Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Good thing he got the 10 kilos back on the market otherwise the East Coast's Job Creators might have ground to a halt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
A film about the good ol' boys in the Canadian Forces / RCMP attempting to launch a coup would potentially have the makings of a great comedy. Especially the part where they improbably succeed but nobody in either the public nor the international community appears to notice or care.

QuantaStarFire posted:

We live in a world where the UK voted to leave the EU, nothing makes sense anymore.

Trump could win, especially if some unexpected event shakes up the race, but each passing day makes that prospect more of a long shot. Like I said upthread, check out the wild swings he's gone through recently on Nate Silver's elections cast. His convention pump pushed him up to basically 50 / 50 and then, within days a series of totally unforced errors had him down at like 25 percent and his own surrogates are distancing themselves from his comments about the Khan family.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Helsing posted:

A film about the good ol' boys in the Canadian Forces / RCMP attempting to launch a coup would potentially have the makings of a great comedy. Especially the part where they improbably succeed but nobody in either the public nor the international community appears to notice or care.

"The Beaver That Roared"?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Trump isn't going to win math failures

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

For once in my life I hope CI is right

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
To win Trump needs to win all 4 swing states, basically Michigan, Ohio, Florida.. and Pennsylvania? Anyways he's trailing by 10 points in 3/4. Black people, Hispanics and Woman are all polling in the 20% or less range.

One of his big pillars of support was the military, and he's spent the last week taking a piss all over that demographic.

He ain't going to win, there simply aren't enough dumb white men to vote for him.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There was some guy outside my local pharmacy very openly trying to sell fentanyl. I would say at this point it's easier to get fentanyl than it is to get weed.

I think the mix of the economic depression and the invasion of fentanyl has created a perfect storm. If the oil economy ever does come back, there's going to be a huge labor crisis because everybody who was working in the industry during the last boom will have died of an overdose.

I can't picture many of the new strung-out homeless sticking around much into the winter here, I think the first week of -20*c, it'll be hard to find a greyhound ticket to Vancouver.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

namaste faggots posted:

Trump isn't going to win math failures

I could have sworn that there was a difference between a low-probability event and an impossibility but hey, that's just me.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

To win Trump needs to win all 4 swing states, basically Michigan, Ohio, Florida.. and Pennsylvania? Anyways he's trailing by 10 points in 3/4. Black people, Hispanics and Woman are all polling in the 20% or less range.

One of his big pillars of support was the military, and he's spent the last week taking a piss all over that demographic.

He ain't going to win, there simply aren't enough dumb white men to vote for him.

Yeah I think that for the last couple months Trump was, as the pundits and hacks like to say, "within striking distance" of the presidency, but between his total lack of message discipline and his extremely high unfavorables with every demographic that isn't white men it's getting really really hard to imagine a plausible path for him to reach the White House. Not to mention the fact the GOP establishment has every reason to try and McGovern him so that they can try to retake the party.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
To correct myself, it's New Hampshire not Michigan.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Powershift posted:

There was some guy outside my local pharmacy very openly trying to sell fentanyl. I would say at this point it's easier to get fentanyl than it is to get weed.

I think the mix of the economic depression and the invasion of fentanyl has created a perfect storm. If the oil economy ever does come back, there's going to be a huge labor crisis because everybody who was working in the industry during the last boom will have died of an overdose.

I can't picture many of the new strung-out homeless sticking around much into the winter here, I think the first week of -20*c, it'll be hard to find a greyhound ticket to Vancouver.

Good loving riddance. Calgary Transit should offer free bus trips, one way only, to anywhere that isn't here to these assholes.

"Waah, I lost my job and I'm sad, now I need to do an extremely addictive drug, and do lots of petty crime, and beat my wife. Oh, it's all the downtown in the oil industry and not that I'm a poo poo-tier human being who should kill myself!"

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

The conquering hero returns.

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know
I have such faith that the American people will vote in Trump that I got this free tower picture.

... You can take that as you will...

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
you know that an opinion poll isn't a loving indication of probability right?

loving lol idiot

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
If Pm Selfie can win, anything can happen

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Has he amended bill c-51 yet.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

namaste faggots posted:

you know that an opinion poll isn't a loving indication of probability right?

loving lol idiot

They are part of the formula used by guys like Nate Silver to try and calculate the likelihood of different electoral outcomes, so what exactly are you trying to say here?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

PT6A posted:

Good loving riddance. Calgary Transit should offer free bus trips, one way only, to anywhere that isn't here to these assholes.

"Waah, I lost my job and I'm sad, now I need to do an extremely addictive drug, and do lots of petty crime, and beat my wife. Oh, it's all the downtown in the oil industry and not that I'm a poo poo-tier human being who should kill myself!"

Maybe the poo poo-tier human....was you??

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Helsing posted:

They are part of the formula used by guys like Nate Silver to try and calculate the likelihood of different electoral outcomes, so what exactly are you trying to say here?

"calculate"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It's not really fair to compare Nate Silver's punditry on the Republican primary to his stats work on the general election. In a general election with huge numbers of polls and a series of one-vs-one fights that are all resolved simultaneously, his quantitative analysis is really good. In a primary election with sixteen candidates, staggered election dates over five months, and unreliable polling, he turned to qualitative analysis and was just as wrong as everybody else. Him being a poo poo pundit doesn't necessarily undermine the fact that he's a really good statistician.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Like many upstarts before him Silver found the temptation to start talking like a pundit once he'd built a good reputation for himself irresistible.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
no you see i'm right because i spoke to a couple morons on the street and i have this ggut feeling so

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Meat Recital posted:

Has he amended bill c-51 yet.

