Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

After finally waking up and looking at my godawful tatters of a list, I'm going to pick Shane Prince who might be an NHL player of some description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Wow, I forgot this thread existed for a few days after I picked Lavvy. I don't know if it's good or concerning that none of the other players on my shortlist were taken in the last 25 or so picks.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mentholmoose posted:

Wow, I forgot this thread existed for a few days after I picked Lavvy. I don't know if it's good or concerning that none of the other players on my shortlist were taken in the last 25 or so picks.

It means they are bad picks. Send them to me and I will dispose of the list while you make a new one.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild select Mike Reilly for a hometown discount. Our scouting says he's a strong skater and puck mover and needs to work on his physical game that means we can give him sheltered minutes while he gets swoll.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

lazerwolf posted:

Minnesota Wild select Mike Reilly for a hometown discount. Our scouting says he's a strong skater and puck mover and needs to work on his physical game that means we can give him sheltered minutes while he gets swoll.

I picked him last year thinking he'd be a steal but it didn't work out so much. Hopefully he's got his feet under him this season (if only because I have an undue affinity for him)

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I just realized I have to draft four goalies because one is essentially non-existent and Luongo can't actually be a back-up if he's technically dead. At least I have Pat Maroon.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators select Slater Koekkeok. Looks set to take a bigger role in Tampa Bay after only playing 9 games last year and averaging 9 minutes per game. He's 22 and should have the skills to become an effective puck moving and mobile defenseman.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Technetium posted:

The Nashville Predators select Slater Koekkeok. Looks set to take a bigger role in Tampa Bay after only playing 9 games last year and averaging 9 minutes per game. He's 22 and should have the skills to become an effective puck moving and mobile defenseman.

You son of a whore

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Technetium missed his picking window so was skipped at noon, Metapod can pick but was skipped at 2, Ginette Reno has until 4 to pick followed by FBS and stab

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Aye Doc posted:

Technetium missed his picking window so was skipped at noon, Metapod can pick but was skipped at 2, Ginette Reno has until 4 to pick followed by FBS and stab

Tech picked koekkoek unless im crazy. How many hours until my abomination of a pick again?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stab posted:

Tech picked koekkoek unless im crazy. How many hours until my abomination of a pick again?

he picked, just a few minutes late so for timekeeping purposes he got "skipped"

your pick comes up at 6 if nobody picks before then

i'm around tonight if anyone needs to send a list

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

when Ginette Reno gets skipped go ahead and skip me too, I'll make my pick when I get home tonight

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Take me Justin Schultz I guess. Hopefully his stellar play on the Pens wasn't a once in a life time thing.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Take me Justin Schultz I guess. Hopefully his stellar play on the Pens wasn't a once in a life time thing.

you dick

his play everywhere was great & brilliant and he is a shining star

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

you dick

his play everywhere was great & brilliant and he is a shining star

He was fantastic. He even looked good defensively. It was bizarre.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh also that means stab can pick followed by Paulocaust since FBS said to skip him

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Flyinglemur posted:

You son of a whore

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Motherfucker.

3rd round in a row my pick goes right before I pick. What in the flying gently caress.

I need a cheap hopefully not super lovely 6d

I have no clue

gently caress it, watch this guy have like a career ending injury I don't about or benefits of playing on a good team as a lovely player (more likely)

Trevor Van Riemsdyk

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

stab posted:

Motherfucker.

3rd round in a row my pick goes right before I pick. What in the flying gently caress.

I need a cheap hopefully not super lovely 6d

I have no clue

gently caress it, watch this guy have like a career ending injury I don't about or benefits of playing on a good team as a lovely player (more likely)

Trevor Van Riemsdyk

As the resident Blackhawks fan I will give you the run down on what to expect: he was pushed out of the lineup by Rob Scuderi.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

bottom six wingers are so boring

I'll take Patrick Wiercioch to complete my budget bottom pairing of dudes I wish the Jets had signed.

