Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Edmund Lava posted:

Winning with 47 electoral votes still on the board is too close for comfort? Looks like a great map to me. Also Trumps not winning NH or VA, and I'm still skeptical of Hillary winning AZ.

so if we flip AZ suddenly trump is in the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

max4me posted:

So I keep getting into it on fb comments with friends of friends about trump they all seem to jump to hilary and I was even asked to watch this 1 hour youtube video

https://youtu.be/ZY5Qz3RJ0B0

It really is a broken record. When faced with anything negative about trump its, Hilary is only ahead cause she cheats and lies. Look at how the liberial media is making it seem like her gathers are full but they are really almost empty. How could you vote for her.

So far on the list against trump I go

1. Shat on goldstar family
2. Took a fake purple heart
3. Shat on fire fighters
4. Possible Ties to russia

Am I missing anything?

Just recently, or you counting older stuff too?

- Referred to all/most Mexicans as drug dealers and rapists, an undeniably bigoted statement.
- Probably committed fraud with Trump University, but conveniently that case won't be resolved until after the election.
- Related to the above two, suggested the judge in the Trump University case is biased because of his Mexican ancestry.
- Has a history of not paying people who worked for him.

Also that link is a brief advertisement, not an hour-long video?

Mountaineer fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 4, 2016

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

max4me posted:

So I keep getting into it on fb comments with friends of friends about trump they all seem to jump to hilary and I was even asked to watch this 1 hour youtube video

It really is a broken record. When faced with anything negative about trump its, Hilary is only ahead cause she cheats and lies. Look at how the liberial media is making it seem like her gathers are full but they are really almost empty. How could you vote for her.

3. Shat on fire fighters

Am I missing anything?

Kicked a crying baby out of one of his rallies.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Made fun of a disabled reporter

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Failboattootoot posted:

Kicked a crying baby out of one of his rallies.

This list could go on for days. Does it matter? Are there really people out there who are voting for Trump that would look at any of the godawful things about him and say "holy poo poo! I didn't know THAT. This changes my mind!"

Trump voters have to be the most calcified because there is no other way he should even have one percent of the vote.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

FairGame posted:

This list could go on for days. Does it matter? Are there really people out there who are voting for Trump that would look at any of the godawful things about him and say "holy poo poo! I didn't know THAT. This changes my mind!"

Trump voters have to be the most calcified because there is no other way he should even have one percent of the vote.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Pres/Maps/Aug04.html#item-12

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

max4me posted:

3. Shat on fire fighters

Am I missing anything?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/07/donald_trump_is_unfit_to_be_president_here_are_141_reasons_why.html

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Iron Crowned posted:

Republicans should be able to read the writing on the wall and be resolved to 4 years of Abuela,

Remember that Romney didn't even have a concession speech prepared.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

max4me posted:

Am I missing anything?

5. Nukes are on the table with everything.
6. Fire Marshals are Democrats for doing their job.
7. Mexicans are rapists.
8. Meghan Kelly must be on her period for asking hard questions.
9. Has tiny hands.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
^^^^ oh gently caress I read that in jacks voice

Oh I am sorry, wasnt clear on that.

See I am dealing with conservatives, of the rush Limbaugh and Fox News variety.

I try to nail trump on poo poo that they in theory should agree is awful.

If I bring up the racist poo poo well to them thats a plus.

Thats why making GBS threads on the military and firefighters should sink him because any conservative should agree thats bad. Or at least I expect them to

Same with hating on a baby.

I guess no releasing his tax returns.

And being a pussy about debating Clinton

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007
So this new Melania scandal should extend the meltdown at least a couple more days, right?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

FairGame posted:

Anecdotally there is a limit to this stuff with some conservatives. I have 2 deeply conservative friends that I talk politics with on occasion, one business first libertarian and the other an evangelical and both of them are at least saying they hate Trump and aren't voting for him and are generally mystified at his bullshit. Now, post-conventions, is exactly the time to have this info available because there are a fair chunk of people who don't tune in to the elections at all until right around now.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I might die from blood loss of Melina gets deported

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sensible Thursday posted:

So this new Melania scandal should extend the meltdown at least a couple more days, right?

"So this new scandal should extend the meltdown at least a couple more days, right?" is what I expect most people here are buckled up for all the way to November.

Trump never "ends" a scandal. He just says some poo poo that's worse than the last thing he said.

And even when someone or something takes the spotlight away from him, he just goes off and says some poo poo anyway, because he can't stand not being talked about.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Sensible Thursday posted:

what scandal is this?
<goes to check Politico>
Ooh, some issue with her Immigration?

