Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

You don't want to fall into the MLS fan trap of supporting garbageman players like 2016 LeToux and 2016 Davies. No one in this league is good enough or interesting enough to avoid being sacrificed for the greater good.

I would get rid of every DC United player right now if it meant improving to a consistent playoff team. Hamid? Bye. Olsen? In the the Anacostia with you biatch. No one would be safe. Unfortunately the ownership is incompetent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

When he was fit he was great for New England :shrug:

Davies scored 11 in 26 for DC United. He then went on to score 14 goals in his next 87 professional games, 60 of those being with New England. Y'all can rose colored glasses that situation all you want, but he's trash and should hang up his boots and become a Minuteman or whatever you call those guys that shoot muskets before your games.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tigren posted:

Davies scored 11 in 26 for DC United. He then went on to score 14 goals in his next 87 professional games, 60 of those being with New England. Y'all can rose colored glasses that situation all you want, but he's trash and should hang up his boots and become a Minuteman or whatever you call those guys that shoot muskets before your games.

Was it really that little? I swear he was better than that but I guess numbers don't lie. Oh well.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
It's never a bad time to remind people that Charlie Davies is not an inspirational story, but a cautionary tale of not being a piece of dog poo poo. gently caress him. I hope he gets traded to the Ventura County Fusion and eaten by stray cats.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Was it really that little? I swear he was better than that but I guess numbers don't lie. Oh well.

His stats mirror Chad Barrett's and that's not a good thing.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
The on-again/off-again Fabian Castillo-to-Trabzonspor deal appears to be on again: https://twitter.com/Trabzonspor/status/761243618673909761

(loan with option to buy, SI says 3m upfront for the loan with an undisclosed fee for the option)

also, yeah I know Davies is a Local Boy Done...Okayish but from an on-field perspective the only downside for NE is that they did the deal too late to actually use any of those Garberbucks before December.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 4, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
IMO we should put some of the GAM from selling Sam towards TAM in order to make way for another DP.

sort out this byzantine mess MLS

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

It's never a bad time to remind people that Charlie Davies is not an inspirational story, but a cautionary tale of not being a piece of dog poo poo. gently caress him. I hope he gets traded to the Ventura County Fusion and eaten by stray cats.

This forever.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
I'm back to ride out the rest of this terrible year. Though I guess it really was to be expected. Been trying to spend less time posting stupid poo poo on SA, but I think I can wander back.

Was Taters posted:

Hope LeToux took that better than when Seattle let him go.

He took it poorly? I only remember waving him off at the going away party we had and him signing my scarf. Le Toux... :unsmith:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

foobardog posted:

I'm back to ride out the rest of this terrible year. Though I guess it really was to be expected. Been trying to spend less time posting stupid poo poo on SA, but I think I can wander back.

He took it poorly? I only remember waving him off at the going away party we had and him signing my scarf. Le Toux... :unsmith:

Seattle has going away parties. DC has overnight crews chopping down posters of you as you leave.

After that happened to DeRo, we simply stopped putting up posters at all.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Seattle has going away parties.

Yep, there even was one for Sigi just last week, but I couldn't make it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Seattle has going away parties. DC has overnight crews chopping down posters of you as you leave.

This is the one time I'm going to agree with the way DC does things.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
No lie if I could've had a way for the giant Fred poster to hang off the side of my house I loving would

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Former Fire player Kellen Gulley arrested for drug trafficking in Mississippi.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Now That's Gully

Also it sounds like he needed some Jesus and yet he was in the hometown of the mighty Mississippi Brilla.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Now That's Gully

Also it sounds like he needed some Jesus and yet he was in the hometown of the mighty Mississippi Brilla.

I too looked at his Wikipedia page because I had never heard of him.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

I too looked at his Wikipedia page because I had never heard of him.

I only know because the headline had Clinton MS. I know that town because of the Only Team In Mississippi.

Let's make jokes in the MLS thread. Live dangerously and without regrets.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I only know because the headline had Clinton MS. I know that town because of the Only Team In Mississippi.

Let's make jokes in the MLS thread. Live dangerously and without regrets.

Last time I tried to make a joke here I got probated. Hold me Fancy, but don't cross the line.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Schroedinger's Castillo is apparently going to Turkey...until he isn't.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jesus Christ Chicago:

https://twitter.com/neatguyonline/status/761669541986349056

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 5, 2016

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
I don't know if you guys remember when somebody posted the MLS cycling jerseys that were on amazon a year or 2 back, but I bought the last Chivas USA small size jersey in stock for $14 and that just makes me so happy

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I know there are a few Crew goons itt. I got 2 tickets to NYCFC @ Columbus for this upcoming Saturday. I can't go. Section 108. Will let them go for cheap. PM me if you're interested.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I know there are a few Crew goons itt. I got 2 tickets to NYCFC @ Columbus for this upcoming Saturday. I can't go. Section 108. Will let them go for cheap. PM me if you're interested.

I'll take em bud

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
TFC good? They're on a bit of a hot streak lately. Helps that Giovinco is Giovinco again with 7 goals and 3 assists in 4 games.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I've been to four TFC wins in the last 2 weeks. I don't think we've ever won 4 straight before.

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/762084012798144512

Seba is scoring crazy goals. Seba. Seba. Seba.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I've been to four TFC wins in the last 2 weeks. I don't think we've ever won 4 straight before.

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/762084012798144512

Seba is scoring crazy goals. Seba. Seba. Seba.

I love that little fucker. I refuse to believe Italy couldn't have used him in the Euros. He's way, way too good for MLS.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

DuhSal posted:

TFC good? They're on a bit of a hot streak lately. Helps that Giovinco is Giovinco again with 7 goals and 3 assists in 4 games.

Giovinco on = TFC good

Giovinco off = TFC bad

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

We know. :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DR AIDS posted:

I love that little fucker. I refuse to believe Italy couldn't have used him in the Euros. He's way, way too good for MLS.

He's already tied the MLS record for hat tricks (5). He's played only 55 games.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Giovinco on = TFC good

Giovinco off = TFC bad

Pretty much. Though they've been better defensively too lately. Giving up only 2 goals in the 4 matches.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DR AIDS posted:

After watching Zaza I'm starting to come around to that opinion.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

we did, last year

we've never won 5 in a row though

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

e:nm

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

Kansas City and Portland present The Worst poo poo Ever

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Azerban posted:

we did, last year

we've never won 5 in a row though

we sure as gently caress aren't going to start now

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Guitar_Hero posted:

we sure as gently caress aren't going to start now

houston is poo poo

this is our year

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
So found this on the reddit.

https://twitter.com/sfenwick75/status/761622051325153280

Is this some faint hope or just another false hope?

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

To add to that: three possible ownership groups for the Fire.

That article has a lot of great information in it, including specifics of just how huge of an albatross Toyota Park is for the Fire at this point.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
That is an astonishingly bad deal, goddamn. And I thought DC and the Revs were the Awful Stadium Situation champions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Portland locked in Diego Valeri until 2019. He wants to retire here, I love him.

• Locked thread