Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The bifrost precursor was cheaper to get through the collection than buy, but "cheaper" in the sense that it took 800 gold instead of 1500 gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Everyday Goast posted:

Has anyone in the history of Guild Wars made more than two legendaries? I can't even imagine

I have 2 myself, I got the Rogdort pre and bought the Twilight one(with help from a good friend)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Magres posted:

I think 25 is the first level with Agony now. Quick-guide to Agony:

With all that in mind, the cheapest setup available for 150 AR on full Ascended is 6 +9 Infusions and 12 +8 Infusions. Full Ascended is kind of a pain to get though, and a good starter baseline is to get your Ascended Backpack, Rings, Accessories, and Weapons and shove 6 +9s into your Rings and +8s everywhere else. You'll have 102 Agony Resist, and can get another +15 with the Agony Resist potion, which will get you to 117, which is enough to do T3s and a third of the available T4s. If you do T3s every day and the T4s when you can, you'll be rolling in gold and Ascended gear in no time.

If you need Shards of Crystallized Mists Essence for Infusing things, farm the start of Volcanic 82 (you have to mow down a bunch of Grawl), restarting the fractal right after the opening fight with the swarm of Grawl is done. You don't need any Agony Resist for it, and if you ask in guild chat then Goons will open up an instance of it for you. It takes roughly 5 Shards to Infuse 2 rings if you break down Shards into Globs and Globs into Vials as appropriate.

E: If you need people to run lowbie fractals with you (this applies to everyone!) then ask in guild chat. For the experienced fractalers, if someone asks in guild chat for help with baby fractals, GO HELP THEM! The more people we have around who can run T3s and T4s the easier it is to get goon groups going for them, and goon groups >>> pubbies because goons (generally) listen when you explain boss mechanics.

I'm only now starting to delve a bit into Fractals, although I'm probably overgeared at my current level (18) with 60 AR. I've put +5 infusions in my jewellery and armor (still missing 2 pieces of ascended. Leather is expensive.) So I can do quite a bit more before I need more AR. But I'd like to be prepared.

How should I go about building for those +8 and +9 infusions? Just keep processing the +1 ones I get from running Fractals? Is there no point buying infusions from the TP?

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
+8 and +9 are 6 and 11 gold respectively. Going about that is like doubling the gold cost per +1; it's crazy.

+7's only like 3 gold, though

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Right now I've got ascended rings, trinkets, and an amulet. I also have an ascended pistol but I don't think pistol gets much use in Chronomancer PvE so that won't do me much good. Should I prioritize getting ascended swords/shield/focus first, or an ascended backpack?

Also, is there any reason not to just buy a bunch of +7 infusions right away and shove them in my rings/trinkets, or is there a more cost-effective way to get those than just buying them from the TP? I know I won't need them until I get a few fractal levels in but once I do, y'know.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Mine was a gift too.

From me to me.

Pretend I make a really great fat joke here about you being the only person in the world big enough to give yourself a gift without half of you knowing it beforehand.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Has anyone here made the juggernaught? Because im worried that the quicksilver effect will totally gently caress up my princessing. How bad is it?

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
The Juggernaut quicksilver effect is only active when you have the weapon drawn. Can't really say how much it will/won't affect your princessing though, since it's affected by lighting and environment which drastically change how the effect interacts with the dye colors. That said, you might see it and want to redo your dyes all over again to make it pop with the effect even more, it's a pretty neat visual.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

Waci posted:

You can get the tokens in literally any game mode, including sPvP and WvW. If you don't want to do PvE, don't want to do wvW, don't want to do PvP, what loving wonder is it that you don't have end-game rewards that most people never get?

See, you're missing the point. I haven't got them from dungeons because I'm poo poo. I haven't got them from sPvP because that's a scary place that I'm never going to. I haven't got them from WvW because, until now, I didn't realise you could!

I just need to get off my arse and jump in when the other dentists are on a wubwub binge.

Fuxake, this is someone that took 6 years to get GWAMM :D

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

snograt posted:

See, you're missing the point. I haven't got them from dungeons because I'm poo poo. I haven't got them from sPvP because that's a scary place that I'm never going to. I haven't got them from WvW because, until now, I didn't realise you could!

I just need to get off my arse and jump in when the other dentists are on a wubwub binge.

Does cletus still do that thing where he runs dungeons by himself with 4 dentists along trying to sabotage him to no avail?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

snograt posted:

Wait, you said you have gold?

I will literally solo CoE for you until you have the tokens if you pay me.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

snograt posted:

Start the track in spvp and wvw. For wvw, go to SFD wubwub night and then whenever else you feel like it, reset night is good too. I don't like spvp either but you can go into a custom daily room and cheese your dailies for a decent chunk of track each day for no effort.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Harrow posted:

Right now I've got ascended rings, trinkets, and an amulet. I also have an ascended pistol but I don't think pistol gets much use in Chronomancer PvE so that won't do me much good. Should I prioritize getting ascended swords/shield/focus first, or an ascended backpack?

Also, is there any reason not to just buy a bunch of +7 infusions right away and shove them in my rings/trinkets, or is there a more cost-effective way to get those than just buying them from the TP? I know I won't need them until I get a few fractal levels in but once I do, y'know.
In terms of AR, a backpack can eventually hold 2 infusions, but in terms of stat gain you probably get more bang for your buck by going for weapons. I'd probably go for the sword first, then the backpiece. Off-hands are annoying since you need to infuse both of them or remember to stay on one weapon set when the agony comes in, presumably you always have sword equipped though.

