Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Sorry I was going secondhand by twitter

E: here's a vine
https://twitter.com/TrumpStudents/status/760955778241007616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Grey Fox posted:

Trump has managed to simultaneously occupy every position on every big issue that's come his way so far. His entire campaign his been built on his ability to change his mind on a whim. Please tell me why THIS latest example of his hypocrisy is going to turn NEW people away when everything else hasn't yet.

The bar for Trump right now is so low that ANY chance of sympathy is going to be seized upon. That's fine if the media wants to push on Melania, but it won't help Clinton.

Have you no imagination? Do you have any idea how amazing it would be if we could get Trump to call for his own wife's deportation?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

zimboe posted:

You wouldn't gripe so much about illegals if we were being invaded by millions of smokin' hot Eastern European fashion models.
Oh, sorry, that's sexist, innit

go away.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

So is Trump's avoidance of publishing his tax returns actually nothing to do with tax avoidance but actually to cover for the fact he isn't as rich and successful as he claims?

Oh yeah, that's what people have been saying all along.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Atoramos posted:

I disagree. This is about Trump running on a campaign to deport all of the illegals over his wall, while being married to a person he would want exempt from such a policy. His shtick is that 'all the good ones can come back in legally'. While it would be a Bad Idea for Hillary to use this as ammo, uncovering it leaves him seriously vulnerable to an attack from the right and further criticism from the media about hypocrisy.

No one cares if Donald Trump is being a hypocrite. He has done far worse, and attacking the candidates spouse is a loving stupid move for someone in the lead.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

zoux posted:

Oh yeah, that's what people have been saying all along.

Ah, ok. I thought he was just being shifty about tax issues.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"Ah yes the ghosts are the good guys"
-someone who has ever heard of pac man

poo poo, they don't even do a Ms. PAC man joke. Sad!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

So is Trump's avoidance of publishing his tax returns actually nothing to do with tax avoidance but actually to cover for the fact he isn't as rich and successful as he claims? Isn't attacking Trump on that front the golden bullet? He would simply disintegrate if the talking point was that he was a financial failure. That is the one thing that is vital to his ego.
The speculation is that he's still... probably, maybe a billionaire, but not anywhere close to the TEN BILLION DOLLAR net worth he claims.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah, ok. I thought he was just being shifty about tax issues.

I mean he could both be avoiding taxes AND making less than he claims. I bet the Trump tax returns would be hilarious.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I am thoroughly of a mind that Trump is not a billionaire if you discount his "my brand is worth three billion dollars" nonsense and that he is perpetually mortified that someone will find out.

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
"We're not attacking Melania. We just want everyone who comes her looking for a better life to have the same opportunities as Donald Trumps' wife."

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

zoux posted:

Could be worse, could be unskewing movie reviews

People getting mad at realities they don't like and demanding that the messenger be shot

"Please ban the site that doesn't actually review movies, just aggregates others scores."

Also. "A bad DC universe movie." *Drinks bleach* "That's impossible!"

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 4, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Rubber Tucky posted:

"We're not attacking Melania. We just want everyone who comes her looking for a better life to have the same opportunities as Donald Trumps' wife."

P much. If the clinton camp responds to this, and it's anything other than basically this, they need to get their goddamn poo poo together.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://twitter.com/ArtiePodcast/status/761244591936856064

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Mrit posted:

No one cares if Donald Trump is being a hypocrite. He has done far worse, and attacking the candidates spouse is a loving stupid move for someone in the lead.