Hahahahahahaha

Barrie police just bought an armored vehicle. I cant even be assed to make a witty joke about it, its just sad at this point.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Ontarians with the new gender-neutral health card but no driver's license are getting their passport applications denied.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/gender-neutral-passport-issue-1.3707405

I guess it was too much to expect different levels of government to work together on stuff like requirements for official identification.

The Dark One fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 4, 2016

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I've never read a single Nate silver column on the new 538. Not since they let that shithead post climate change denialist bullshit.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

The Dark One posted:

Ontarians with the new gender-neutral health card but no driver's license are getting their passport applications denied.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/gender-neutral-passport-issue-1.3707405

I guess it was too much to expect different levels of government to work together on stuff like requirements for official identification.

Finally cis people will understand the pain of getting your paperwork sorted out at the federal level.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Service Ontario expects you to opt-in for home bill delivery service, then wait a month for the bill and come back because they're fossilized retards.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 9, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Yeah, let's have a pity party for wifebeaters and criminals, because you see, they lost their jobs and now they're forced to do these bad things! No one without a job has ever avoided physically abusing their family or committing crimes, after all. Bonus points because all these whiny fucks should have goddamn well known they were employed in a cyclical industry that shits itself every few years like clockwork anyway.

And if you're dumb enough to start doing fentanyl because you got laid off, or really if you consciously increase your consumption of any substance to the point of dependency, you deserve the consequences you experience. Blaming addictions on the economic downtown is ridiculous. "Hmm, no more job... I guess I'll start drinking and doing drugs all day!" -- something no one has ever said to themselves.

These complainers, who are wont to blame all ills on the economic downturn, are just looking for a suitable excuse for their anti-social behaviour. They can gently caress off and we're better off without them.

Now, what I do believe is that there are probably formerly functional addicts who are now hosed. I have more pity for them; they have an illness and it needs to be treated; it should've been treated before the economic downturn, but now it's more urgent. Let's treat it like the illness it always has been for them, and not excuse the new negative externalities of their behaviour.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

PT6A posted:

Yeah, let's have a pity party for wifebeaters and criminals, because you see, they lost their jobs and now they're forced to do these bad things! No one without a job has ever avoided physically abusing their family or committing crimes, after all. Bonus points because all these whiny fucks should have goddamn well known they were employed in a cyclical industry that shits itself every few years like clockwork anyway.

And if you're dumb enough to start doing fentanyl because you got laid off, or really if you consciously increase your consumption of any substance to the point of dependency, you deserve the consequences you experience. Blaming addictions on the economic downtown is ridiculous. "Hmm, no more job... I guess I'll start drinking and doing drugs all day!" -- something no one has ever said to themselves.

These complainers, who are wont to blame all ills on the economic downturn, are just looking for a suitable excuse for their anti-social behaviour. They can gently caress off and we're better off without them.

Now, what I do believe is that there are probably formerly functional addicts who are now hosed. I have more pity for them; they have an illness and it needs to be treated; it should've been treated before the economic downturn, but now it's more urgent. Let's treat it like the illness it always has been for them, and not excuse the new negative externalities of their behaviour.

I wish the mods would give you a free one way trip to reddit

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 9, 2022

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I wish my nephews dad didn't die from a fentynal o/d but I guess he can suck it up right.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

PT6A posted:

And if you are dumb enough not to realize chemical dependency can be triggered after just one usage then you can go gently caress yourself as well.

Get some loving empathy you sociopath.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i really wish people wouldnt quote that turd

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Weird BIAS posted:

I wish my nephews dad didn't die from a fentynal o/d but I guess he can suck it up right.

I agree, it's very sad and I wish he hadn't selfishly put his own gratification above being a good father to his son. I also wish that the government allowed him to buy opiates of a known strength at an affordable price, so he wouldn't have to put financial strain on his family or turn to crime to afford a dose, and he wouldn't have had to buy from a street dealer who gave him something of unknown strength that ultimately killed him.

We need more treatment available for people who want to get clean but need help, but we certainly don't need to be allowing the negative consequences of any addiction to run through our society unchecked simply because addiction is an illness.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

apatheticman posted:

And if you are dumb enough not to realize chemical dependency can be triggered after just one usage then you can go gently caress yourself as well.

I'm sorry if I'm not well-enough versed in the particulars of loving over my whole life and my family and friends for your liking.

EDIT: I think I'm going to avoid this thread from now on. You're all out of your minds, it was so lovely spending a week on vacation with normal people who recognize that society shouldn't have to tolerate things like spousal abuse and petty crime just because someone's in a bad mood.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 5, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

apatheticman posted:

What about empathy for the victims of spousal abuse, of petty crime, and everything else that gets looked over because of this "economic downturn," as if it's somehow not the fault of the perpetrators? That's what I object to. Somehow getting fired removes all agency from you, and we're all supposed to treat it as inevitable and sad when you turn into a drug-addled, criminal sad sack.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
god youre so loving tedious

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Ambrose Burnside posted:

god youre so loving tedious

If it makes you upset enough, you'll apparently get a free pass to beat a loved one or start taking fentanyl, according the wonderful minds of CanPol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Jesus, being able to have empathy for someone doesn't mean condoning their actions. Are you autistic?