I know a famous immigration lawyer who may be able to help? Hey Khan, are you busy?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
If I had to put a bet on the defining, over-arching quote of Trump's campaign--the one you'd put at the beginning of a book to set the tone--it would be "All I did was respond. And I will always respond." He said that in reference to the Khan thing, but it appears to be true of literally anything anyone says about him in public or private and regardless of context. Meanwhile, one of the keys to presidential campaigning since god knows when is NOT responding on unwinnable issues

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

max4me posted:

Thats why making GBS threads on the military and firefighters should sink him because any conservative should agree thats bad. Or at least I expect them to

I've tried with some of my friends and this is a losing battle. They will just deflect to Hillary since Trump is indefensible. Save your energy for something more productive.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oh man I hope this immigrant thing is real just to hear why in her case it's A-ok and what the difference is. :allears:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Late but this is brutal :lol::lol::lol:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Cimber posted:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/ has it at Clinton:273, Trump:218 with 47 ties. Too loving close for comfort.
any map that has AZ as being more likely to go to the dems than OH and FL, and then VA as leans GOP, is total poo poo-tier and to be ignored

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Rasmussen (!) 4-way: Clinton +4 (Clinton 44, Trump 40, Johnson 6, Stein 3)

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I might die from blood loss of Melina gets deported

Has anybody referred to Barron as an anchor baby yet?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That video of the money being taken from cargo planes was released as part of a Farsi documentary on American spies. Time stamped it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXJGPwXCK8Q&t=463s

So huffpost is dumb, and this obviously wasn't classified.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Regular Nintendo posted:

Late but this is brutal :lol::lol::lol:

An unequivocal :master: right there.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

nachos posted:

I've tried with some of my friends and this is a losing battle. They will just deflect to Hillary since Trump is indefensible. Save your energy for something more productive.

I am inclined to agree with you but its good to make an effort.

Infact you make a good point, they cant defend trump so it defaults to hilary baaad.

I really want the GOP to break and the self identified conservatives to ether go full racist, or GTFO

When Mitt lost they forgot about how he was made nominee, and just said well he wasnt a real conservative. I wanna them to admit trump isnt a conservative now, so they will have to agree with why he lost.

(again I am working within their frame work)

The RNC losing life long supporters/workers is very damaging.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

FairGame posted:

From what I've seen, the most stubborn Trump supporters only respond to his idiocy by doubling down even harder to save their pride. Giving up would mean admitting the Enemy is right or, more importantly, that you are wrong/fooled by an obvious conman. The Sunk Costs Fallacy is a good component of them.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

emdash posted:

If I had to put a bet on the defining, over-arching quote of Trump's campaign--the one you'd put at the beginning of a book to set the tone--it would be "All I did was respond. And I will always respond." He said that in reference to the Khan thing, but it appears to be true of literally anything anyone says about him in public or private and regardless of context. Meanwhile, one of the keys to presidential campaigning since god knows when is NOT responding on unwinnable issues

I noticed this a few weeks ago, yeah. Trump is always on defense. He has no coherent ideas regarding policy or anything else, so he just waits for people to snipe at him and then spends all his airtime firing back. That worked well in the Republican primary, where his opponents were mostly a gaggle of stuffed suits too timid and too hamstrung by their constituencies to really dig at him, but now he's being exposed to criticism from all different races and classes of people from all over the country and he's losing his nerve trying to keep on top of it all. He's not even able to really get started on Hillary because she's got too many surrogates calling him out and compelling him to waste time on them instead.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

sean10mm posted:

An unequivocal :master: right there.

I really hope Nixon can't find a way out. And then gets assigned another. And another. Then the full workload of a normal public defender.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Radish posted:

Oh man I hope this immigrant thing is real just to hear why in her case it's A-ok and what the difference is. :allears:

"It's because she's hot and white"

*numbers don't budge*

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

smg77 posted:

Has anybody referred to Barron as an anchor baby yet?

Attacks kids is dumb and low and I hope no one sinks to that level

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

max4me posted:

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/you-have-read-amazing-tweetstorm-jeb-bushs-national-security-adviser-about-trump

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

emdash posted:

Rasmussen (!) 4-way: Clinton +4 (Clinton 44, Trump 40, Johnson 6, Stein 3)

Up from +1 last week. Which means she's up like 10 because lol Rasmussen

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Volkerball posted:

That video of the money being taken from cargo planes was released as part of a Farsi documentary on American spies. Time stamped it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXJGPwXCK8Q&t=463s

So huffpost is dumb, and this obviously wasn't classified.

yes, this became clear last night, and it doesn't make Trump's campaign look any less stupid because it was their assertion that it was TS: https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/761071479844773888

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

How long has the GOP base been so angry? For all the Trump hate I see from liberals there are very few calls to imprison or hang him.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9FyP16nWT8
:qq: why isn't donald trump taking advantage of the GOP electorate's gullibility with the usual bullshit and which I've spent my entire life cultivating? :qq:

Host is hilarious: "well at least no one is talking about Clinton" :sweatdrop:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

max4me posted:

Which Jack? Because I could see Trump as Handsome Jack from Borderlands.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

bowser posted:

How long has the GOP base been so angry? For all the Trump hate I see from liberals there are very few calls to imprison or hang him.

I'm thinking probably since Obama was elected in '08, but who knows, in some smaller pockets it probably goes back earlier.

vvv That's probably true. I barely remember the Clinton years--I was old enough to remember them, but I was a kid so I wasn't paying much attention to politics beyond lazy Lewinsky jokes--so I have no idea if there was this much anger on the right then.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 4, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bowser posted:

Probably since Rush Limbaugh came on-air. You can find a pretty clear divide between the pre-Limbaugh and post-Limbaugh American right. Obviously the attitudes were there, but Limbaugh gave them a voice they hadn't had before.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#now It's gotten up to his eyes. I know, Nowcast and all, but lol.

The poo poo is beginning to block out his face as his dead eyes stare over a solid bar of blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

emdash posted:

Today's polls so far. :eyepop:

The NowCast has Hillary taking 360 EVs lol

If the trend continues, we're talking about a complete and total stomp.

• Locked thread