Saad - Scheifele - Puljujarvi
Comeau - Anisimov - Hemsky
xxx - D. Strome - R. Strome
xxx - Burmistrov - xxx

OEL - Byfuglien
Johns - Green
Wiercioch - Redmond

Talbot

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Paulocaust can pick whenever as he was skipped. ThinkTank has until 8:54

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Just got back in the country; my apologies guys. How many picks am I behind?

I'm going to pick the same player twice in Simon Despres and Ben Lovejoy -- Though Despres is a bit bigger and probably moves the puck a bit better.

and I ned some PKing and some speed, so I'm going to go for Josh Jooris. This is the fun part of the draft where everyone is garbage and my picks are still around days later.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Otis Reddit posted:

Just got back in the country; my apologies guys. How many picks am I behind?

I'm going to pick the same player twice in Simon Despres and Ben Lovejoy -- Though Despres is a bit bigger and probably moves the puck a bit better.

and I ned some PKing and some speed, so I'm going to go for Josh Jooris. This is the fun part of the draft where everyone is garbage and my picks are still around days later.

that caught you up

The RECAPITATOR is up, followed by Otis Reddit and Boomer the Cannon

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Are you making GBS threads me?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Eric Gudbranson because he's an NHL defenceman.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
more like Eric Badbranson

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
We have officially reached the desperation point of the draft

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Give me Jacob Markstrom because he'll be a good 1B for the 25-30 games Neuvirth will be injured.

Neal-Getzlaf-P Kane
Ladd-Jenner-Marleau
Stalberg-Lazar-Fast

Seabrook-Weber
Enstrom-Ceci
Mueller-??

Neuvirth
Markstrom

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The RECAPITATOR is skipped at 11:16

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tofes posted:

more like Eric Badbranson

Despite having one of the bottom 3 defences in the league, I now have a trio of the current Canucks full time defencemen. I am killing it here. :smug:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

Despite having one of the bottom 3 defences in the league, I now have a trio of the current Canucks full time defencemen. I am killing it here. :smug:

Yes...but you are missing one more....he calls your name.....you know you must draft him....

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Is it just me or is the Canucks' roster the worst in the league? I don't think they're the worst team in the league but it's basically a bunch of bad players, underwhelming prospects, and the Sedins

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

tofes posted:

Is it just me or is the Canucks' roster the worst in the league? I don't think they're the worst team in the league but it's basically a bunch of bad players, underwhelming prospects, and the Sedins

The Leafs' is close but Matthews at least gives them some promise.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Otis is skipped, so Toronto takes Adam McQuaid.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
So uh....I have no Defense and it turns out all the real people who play Defense are gone so the Mighty Ducks select Mark Borowiecki.

Good Soldier you are up.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Let's round out this defense with the recently signed Martin Marincin

He played a lot of minutes on a really bad team and came out looking pretty damned good. On top of that he signed for dirt-cheap for some reason. I think he can bring stability to the bottom pairing with Zadorov (and whoever the #7 is) and shift up if and when injuries break Maatta.
And just look at those hands! Butter soft.

Rieder - Monahan - Tarasenko
Nash - Staal - Pominville
Wilson - Soderberg- Roussel
X - X - X

Maatta - Jones
De Haan - Parayko
Zadorov - Marincin

Mentholmoose

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 5, 2016

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Gimme Brandon Davidson, whose HERO Charts look good for a third pairing D-man.

Aye Doc is up.

Daniel Sedin-Tyler Seguin-Jake Voracek
Sam Bennett-Nicklas Backstrom-Travis Konecny
Andrew Cogliano-Tomas Plekanec-J.T. Miller

Sami Vatanen-Michael Stone
Julius Honka-Dan Hamhuis
Brandon Davidson-x

Ben Bishop

Coach: Peter Laviolette

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Davidson is really solid and I was surprised he lasted this long

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the Florida Panthers complete their top 6 with an Alexei Marchenko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh poo poo its a good thing I checked this before going to work. Picking in a hurry so, uh, the Flames will take one Marcus Kruger because he is a good bottom 6 guy on a good contract.

e: tofes is up

• Locked thread