Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kerrrrrrr posted:

everyone knows Espeon is the best and coolest eeveelution anyways~

No Empoleon is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Reinanigans posted:

I mostly meant Umbreon, yeah.

Weavile is objectively a strong 'mon, but it looks so much worse than Sneasel who is cool and good.

Weavile is cool and good:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Well poo poo. Pokemon got dark.

the first game has a tower dedicated to dead pokemon where you fight the ghost of one that was killed by the mob

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Senerio posted:

Weavile is cool and good:

Sorry. The dopey "crown" doesn't do it for me. Sneasel was sleek and cool. v:shobon:v

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Weavile and Sneasel are both awesome :3:

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Is anyone else getting this error when trying to log into the Global Link site right now?

quote:

Oops! It seems that Pokemon.com has had an unexpected error. Don't worry; the site administrators have already been notified and they'll try to have the problem fixed soon.

EDIT: vvvv Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the heads up.

Squats fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 4, 2016

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Is anyone else getting this error when trying to log into the Global Link site right now?

Pokemon Go is still making all the account-based website stuff really unstable.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

less laughter posted:

No Empoleon is

yeah true

so i got an email saying i can go to a gamestop and get an Arceus code. is this a thing i should do? i've never gotten a fancy pokemon like this. i am intrigued by the thought of taking the Literal God Pokemon around and beating up schoolkid trainers with it

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
Does anyone have any tips on how to get my pokemon good enough to beat Red in Soul Silver (level 80-ish)? I've been trying to hunt down a lucky egg from a chansey, but I think chances are higher of finding a shiny than that drat thing.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Kerrrrrrr posted:

yeah true

so i got an email saying i can go to a gamestop and get an Arceus code. is this a thing i should do? i've never gotten a fancy pokemon like this. i am intrigued by the thought of taking the Literal God Pokemon around and beating up schoolkid trainers with it

I mean, if you want an Arceus sure. Its really no big deal. A lot of people hate going to gamestop for codes but :shrug:

Wifi distribution is even easier obviously but just walk in and ask for a card. Sometimes they give you extra!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Bartie posted:

Does anyone have any tips on how to get my pokemon good enough to beat Red in Soul Silver (level 80-ish)? I've been trying to hunt down a lucky egg from a chansey, but I think chances are higher of finding a shiny than that drat thing.

i ended up beating him with a lvl 72 electabuzz/ 71 espeon / 70 heracross/ 72 feraligator + revives

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

Bartie posted:

Welp...

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Bartie posted:

If you have a compound eyes Pokemon out front it increases the chance of wild Pokemon holding items. I usually then have a dude with frisk on standby that I send out to see if a Pokemon is holding lucky egg/metal coat/king's rock/whatever

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

compound eyes works even if the lead pokemon is fainted, meaning you can send out the second-slot monster with frisk immediately and still get the benefit

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Sorry dude, the gen 2 games and their remakes just have a terrible level curve. Even with the egg there's still a ways to go. If you can manage to beat at least one of Red's pokemon at your current level, you could always grind experience off him. Just make sure to spend all your cash on items first.

Good to see you've got the best pokemon on your team, at least!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is there a Pokemon version of the Tarrasque?

Ooh, or a bullette? If there's no land shark I'm kind of shocked.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

everyone knows Espeon is the best and coolest eeveelution anyways~

this checks out

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

greatn posted:

There is a landshark, friend

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Christo posted:

Sorry dude, the gen 2 games and their remakes just have a terrible level curve. Even with the egg there's still a ways to go. If you can manage to beat at least one of Red's pokemon at your current level, you could always grind experience off him. Just make sure to spend all your cash on items first.

Good to see you've got the best pokemon on your team, at least!

That Nidorino is blue.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Bartie posted:

Honestly, if you exploit type weaknesses, STAB, and items, you should be good to go with a high-50s team.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

greatn posted:

a landshark

a land shark

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

less laughter posted:

Smogon tier changes for August:

Trevenant moved from RU to NU
Fan Rotom moved from NU to PU
Shaymin-L moved from UU to RU
Tornadus-I moved from BL2 to UU
Mega Heracross moved from BL to OU
Slurpuff moved from UU to RU
Quagsire moved from OU to UU
Muk moved from NU to PU
Cacturne moved from NU to PU
Smeargle moved from NU to PU
Gurdurr moved from RU to NU
Pelipper moved from NU to PU
Tangrowth moved from RU to OU

I'm proud of Tangrowth. Also RU lookin like a Bad Meta now.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Also it's not so hard to grind in the post-game. Seek out the phone numbers of gym leaders and constantly ask them to rematches during their window of availability. Fight the upgraded Elite Four that comes out once you beat Blue. Most trainers that you can call up are pretty decent in level at that point too. It's a hell of a lot easier than it was in GSC, at least.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

Ooh, or a bullette?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

my strategy to beat red was to trade my guys over to platinum and use the 15 rare candies i never used to get guys to mid 60s with my typhlosion at about 70. then i beat him

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What about a mindflayer or beholder?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

What about a mindflayer

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
yall are going to look so silly when flareon gets buffed in sun/moon

callin it now

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

Thanks a lot for the help! I had no idea about compound eyes. I caught a Nincada in the bug hunt now and I'll try my luck in the safari zone. 1% encounter rate for chanseys is a bit harsh.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tangrowth is one of the biggest offenders in a bad final evo that ruins the orig!!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

you can beat Red with level 50-60 pokemon if you're good at the game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

tangrowth is one of the biggest offenders in a bad final evo that ruins the orig!!!

this has crossed the line. You are hereby banned from the Pokemon Megathread.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it looks stupid

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
They should definitely allow Missingno. into pokebank but like have it turn into Hoopa unbound or some new weirdo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Super No Vacancy posted:

Tangrowth is cute and good friendo

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Super No Vacancy posted:

it looks stupid

Turn on your computer screen

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Super No Vacancy posted:

it looks stupid

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Boomstick Quaid posted:

They should definitely allow Missingno. into pokebank but like have it turn into Hoopa unbound or some new weirdo

Porygon-Z

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rafza posted:

yall are going to look so silly when flareon gets buffed in sun/moon

callin it now

unfortunately, Alola Eevee does not evolve into Flareon, instead it evolves into Drakeon, Spookeon, and Metaleon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
tangrowth looks so much better without dots in its eyes.

• Locked thread