Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm just going to consider this lady another random/fake troll with stuff like this: https://twitter.com/twright55/status/761058944819224576 edit: did I say fake troll? I meant straight up Russian plant

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

fart blood posted:

Remember, it's only August 4th. Those polls can swing back at any time. Trump got away with a lot of poo poo when he became the nominee, and Hillary is despised by a lot of people, so all Hillary has to do is not say "bless you" when a marine sneezes, and suddenly everyone will hate her again and drift to Trump.

I firmly believe this.

not at all untrue, republicans just have to find something to get their teeth into like some plan to gestate half-human half animal embryos comingfrom the government and blame it on hillary

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Is this the second time a Trump surrogate has blamed Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton for the war in Iraq?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MSNBC has a pair of Trump surrogates on and they're both babbling trying to explain why this whole Khan thing is all a media construction because they're in the tank for Hillary. The anchor is pushing back and quoting Trump's own "attacks" on the Khans and they're sitting there babbling about how "they're not attacks, they're fumbles." Its funny because they're accusing the media of using talking points from the Clinton campaign to use the word "attack" when it couldn't be more clear they're following their own talking points on how to say any word except "attacks"

Also, apparently the election doesn't actually start until Labor Day.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheTatteredKing posted:

Oh god oh god please

https://twitter.com/rorycooper/status/761180871940505600

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/761145827691732992

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Taking a fuckload of pills is neither drinking or smoking

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Puppy Galaxy posted:

i love how trump's racism is a minor personality quirk for the GOP until it extends to one of ARE TROOPS/one of the good ones and then all hell breaks loose. it's like what did you expect ???

It seems like they're fine with the racism in the abstract, but as soon as it's targeted (judge Curiel, Khan) everyone's like "whoa now you've gone too far!"

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/761193736772657156

54% per CNN

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

HappyHippo posted:

It seems like they're fine with the racism in the abstract, but as soon as it's targeted (judge Curiel, Khan) everyone's like "whoa now you've gone too far!"

That's because the GOP is made up of delusional hypocrites whose bullshit is enabled by a cowed media who will never point out exactly what you just said.

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 4, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ahahahh

also god drat
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/761195415714795520

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

This holds across all approval polls over the past week

50/47 PPP
48/49 YouGov
53/46 Rasmussen
52/44 Gallup
52/45 Fox

He's heading into Bill Clinton territory

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nachos posted:

50/47 PPP
48/49 YouGov
53/46 Rasmussen
52/44 Gallup
52/45 Fox

For four years they've been planning to run against Obama's third term and then this happens lmao

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

STAC Goat posted:

For the GOP, it doesn't start until November 9th.

Politifact rates this as "mostly true."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

wow

trump is bad enough to shock nader into sanity

i never thought i'd see the day

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

zoux posted:

In fact, the conservative reaction to those state polls has been "My god he's gonna cost us the House too" lmao

Hillary's going to be able to force everyone's guns to get gay married.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Completely boring compared to the other half of the ticket, but it looks like Mike Pence is a creationist who believes the Earth is only 6000 years old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikax0Y0NJsY

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I know it's too early and poo poo can change and uh oh october surprises but just for this week we should enjoy this.
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/761196586504491008

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

nachos posted:

50/47 PPP
48/49 YouGov
53/46 Rasmussen
52/44 Gallup
52/45 Fox

Yes but I was told by Trump that his rallies prove that people are really tired of Obama and Hillary.