If you actually do fractals you'll get a boatload of +1 infusions, use those to buy the +7s and save money. No reason to buy infusions off the TP unless you haven't got enough AR for the levels you're doing.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 3, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

In terms of AR, a backpack can eventually hold 2 infusions, but in terms of stat gain you probably get more bang for your buck by going for weapons. I'd probably go for the sword first, then the backpiece. Off-hands are annoying since you need to infuse both of them or remember to stay on one weapon set when the agony comes in, presumably you always have sword equipped though.

If you actually do fractals you'll get a boatload of +1 infusions, use those to buy the +7s and save money. No reason to buy infusions off the TP unless you haven't got enough AR for the levels you're doing.

Cool, thanks.

Is crafting Zojja's Blade the cheapest way to get an ascended Zerker's sword (barring a lucky drop)?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

tyblazitar posted:

To expand/clarify: There is a new vendor who will sell you infusions for the exact same price as if you have an artificer combining them. So save up your +1s and check that vendor to see when you can buy +7s/+9s. It doesn't sell +8s directly, so you'll need an artificer (or a friend who's an artificer) for that. Also note that the vendor will upgrade other infusions without costing more, so don't hesitate to make lower ones if you need them, you can buy an extractor to get them out of gear and combine them up higher later.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Harrow posted:

Cool, thanks.

Is crafting Zojja's Blade the cheapest way to get an ascended Zerker's sword (barring a lucky drop)?

Yes. You can also get ascended stuff with selectable stats from raids, but a single ascended weapon is pretty easy to craft if you have 100-ish gold.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

What if I spent all my gold on gems

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Waci posted:

Yes. You can also get ascended stuff with selectable stats from raids, but a single ascended weapon is pretty easy to craft if you have 100-ish gold.

Yeah, I've got enough gold to make that happen. That'll be the next step in gearing up, then. I'll probably need two ascended swords eventually (main- and off-hand) but just getting one will be a good start.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

CLAM DOWN posted:

We all know this isn't true, given how much actual money you spend on them.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Zhulik already told us how much he's spent on the gem pact, and it can only be higher for you.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

guildwars 2 currencies are like the bitcoins of mmos

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Magres is dope and does dope things.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
You know who does undope things and let's people into Accounts they shouldn't be able to get into? Support
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Account-hacking-incident

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Other posted:

You know who does undope things and let's people into Accounts they shouldn't be able to get into? Support
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Account-hacking-incident

Lmao of course it happened to Gaile Grey

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This is the first time I've played GW2 with my new SSD and I'm a big fan of how fast areas load. Solid state is pretty nice.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Thanks for the Mastery train Magres, was fun. You're a top bloke.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I did it! Tonight I got the Glorious Medium chestpiece from the sPvP reward track. I am free of the buttcape. It has improved my character's power rangers cosplay considerably.

Edit: I just realized the fact that my character is actually a Ranger makes this so much better. Then on top of it, I'm not running a condition build, therefore my character is, in fact, a Power Ranger. Now I need a bunch of other people to form a properly color coded team with.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 4, 2016

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Met Gaile Grey and Hamm in Bloodstone Fen. Gaile is a ranger and Hamm is a necro.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Hamm blazed past me while I was drifting around popping unstable magic balloons. I felt ashamed of my slowpokery.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

lucifirius posted:

Met Gaile Grey and Hamm in Bloodstone Fen. Gaile is a ranger and Hamm is a necro.

The GW1 wiki claims her in-game avatar was a ranger. Is the GW2 version wearing purple clothes too?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Mizuti posted:

The GW1 wiki claims her in-game avatar was a ranger. Is the GW2 version wearing purple clothes too?

I couldn't see because of the crowd and action.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

if gw2 uses the same engine why dont they port gw1 over

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Mizuti posted:

I did a few silverwastes chest trains that she was also in back in the day and yeah, she still uses purple dyed armour, she just has a unicorn bow now as well.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Any tips for getting around Bloodstone Fen when you're only workin' with updrafts? Because hoo boy, that was a fun adventure last night. I don't think I managed to locate a single event, though I only tried for a half hour or so.

Seems like a really, really cool zone, though.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Same for only gliding and mushrooms 1.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

Any tips for getting around Bloodstone Fen when you're only workin' with updrafts? Because hoo boy, that was a fun adventure last night. I don't think I managed to locate a single event, though I only tried for a half hour or so.

Seems like a really, really cool zone, though.

You can get to any point from the airship with just gliding and updrafts. Porting there and flying is way easier than running to one of the mushrooms/ledges that can get you back up into the air. I do this and I have everything maxed.

Most of the mushrooms are chained together as well, if you have that mastery.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 4, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh yeah, I have mushrooms, too.

Maybe I just need to get back into the swing of using updrafts.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

You can "do" most of the new zone without advanced or leyline gliding yes, but those masteries turn it from a frustrating chore into a super fun experience. Sorry, but as someone who went through that, get those masteries.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
If you have that severe of a learning disability it would make sense to just do the event chain since it requires nothing beyond the first tier of gliding and you'll get literally millions of XP and leave the diving goggles and single flax spawn at the top for last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

trolls are supposed to be funny, go home and eat your wheaties nilgoow

• Locked thread