Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No, it's not really edgy at all. That character just says dumb awkward stuff that gets him into ridiculous situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The airline pilot is trying way to hard to make the pedophilla joke a thing. Which since it's the only joke I understand I guess.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That comic makes me feel like an old man who doesn't get what the kids are into.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Doom's superweapon cache was locked up for a reason Dimitri!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
You think Victor spent time getting the explosion to sound JUST right, should it ever happen?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Bloodly posted:

You think Victor spent time getting the explosion to sound JUST right, should it ever happen?

Doom needed no time, Doom insured it would happen on his first attempt!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Doom needed no time, Doom insured it would happen on his first attempt!

That breaks my suspension of disbelief too much. Now, Reed Richards on the other hand, he could totally do that on the first try.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I smiled at the Upright Citizens Brigade references, at least.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Animosity #1. The comic is about every creature on Earth suddenly being able to communicate.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Aug 4, 2016

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
There was some indie comic with a similar premise, all I remember is a runaway cow being persuaded to return to an abattoir.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dogs being good boys confirmed.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Sad sloths :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

There was some indie comic with a similar premise, all I remember is a runaway cow being persuaded to return to an abattoir.

Duncan the Wonder Dog?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Holy poo poo the pandas :lol:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

They really captured the essence of deer.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Holy poo poo the pandas :lol:

Giant Panda suddenly gains intelligence, realizes it is a pointless and horrible being kept alive because of meddling humanity, pretty good.

Seriously, those animals are goddamn useless in an ecological sense, nothing eats them, they don't help propagate plants, and they can't even eat meat so they don't control prey populations.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Kwyndig posted:

Giant Panda suddenly gains intelligence, realizes it is a pointless and horrible being kept alive because of meddling humanity, pretty good.

Seriously, those animals are goddamn useless in an ecological sense, nothing eats them, they don't help propagate plants, and they can't even eat meat so they don't control prey populations.

They can eat meat. They just don't. They're that stupid.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That comic looks fantastic, I might look that up.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I hope the entire comic is panels of random animals talking just like that, no protagonists.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Someone made a Joker fancomic. I think it is pretty good, but I am not confident in my taste.

http://imgur.com/gallery/PzrlX

EDIT: on the Animosity pages, it is a real neat sequences, especially on the second page when the animals 'wake up'.

Then you have the hamster that realizes what it is doing, and decides it doesn't care. :stare:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 4, 2016

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah, but they're so goddamned adorable I don't want to see them go extinct.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Yeah, but they're so goddamned adorable I don't want to see them go extinct.

This is why I can't read that comic even though it looks amazing, the sad moments will make me way, way too sad. I'm a huge softie for animals. I seriously got really stressed out worrying about what happens to the cat after the guy gets over the initial shock :ohdear:

Desperate suicide pandas are hilarious though.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WickedHate posted:

This is why I can't read that comic even though it looks amazing, the sad moments will make me way, way too sad. I'm a huge softie for animals.

Yeah, that dying dog thing is already sad enough. You know there's going to be more of that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The only animals that die after that are assholes.

e: And that girl's dog is a total Jason Bourne hero.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 4, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

The only animals that die after that are assholes.

All animals are perfect flawless angels, my suspension of disbelief is shattered.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have

Unlucky7 posted:

Someone made a Joker fancomic. I think it is pretty good, but I am not confident in my taste.

EDIT: on the Animosity pages, it is a real neat sequences, especially on the second page when the animals 'wake up'.

Then you have the hamster that realizes what it is doing, and decides it doesn't care. :stare:

Like the comic is kinda a fun idea and enjoyed that, but the funniest part was the jokers chin gets longer each panel until he's full on Jay Leno in the last panel

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I love that Joker fancomic. The idea of the Joker meticulously planning his caper like a comic would a routine plays really well with the character in an original way.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Unlucky7 posted:

Pro-click, I'd read more.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Who was the guy in the blue suit?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 4, 2016

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Decent comic, but...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh when Tim Sale does it y'all can't stop jizzing but one some internet rando does it....

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

trashbuilder posted:

Like the comic is kinda a fun idea and enjoyed that, but the funniest part was the jokers chin gets longer each panel until he's full on Jay Leno in the last panel

Where did "Long-Chin Joker" originally start? In his original appearance, he's certainly narrow-faced, but not with those inhuman facial proportions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
his appearance and methods have changed a lot over the years. i know he had the giant chin when he was serving as the iranian ambassador, so 80's?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

mind the walrus posted:

Oh when Tim Sale does it y'all can't stop jizzing but one some internet rando does it....

I ask honestly: Who? Where is this picture from?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

drat it's like the top and bottom half of this was drawn by different people, from different planets, who hate each other.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Bloodly posted:

I ask honestly: Who? Where is this picture from?

Long Halloween, the one comic everybody used to bring up when discussing whether Jeph Loeb was bad or irredeemably bad.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 4, 2016

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Not a panel, but the cover for Deadpool #16 for Civil War II got a laugh out of me.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Where did "Long-Chin Joker" originally start? In his original appearance, he's certainly narrow-faced, but not with those inhuman facial proportions.

I would say Neal Adams probably. He exaggerates it a little, but by the time you've got Jose Luis Garcia Lopez drawing it, it's pretty crazy. Anyway, it's definitely a Bronze Age thing. Joker didn't appear that much in the Silver Age.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Long Halloween, the one comic everybody used to bring up when discussing whether or not Jeph Loeb was bad.

He is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

See edit.