Side tangent, young people bitching about Bernie perplex me. I realize some of them were too young, but do they realize that we (the Democratic primary voters) actually DID change the conversation by nominating Obama rather than Hillary? Like the storyline is that the game is rigged but it's no more rigged now than it was in 2008 when we did exactly what they're saying is impossible to do.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shoeless joe did nothing wrong

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Liz Mair be my conservative crazy anti-Hillary tweeting wife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O11YB5kr5eI

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

For four years they've been planning to run against Obama's third term and then this happens lmao

It's amazing lol. They spent eight years loving with Obama and none of it stuck.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Oh yes, please give the media an excuse to talk about your creepy exotic animal-murdering expeditions. :allears:

Holy poo poo. If even Rasmussen is giving Hillary a decent lead...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

MSNBC has a pair of Trump surrogates on and they're both babbling trying to explain why this whole Khan thing is all a media construction because they're in the tank for Hillary. The anchor is pushing back and quoting Trump's own "attacks" on the Khans and they're sitting there babbling about how "they're not attacks, they're fumbles." Its funny because they're accusing the media of using talking points from the Clinton campaign to use the word "attack" when it couldn't be more clear they're following their own talking points on how to say any word except "attacks"

Wow. He hasn't even started on lyin crooked LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP EMAIL BENGHAZI MOST CORRUPT (((GLOBALIST))) PLANT Hillary yet.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

evilweasel posted:

wow

trump is bad enough to shock nader into sanity

i never thought i'd see the day

darth nader has brought balance to the farce

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

pathetic little tramp posted:

not at all untrue, republicans just have to find something to get their teeth into like some plan to gestate half-human half animal embryos comingfrom the government and blame it on hillary

The counterpoint, though, is that Hillary's been savaged by them for over 20 years now, so the ROI for it is shrinking and she's got battle training. So who the hell knows? I just don't trust idiot voters (I.E. anyone who votes differently from me)

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

zoux posted:

Makes sense, given how unpopular the two candidates are people are starting to realize that Obama isn't so bad after all

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

euphronius posted:

It's amazing lol. They spent eight years loving with Obama and none of it stuck.

once hillary wins someone needs to ask mcconnell if he feels like a failure that not only did he not keep obama a one-term president he's now got a third term :smugdog:

actually just ask him if he feels like a failure generally there's a lot more that he should feel bad about than just that

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump going after paul ryan is really making my day
it puts a spring in my step
a sparkle in my eye

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Everyone go look at the 538 nowcast

lol

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

How many seats are the dems down in the house

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PDP-1 posted:

Crossposting from the half dead down-ballot thread, but this will be interesting to watch if it turns into a trend in heavy (R) states:

Resurrecting this post. The confluence of Tea Party activists, people that loathe Tea Part activists, and people that loathe Trump is going to make the downballet exceedingly interesting to watch.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I knew it! Trumps destruction of the GOP is inevitable and I am glad I am alive to see it

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

fart blood posted:

The counterpoint, though, is that Hillary's been savaged by them for over 20 years now, so the ROI for it is shrinking and she's got battle training. So who the hell knows? I just don't trust idiot voters (I.E. anyone who votes differently from me)

Right, and Obama's at 50+% approvals and Hillary is actually relatively close to where she needs to be and in the meantime Congress has approval ratings somewhere around cancer and Hitler.

If Trump gets the GOP blown out in November I think we'll see the non-Freedom caucus bend the knee.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

Liz Mair be my conservative crazy anti-Hillary tweeting wife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O11YB5kr5eI

lol they commenters are mad

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Yes but I was told by Trump that his rallies prove that people are really tired of Obama and Hillary.

Side tangent, young people bitching about Bernie perplex me. I realize some of them were too young, but do they realize that we (the Democratic primary voters) actually DID change the conversation by nominating Obama rather than Hillary? Like the storyline is that the game is rigged but it's no more rigged now than it was in 2008 when we did exactly what they're saying is impossible to do.

Moreover, the Obama and Bernie episodes and the cabinet experience changed Hillary for the better (or, at least, that's the appearance). Maybe she's just got better at concealing the fact that she triangulates every drat position she takes, but she comes across as more driven by a broad set of well-thought-out principles than she used to.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
thanks friend ben

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Congress polls worse than cockroaches I think was the story on cnn

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Slate Action posted:

Everyone go look at the 538 nowcast

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Am I the only one who thinks Joe is wildly exaggerating the sentiment in this quote? Dude can't even say "vote for Hillary" still.

• Locked thread