Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Gyges posted:

If it wasn't for Kansas, we'd be looking at an outside shot at all the blue being linked from sea to shining sea. And Florida too.
If you count a split Nebraska and assume a blue Az, you could drive from portland, OH to Miami, FL with a stop in Boston, MA without leaving a 'blue' state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's mostly background-development miniarcs for some of the earlier side characters. Finding Rand Paul left me shrugging my shoulders, but Into the Green Mountains was fantastic.

I wish this were a thing now. The early donators can get campaign swag from all the failed candidates. Highlight of the set would be one of the brand guacabowles of course

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx

Koalas March posted:

Hello thread!

hello

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Koalas March posted:

Hello thread!

trump insults one baby and suddenly goons are climbing aboard the hillwagon :rolleye:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Constant Hamprince posted:

trump insults one baby and suddenly goons are climbing aboard the hillwagon :rolleye:

All are welcome here.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Look, not everyone can be the first person on the Hillwagon.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, that baby was being kind of a dick.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Calm your tits, enjoy the gifs.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

Obama won't withdraw the nomination, and I really doubt Clinton would either should he not get confirmed before she's sworn in since it confirm that picking him was purely about politics and not about putting forward a serious candidate.

That being said, RBG is 83 and Kennedy is 80 so Clinton will more than likely be replacing both of them in her first term, and Breyer who is 77 in her second with maybe Thomas who is 68 also being replaced.

Obama will withdraw the nomination and nominate someone else if it comes to that. He's not going to give the Republicans a handout after everything that's happened.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Vox Nihili posted:

Obama will withdraw the nomination and nominate someone else if it comes to that. He's not going to give the Republicans a handout after everything that's happened.

Yes. This is what I am hoping for. That would be best case scenario; the new president doesn't have to spend any of her political capital immediately upon entering office because Obama in the Obama gives no fucks portion of his presidency basically speeds away with one giant last middle finger to the Republican Party.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Obama isn't going to yank Garland's nom, he's not playing games with loving SCOTUS seats.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Obama isn't going to yank Garland's nom, he's not playing games with loving SCOTUS seats.

It's this.

Obama's biggest fault is that he still wants to be seen as bipartisan as possible even in the face of the GOP behaving like spoiled little shits. Pulling the Garland nod would be going against the entire image he's cultivated as the first black president being level headed and not a vindictive poo poo, plus he's too smart and too concerned about how history will judge him to pull that nomination.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zoux posted:

The only one playing games is the Republican Party. Obama should get the most out of the opening, not let them have a halfway-victory after all this poo poo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

The only one playing games is the Republican Party. Obama should get the most out of the opening, not let them have a halfway-victory after all this poo poo.

So you aren't one of the ones who thinks that Obama deliberately picked a more centrist nominee to highlight the intransigence of the GOP? Because you seem to be implying that his first choice is a pawn.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

I agree. Obama can withdraw the nomination under the guise of if Hillary wants to renominate him, she can, it is her decision now.
Edit: Also I believe Obama hates the Republicans just enough to do this.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zoux posted:

So you aren't one of the ones who thinks that Obama deliberately picked a more centrist nominee to highlight the intransigence of the GOP? Because you seem to be implying that his first choice is a pawn.

I think his pick is an acceptable option for him, but he also chose Garland to demonstrate the Republicans' obstinacy.

It was definitely a centrist pick, anyway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

I think his pick is an acceptable option for him, but he also chose Garland to demonstrate the Republicans' obstinacy.

It was definitely a centrist pick, anyway.

So you think he is playing games then.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zoux posted:

I don't think that's "playing games." Garland was a legitimate nomination that also exacted a political toll on the GOP. It was a savvy move.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Obama just has to go "Na y'all were right. We'll let the next president decide" come December.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The safest of toxxes has become boring. We need a separate thread for toxxing on specific minimum EC thresholds.

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

Discendo Vox posted:

The safest of toxxes has become boring. We need a separate thread for toxxing on specific minimum EC thresholds.

I would appreciate this too.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

zoux posted:

"The president performed his duties in a way that also furthered his political agenda. We go now live to Thomas Conway in France. Tom, do you think President Washington went too far this time?"

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Jonked posted:

"The president performed his duties in a way that also furthered his political agenda. We go now live to Thomas Conway in France. Tom, do you think President Washington went too far this time?"

:roflolmao::roflolmao:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Discendo Vox posted:

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

I would appreciate this too.

I know it's a ways off, but things will probably take us safely back in :derp: territory once we get to the first debate.

Of course Trump could always pull his campaign out of its tailspin by adopting more responsible strategy and refraining froHahahahahahhaha sorry, sorry. I couldn't- just give me a minute to catch my breath here, whew.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I know it's a ways off, but things will probably take us safely back in :derp: territory once we get to the first debate.

I know, dude! :ssh: just trying to get the forums some additional revenue here!

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Of course Trump could always pull his campaign out of its tailspin by adopting more responsible strategy and refraining froHahahahahahhaha sorry, sorry. I couldn't- just give me a minute to catch my breath here, whew.

:roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Maybe Trump's hoping his polls drop so low they overflow and jump to 64,000%.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

DemeaninDemon posted:

Maybe Trump's hoping his polls drop so low they overflow and jump to 64,000%.

trump (trump!) wouldn't know enough about computers to come up with a buffer underrun strategy. Maybe a Manafort plan from his russian hacker allies?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Hillary Clinton will get at least 309 electoral votes :toxx:

I started the bar low lets go chums.

Edit: I reserve the right the revise my prediction if we make Toxxes based on accurate maps, cause I love maps.

Double edit: I'm willing to start an EV map toxx thread if you guys are down. Winner based of closest without going over, and accurate map gets a forums upgrade on me.

Edmund Lava has issued a correction as of 07:04 on Aug 5, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/CarolanRoss/status/760591701450760193?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

nice

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Edmund Lava posted:

Double edit: I'm willing to start an EV map toxx thread if you guys are down. Winner based of closest without going over, and accurate map gets a forums upgrade on me.

That'd be incredibly generous- great idea!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

we'd get more participation if an account wasn't on the line. lower stakes I know, but even though I'm really confident about the PV margins I feel like the state polling + the uncertainty of GOTV and turnout makes it too soon to predict the EC.

also a toxx thread would have a bunch of boring predictions stolen from sam wang.

just a thought. I appreciate people wanting to raise the stakes + fund the lowtax college fund though.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Yeah thinking maybe just go for pride and prizes. I'll put it up tonight.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Edmund Lava posted:

Yeah thinking maybe just go for pride and prizes. I'll put it up tonight.

I was going to say this is the sort of angle you should take. I dunno if you participated, but the sheep games we did periodically in D&D always had good participation and they usually just had minor prizes ('cert that one time Arkane actually put up some of his own money. Joementum took the pot, rear end Cobra got second....and I came in third.)

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hahahahahaha it includes Georgia ahahahahhahaaha suck a dick Trump.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Welp, that quantum waveform should collapse early in the evening.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
just realized i made fun of boosted for not toxxing for trump, so here i am to officially toxx for the devil incarnate

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

a helpful bear posted:

just realized i made fun of boosted for not toxxing for trump, so here i am to officially toxx for the devil incarnate

In very slight fairness to Boosted, he took on the Trump toxx thread at my suggestion and so it wasn't like he did that as a way to have his toxx cake and eat it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Bill gona be Bill

• Locked thread