I have to get the left leg in a wider size to accommodate its enormity and all the tailoring is really adding up.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

USPS tried delivering a package to me yesterday that needs a signature, then left a redelivery tag with a timestamp of when I was definitely home. Schedule them to redeliver it at 5:30-7:30 today but I get home from work early so I hoof it to the post office to try and head the truck off. Woman at the post office points out that I already scheduled a redelivery and the package is out on a truck, so I say "great" and go home to wait on it. Four hours later and it's still not here, nor is there a new redelivery tag showing that they tried :argh: I re-arranged my entire evening so these fuckers would have an easier time delivering it and they still can't get it right. No wondering the USPS is hemorrhaging something like a billion dollars a year.

Does USPS do Holds at Location for their offices? Or next time have them deliver to your work?

GOONS, for easier holiday shipping, you can have UPS and Fedex (I think on the former, I know on the latter) hold your deliveries at one of their stores so no rear end in a top hat steals it from your doorstep.

My mom has been feeding our two outside cats (they only became this way because of a hoarder neighbor, who let his swarm loose so they pissed everywhere. Two of ours started pissing on the INSIDE of our front door to mark it theirs. And they eventually got outside and now live in the backyard, though one does strut his poo poo around the front sometimes). dry cat food, which they refuse to eat, so we get tons of ants. I tell her NOT to, they only want wet, and I feed them once a day, but she insists on throwing out handfuls and piles of food they never eat. The ants are getting fat though.

My new phone case does not have a glass cover for the screen. The gently caress is the point, case!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Cowslips Warren posted:

Does USPS do Holds at Location for their offices? Or next time have them deliver to your work?

Picking it up at a post office was an option for "redelivery" and honestly after they hosed up delivering it the first time I should have just told them I would come pick it up in person. I'm mostly just annoyed that I walked all the way over trying to catch the truck before it left and the woman at the counter kind of gave me the stink-eye for (rightfully) thinking twice about trusting them to re-deliver it. It still hasn't shown up so I guess I'm going back there tomorrow to get it, as long as they don't lose it then whatever. Our apartment in general is completely perplexing to all delivery personnel which is a more general FWP I guess.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I watched Stranger Things.

Meh. Good performance by Winona Ryder.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I just ate a cheese and bacon roll with mustard. It was OK, but I should have gone with relish instead.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Also I have to manually transfer all my old contacts over because I had a flip phone that isn't made any more.
Do you still have the old phone? You should be able to copy the contacts onto the SIM and then put it into the new phone to transfer them back off.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I watched Stranger Things.

Meh. Good performance by Winona Ryder.

I hadn't seen any of the show, until earlier this week when I got home from work right as my roommate put on the last episode, so the entire show is ruined for me. Which I guess is a first world problem.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I Am Not Spor posted:

I hadn't seen any of the show, until earlier this week when I got home from work right as my roommate put on the last episode, so the entire show is ruined for me. Which I guess is a first world problem.

Ouch. I still recommend watching it, as the performances make the show. Maybe give it a couple weeks so you forget about what happens at the end.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

In the process of paying off all of my credit cards in full I forgot that I had an autopay set up with my bank for one of the cards, so I accidentally overpaid that card and now have a credit of $25 that I have to use to bring the balance to 0.

God, I sound like such an rear end in a top hat.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Chrome has removed the backspace functionality from the browser, so I can no longer tap it to go back a page, I have to hit Alt and the left arrow key to do it. I'm annoyed because my hands get cold at night with all the lovely weather we've been having so I preferred to tuck one hand under my arm to keep it warm but now I have to use both because apparently Alt gr won't work. I also keep tapping the backspace because I'm not used to it yet and Chrome keeps popping up a message to tell me I'm loving up. I know, you rear end!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does your mouse have extra buttons or wheel tilt? Those are usually defaulted to browser navigation.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Cowslips Warren posted:

My new phone case does not have a glass cover for the screen. The gently caress is the point, case!

Your phone screen will not shatter unless you hurl it bodily onto a hard floor. Don't stress, embrace the future, enjoy your new phone. In the unlikely event that your phone screen becomes cracked you can get it fixed for a small fee. Everything will be alright.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Does your mouse have extra buttons or wheel tilt? Those are usually defaulted to browser navigation.

I'm on a laptop so I just use the touchpad. It's more convenient when I'm lounging around the house. Less convenient for poo poo like this.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Roro posted:

Chrome has removed the backspace functionality from the browser, so I can no longer tap it to go back a page, I have to hit Alt and the left arrow key to do it. I'm annoyed because my hands get cold at night with all the lovely weather we've been having so I preferred to tuck one hand under my arm to keep it warm but now I have to use both because apparently Alt gr won't work. I also keep tapping the backspace because I'm not used to it yet and Chrome keeps popping up a message to tell me I'm loving up. I know, you rear end!

God loving dammit. I hadn't noticed there was an update for Chrome until just now, and now I'm stuck with it too.

In other lovely update news, we have several Xbox Ones and other consoles at work that we can rent out to customers by the hour. Apparently a giant loving system update came out the other day, and no one noticed until last night when I was setting one up for a customer. Luckily they were pretty chill about it and we comped some of their time, but it still took forfuckingever to update even with the insane internet speeds we get in the LAN, and we had to drag all the other Xboxes out and update those too.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I feel like that's the kind of thing someone will have already written an extension for, since backspace to go back has been a staple of browsers since Netscape 2.0

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

There is, and you can bet I've installed that poo poo immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Roro posted:

I'm on a laptop so I just use the touchpad. It's more convenient when I'm lounging around the house. Less convenient for poo poo like this.

Will it let you do the two-finger swipe?