Right, which is why I said it would be a Bad Idea for Hillary to use this as ammo. But it does open him up to attacks from opponents on the right, and the media.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

Could be worse, could be unskewing movie reviews

People getting mad at realities they don't like and demanding that the messenger be shot

hahaha what the hell

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whoa I guess those rumors of Trump staffers going to WI to help out Ryan's opponent were true

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

paranoid randroid posted:

Hope Hicks, when she isnt doing literally everything else

kind of a bummer she'll never be hired again but she did decide to stick with trump past the primary

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey kids, its Grumbles, the Trumpian Clown

"little boy your parents are going to have their heads cut off by salafists. heres a balloon"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They should have had Hillary eat a power pellet labeled "mysterious clinton related deaths" and then go to town on the scared FBI ghosts.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

kind of a bummer she'll never be hired again but she did decide to stick with trump past the primary

i feel really sorry for her, most days

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hahaha what the hell

People are mad because a movie with a bunch of bad trailers was bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the comments on this reddit post make me laugh, everyone making fun of all the donald trump 4D Chess poo poo

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/4w4vud/poll_34_percent_less_likely_to_vote_trump_after/

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Last night (maybe earlier I don't know) CNN started playing a NY Times video of all the extreme hatred that goes on at Trump rallies, it's been really fun watching Trump supporters try to spin it. The guy on now just defended the 'Trump that Bitch' shirts as a marketable opportunity.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

hahaha what the hell

They also tried the same thing with the new Ghostbusters movie, because ~reasons~.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Venom Snake posted:

republican staffer friend on slack:

Tell him that we know and we're laughing SO HARD right now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

iospace posted:

They also tried the same thing with the new Ghostbusters movie, because ~reasons~.

There's like this big conspiracy online among DC fanboys that Disney pays off critics to say rave about Marvel films and meh about DC films because no one could possibly believe that Marvel movies are better.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

iospace posted:

but because they didnt think it got enough bad reviews.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Darkman Fanpage posted:

but because they didnt think it got enough bad reviews.

Yup. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a non-trivial overlap between the people whining about bad Suicide Squad reviews and good Ghostbusters ones.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

HATE WILL WIN

so did Trump look at The March To Keep Fear Alive and was like "this but unironically"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i wish top bunk wanker were here to tell us that trump is the smartest and that if only we'd read art of the deal we'd understand that this is all maneuvering by trump to put himself in the most advantageous position. of course we'd all sneer marxistly at him for his efforts.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
fuckin donald trump didnt even write art of teh deal for chrissake

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

There's like this big conspiracy online among DC fanboys that Disney pays off critics to say rave about Marvel films and meh about DC films because no one could possibly believe that Marvel movies are better.

marvel - formulaic - cool opening, conflict, jokes throughout, heroic final battle, good and cool
dc - formulaic - grimdark throughout the whole thing, even heroic characters like superman entirely unlikeable, jumbled plot, not jokes - bad

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/PostRoz/status/761230521896763392

Yeah, looks like this story is gonna happen.

THIS is the scandal that comes out of nude photos of a potential First Lady of the United States?!

This loving insane election

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
TBW, come back. FYAD has no power here - this forum is far too lovely for them to care

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Eonwe posted:

the comments on this reddit post make me laugh, everyone making fun of all the donald trump 4D Chess poo poo

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/4w4vud/poll_34_percent_less_likely_to_vote_trump_after/

I'm the "well actually" guy explaining the rules of chess.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eonwe posted:

marvel - formulaic - cool opening, conflict, jokes throughout, heroic final battle, good and cool
dc - formulaic - grimdark throughout the whole thing, even heroic characters like superman entirely unlikeable, jumbled plot, not jokes - bad

I think it's more they're trying too hard to be edgy too early. Marvel is moving darker (well, Civil War was pretty dark compared to prior offerings), but they spent time on the setting and the characters before going dark, and with reasons in prior movies too. Like there's almost a logical progression here!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Has Trump actually had his numbers damaged by anything that wasn't him reacting like a goddamn rear end in a top hat to some imagined insult? For example, he's straight up refusing to follow the lead of basically every nominee since Nixon and release his taxes but the big hit in the polls and the big news item is him going after a family whose son gave his own life in Afghanistan to save the lives of his squad by baiting a car bomb after his unit had taken cover.

He might be Teflon Don to external news like Trump U and all his other fraud but he can't stop being a complete bastard and it's killing him.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/4w45hc/trump_im_happy_with_refusal_to_endorse_ryan/d63x5of

trump is a post turtle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Newt just endorsed McCain.

• Locked thread