Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

It takes two to Tangrowth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Bartie posted:

Thanks a lot for the help! I had no idea about compound eyes. I caught a Nincada in the bug hunt now and I'll try my luck in the safari zone. 1% encounter rate for chanseys is a bit harsh.

it's a pretty low chance as well but check the mary + oak radio show to see if your daily swarm is chansey. that's how i found my lucky egg

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Are we going to get to fight with dex rotom or what

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

tangrowth haters leave at once. i will not tolerate this behavior

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

well you'll probably get in arguments with him

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

sharrrk posted:

tangrowth haters leave at once. i will not tolerate this behavior

Sorry tangroth is ugly. Tangela is the king of tang!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I forgot about m as malamar.

I'm going to pretend Litten's final evolution is a Rhakshasha.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Super No Vacancy posted:

tangrowth is one of the biggest offenders in a bad final evo that ruins the orig!!!

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Zoran posted:

That Nidorino is blue.

Oh poo poo! I didn't even notice. I thought he had given up on the chanseys and just posted the screenshot to highlight the level disparity of what he's forced to grind off of. Though now that I think of it 23 is really low, even for HGSS.

EDIT: Also the evolutions that Diamond and Pearl added to pokemon from the previous games are one of the few good things about gen 4.

Hardcordion fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 4, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll say this, I do wish Tangrowth kept Tangela's shoes.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i wish tangela didn't exist

tangrowth is ok tho

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Boomstick Quaid posted:

They should definitely allow Missingno. into pokebank but like have it turn into Kangaskhan.

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
Aw yeah! Thanks for all the help!

Zoran posted:

That Nidorino is blue.

Hah, yeah I wasn't sure if anyone noticed. Sorry about the poor image.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I just picked up Omega Red yesterday. Diamond is the last poke game I played, and I never did any online stuff or trading.

Is wonder trade just random as to what you get? I put up a Zigzagoon and got an Eevee in exchange. (I wanted to name him Steevee but it wouldn't let me.)

Any tips for early OR?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

anyone that doesn't like tangrowth please vacate.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Zombie Guy posted:

I just picked up Omega Red yesterday. Diamond is the last poke game I played, and I never did any online stuff or trading.

Is wonder trade just random as to what you get? I put up a Zigzagoon and got an Eevee in exchange. (I wanted to name him Steevee but it wouldn't let me.)

Any tips for early OR?

Yeah, wonder trade randomly matches you with someone else who clicked wonder trade from around the world. Its fantastic and you usually get a really eclectic mix of 1st route trashmons, perfect/almost perfect breeding rejects with cool egg moves, popular poo poo like Charmander/Eevee, Joke mons (Sableye with Stall, Miltank named 'your mom' holding a burn heal etc).

Also you can't rename pokemon you get in a trade.

Wonder Trade is amazing :allears:

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

mandatory lesbian posted:

the first game has a tower dedicated to dead pokemon where you fight the ghost of one that was killed by the mob

And we got Haunter and Gengar. Both lovable tramps.

Now, there are piles of dead children waiting to be discovered. We need a detective pokemon to help find these children piles. Luckily VII will have just that.

I have been reading a lot of stuff on the internet about gen VII

Edit:
So how do the gens work in a game by game basis? How much many previous gen pokemon can I expect to see in a new game?

Two Feet From Bread fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 4, 2016

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Looker shows up with a team of six Gumshoos.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Bartie posted:

Aw yeah! Thanks for all the help!

how many safari zone chanseys did you have to catch

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Edit:
So how do the gens work in a game by game basis? How much many previous gen pokemon can I expect to see in a new game?

It's varied every gen. Black and White had no old pokemon till the post-game. Generally every game has it's own regional dex which is a mix & match of new and old pokemon, but a lot of old pokemon don't become available till you get the national dex, ie the post/late game. I think X/Y was pretty generous with it's variety, so I imagine Sun/Moon will have a pretty big selection of old pokemon too.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Boomstick Quaid posted:

no the pokedex is a sensitive and expensive piece of equipment.

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

oddium posted:

how many safari zone chanseys did you have to catch

I've probably caught at least 15 in total, but after getting the compound eyes I think there were just 3. I figured out that I could use repels to up the number of encounters since the chanseys are much higher level.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Scald is actually has one of the highest burn chances out of all the moves that can burn. Also the nerf to Surf made the difference in power between Scald and Surf not as big of a deal, so it's seen more often.

Oh yeah, I didn't realize it was 30%. Thought it was the regular 10%. That explains it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What if you could put a net Navi on your Pokédex. Could Megaman.exe defeat a Pokemon

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
"Bulky Waters" is my folk singer name

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

greatn posted:

What if you could put a net Navi on your Pokédex. Could Megaman.exe defeat a Pokemon

i choose rotom

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I bet the evil team in this game sideloads emulators onto their Pokédex and are always pirating Nintendo games.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Countblanc posted:

"Bulky Waters" is my folk singer name

Stealth Rock is the name of my INXS cover band

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Oh yeah, I didn't realize it was 30%. Thought it was the regular 10%. That explains it.

actually it's 90% if you're not using it and 10% if you are

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

pikachu loves ketchup

https://twitter.com/_ryokn/status/761156731296583680

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
too bad doduo is already flying/fighting or whatever the leak said

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Countblanc posted:

too bad doduo is already flying/fighting or whatever the leak said

never believe leaks, even the true ones

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BillmasterCozb posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

BillmasterCozb posted:

chaotic_neutrals.txt

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

leaked image of alolan form weezing is chemtrail from smt4

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Can anyone help me out with a rescue in Super Mystery Dungeon?

880=71W QJ-=N2 12NOX94
S#%40J- NT3WFX 0R99SR3
=+8+4P5 3#Q=## R%-658K
#MKJQ1C P-J%W8 QCQ00HC

The O is the circular symbol.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ruggington posted:

leaked image of alolan form weezing is chemtrail from smt4

im leaking it, right now

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Considering the name is a call out to the French setting, do you guys think Pokemon-Amie is going to come back? On the one hand, it's really cute and harmless enough since the benefits are only in-game, but after grinding the 10 'mons I'm using on this playthrough, the OCD in me is hoping it won't be back. I know, I know. Like caring about IVs, natures and EVs, it's something completely optional, but when a game gives me a mechanic, there's a part of me that has to explore it to its full extent, and it gets tedious.

I wish I didn't have brain problems so I could enjoy petting my Pokermons. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Reinanigans posted:

Considering the name is a call out to the French setting, do you guys think Pokemon-Amie is going to come back? On the one hand, it's really cute and harmless enough since the benefits are only in-game, but after grinding the 10 'mons I'm using on this playthrough, the OCD in me is hoping it won't be back. I know, I know. Like caring about IVs, natures and EVs, it's something completely optional, but when a game gives me a mechanic, there's a part of me that has to explore it to its full extent, and it gets tedious.

I wish I didn't have brain problems so I could enjoy petting my Pokermons. :(

it's already been shown in some videos, it's back and it looks like there's even more stuff to do in it like brushing pokemon's fur

• Locked thread