Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
For a minute there I thought Alliance were going to throw after a level 1 rosh and getting like 5 kills in their safelane before 10 mins, strangely out of character for them to actually win after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
ahhhh, eg finally decided it was go-time

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

jimmy beat xiao8

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I want to point out that I appreciate the casts that don't cut in until a couple pics in to the draft. It really helps make them not drag during the first four bans.

although Elder Titan game. ugh.

elder titan and HUSKAR game!

edit: and veno? wtf this is awesome

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/FollowAkke/status/761262467397718016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
EG 2-0 ESC (as they should)

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
OG running a core veno :sotw:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
notail venomancer gently caress yes

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
So what is the synergy, you just fate's eddict a huskar as he life breaks?

edit also tinker pick. nice.

edit 2 what happened to Furion?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Jerk McJerkface posted:

you false promise him as he's about to die, he's low life so he shits out damage but can't die, plus all healing is doubled so when false promise ends he's full life.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Huskar has a poo poo ton of magic resistance, meaning you can sink Purifying Flames into him non-stop at low HP to give him massive healing without having to disarm him with Edict. Also, False Promise + a low HP Huskar with lifesteal is disgusting.

Oracle's also good against him, because you can purge his self heal and Edicting a Huskar makes him completely useless and has very little downside since you're not killing him with magic anyway.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
How did Navi go from playing relatively well to not winning seemingly any of their "easy" games? This hurts to watch, and now the rest of their games are supposed to be extremely hard. They might 1-1 LGD but they haven't beaten OG in pretty much the last half a year, and Wings is a scary team right now.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

botany posted:

you false promise him as he's about to die, he's low life so he shits out damage but can't die, plus all healing is doubled so when false promise ends he's full life.

So the counter is you try to lockdown and get the Oracle? This draft I suppose you blink in with Sven or Mystic Flare, make Oracle either Fortune End himself or die, and then you focus down the Huskar?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wait, TNC beat Wings 2-0?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Jerk McJerkface posted:

So the counter is you try to lockdown and get the Oracle? This draft I suppose you blink in with Sven or Mystic Flare, make Oracle either Fortune End himself or die, and then you focus down the Huskar?

pretty much. high physical damage heroes like sven are good against him, as is burst. in this game batrider will be the key.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

botany posted:

pretty much. high physical damage heroes like sven are good against him, as is burst. in this game batrider will be the key.

snatch huskar with lasso, then let tinker laser beam him down, since it's pure damage and gives the miss chance. Decent match up.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

Wait, TNC beat Wings 2-0?

They're apparently good

it's v weird

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Elyv posted:

They're apparently good

it's v weird

welcome to the Jimmy Ho experience

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:

Superrodan posted:

How did Navi go from playing relatively well to not winning seemingly any of their "easy" games? This hurts to watch, and now the rest of their games are supposed to be extremely hard. They might 1-1 LGD but they haven't beaten OG in pretty much the last half a year, and Wings is a scary team right now.

If it's like last TI it's some kind of mental issue where they drop some games and instead of coming back just give up completely. They got demoralized last year, looks like the same here too.

Not like it really matters anyways, they're absolutely eliminated from upper bracket unless some miracle happens which won't happen. Their last games are Wings OG and LGD, and they have to go 2-0 on each if they want any chance.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Jerk McJerkface posted:

snatch huskar with lasso, then let tinker laser beam him down, since it's pure damage and gives the miss chance. Decent match up.

yeah, that's part of the reason for the tinker pick. in most cases they will probably lasso the oracle though. without that hero wings have enough damage to kill the huskar.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

It's not every day that NerfNow has a mildly amusing topical meme

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Superrodan posted:

i forget which event it was, but recently at a tournament na'vi was doing really well in, they interviewed dendi and asked him what changes they had made and why they were winning all of a sudden. dendi's answer was "i don't know!! we didn't change anything!! lol!"

na'vi is pretty much a diceroll, they just rolled well recently.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I really don't think Chickenmage was the pick here.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Knowlue posted:

It's not every day that NerfNow has a mildly amusing topical meme

To be fair it's only topical because it's always true, I think that's like six months old by now.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

botany posted:

i forget which event it was, but recently at a tournament na'vi was doing really well in, they interviewed dendi and asked him what changes they had made and why they were winning all of a sudden. dendi's answer was "i don't know!! we didn't change anything!! lol!"

na'vi is pretty much a diceroll, they just rolled well recently.

They won SL i-League StarSeries Season 2.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Has any of Wings been to Ti before? I checked Liquidpedia and didn't see it.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
wow, moon's time dilation just won them rosh and avoided what woulda been a disastrous teamfight.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Knowlue posted:

They won SL i-League StarSeries Season 2.

yeah that might have been the interview

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jerk McJerkface posted:

No.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
shadow blade sven. is that a common build?

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

botany posted:

shadow blade sven. is that a common build?

No, but he's getting silver edge to deal with huskar

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Jerk McJerkface posted:

iceice was at DAC if that counts

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Is LGD just loving trash now or what?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Knowlue posted:

No, but he's getting silver edge to deal with huskar

that makes sense! thank you

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
can someone explain why n0tail would go for Pike over Veil or Agh's?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
JIMMYYYYYY

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Peanut President posted:

Is LGD just loving trash now or what?

nah they were 4-2 yesterday. TNC was secretly good (or at least they haven't been figured out) and no one knew, is the actual thing

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ElNarez posted:

Probably to save the huskar, it has a very low cooldown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:

ElNarez posted:

Force is super good on Veno, Lance is good for sieges - especially against Tinker. Also lets him smack away without getting too close to people in Chrono. The stats help him farm faster too.

It's a solid item, he can always max out on his magic damage teamfight items later in the game. His spells do more than enough right now.

• Locked thread