Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

prefect posted:

She's being a little defensive -- people aren't looking to gently caress with Melania, they're looking to gently caress with Donald. Nobody's going to deport her.

Yeah, and the point is that Trump is focusing on illegal immigrants being raping satanists is hypocritical because the system is so hosed that even his wife might not have done it "correctly." The point is to show that the system should be improved and we should be more accommodating to immigrants, not less.

It's not saying "deport Melania because she's an illegal immigrant!" it's "if even the wife of Donald Trump had trouble immigrating correctly, the system must be so impenetrable and hard to deal with that it's a huge mistake to have a laser focus on things that don't matter."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Thought the same thing. I remember Trump cowering and Bernie... We don't even have to mention Bernie.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Okay, Clinton +8 among men in the Marist poll is making me squint my eyes skewishly

This while only being up 55-26 among Hispanics

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

if shes the devil they whycome she didnt incinerate the protesters with a gout of hellfire? yet more bullshit lies from Crooked Hillary

they're already vegans, what additional suffering could she inflict upon them?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tainen posted:

Thought the same thing. I remember Trump cowering and Bernie... We don't even have to mention Bernie.

why?

Bernie wasn't even upstaged at a rally, it was a different kind of event

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Well Rubin thinks Hillary lead the assault on the Benghazi compound so this would support Hillary's physical bravery.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Slate Action posted:

Okay, Clinton +8 among men in the Marist poll is making me squint my eyes skewishly

they're Kaine voters :ocelot::grin:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Doesn't the secret service have Fitness standards.

Unless the first guy is literally there to be a human shield, because he looks like he'd have a heart attack running alongside a limo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

You don't like any polls!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Xandu posted:

holy poo poo lol

This is going to be the longest three months ever.

for Donald Trump's campaign staff.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/do...aign=thursdayAM

Fight me, Donald Trump!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Deptfordx posted:

Unless the first guy is literally there to be a human shield, because he looks like he'd have a heart attack running alongside a limo.

He's probably wearing a full combat vest under the suit.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Deptfordx posted:

GOMAD is a thing friend, do you wanna still gently caress with that guy?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

It seems like a crazy outlier to me :shrug:

Throw it on the big beautiful pile.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bip Roberts posted:

Do you think she's wearing a vest under the dictator suit?

Wasn't that An Actual Thing? Like, that's why some of her outfits look so boxy, because vest manufacturers suck at making them for women? I can't remember if that was just a goon with some moderate knowledge on the topic spitballing or a more legit thing.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the balkan atrocity heap of polls grows ever higher

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Really low energy. They must be adjusting his :chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill: dosage.

Is this commuting to and from NYC going to finish him off? How is he ever going to get to Texas, Arizona and Utah if he has to fly back to NYC every night?

This is, to me, one of the most bizarre things about Trump. Who the gently caress can't stay away from their own bed for a single night? Especially when they can stay in any hotel they want? And US is huge so it's really loving inconvinient and time consuming.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

To be fair there's no way that's not an outlier, but it's likely an outlier in 'lol Clinton is gonna win this, that's just kinda nuts' topics, not like, she's actually somehow secretly behind or something.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

This is, to me, the most bizarre thing about Trump. Who the gently caress can't stay away from their own bed for a single night? Especially when they can stay in any hotel they want? And US is huge so it's really loving inconvinient and time consuming.

There's got to be room on that 757 for a bed he likes. Not like they have to use the cargo hold for a 4 person flight.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Despera posted:

There's got to be room on that 757 for a bed he likes. Not like they have to use the cargo hold for a 4 person flight.
Why does he fly home then? He could just sleep on the plane.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

This is destined to be a deep track on all the hilarious gently caress ups going on, but I still love it as much as the hits.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm torn on the Melania thing.

On one hand I think the immigration system is hosed up and the idea that a non-threatening model might have had to jump through hoops that made her "illegal" at points seems like another example of why it needs to be reformed.

On the other hand Trump has made "illegals" his thing and Melania is part of that. And I think its actually kind of condescending to treat the Trumps as hands off. Don't attack kids and don't attack disengaged family but if you stand up at a rally or a convention and endorse your dad or husband or do interviews on news channels... well, would any surrogate who wasn't related to the candidate get passes on stuff family sometimes get passes on? If Katrina Pearson had some questionable immigration elements she'd be considered fair game. Melania, Ivana, Junior, and the rest are all grown adults who know that their husband/dad is saying and doing these hosed up things and still vehemently going to bat for him. So I say we treat them like any other surrogate.

In the end I guess if Melania's immigration was "illegal" at some stage I say we should hold Donald's feet to the fire and have him address it, but do so by advocating compassion for Melania and all the other immigrants and the need for reform.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

God I love watching the Secret Service in action. There's just something so understatedly dangerous about these guys scanning a crowd with their hands hovering just outside their coat pockets.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

sarmhan posted:

Why does he fly home then? He could just sleep on the plane.
He probably sleeps in a sensory deprivation chamber that allows him to temporarily hear his tiny soul screaming in pain from the bottom of his black heart.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Slate Action posted:

+15 in a legit national poll, my god

it won't matter on the 7th when she is indicted. USA USA USA

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Slate Action posted:

If the poll looks unnaturally generous to Trump with Hispanics isn't the unskewing to assume he's doing even worse with men?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Slate Action posted:

Don't harsh my mellow, Slate. +15 is "Flip the House" territory and I want a half-hour to dream.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Trump hates illegals so much he married one- Is a line I'd like to use.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

To be fair there's no way that's not an outlier, but it's likely an outlier in 'lol Clinton is gonna win this, that's just kinda nuts' topics, not like, she's actually somehow secretly behind or something.

Do we have any other nationals that are completely from this week?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/761304173942018049
holy poo poo

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Okonner posted:

If the poll looks unnaturally generous to Trump with Hispanics isn't the unskewing to assume he's doing even worse with men?

If it's hosed up in two different ways I wouldn't say that cancels out to it being good.

Still, on the pile it goes.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

zoux posted:

Do we have any other nationals that are completely from this week?

Fox news +10

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Despera posted:

Fox news +10

And that's about a +20 in real polling.

Nows a good time to hop on journo twitter btw.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Grey Fox posted:

He probably sleeps in a sensory deprivation chamber that allows him to temporarily hear his tiny soul screaming in pain from the bottom of his black heart.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Grey Fox posted:

Given what we know about Thiel, I can only imagine what that man needs to keep himself going.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yeah wait till november

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Peter Thiel sleeps in a coffin

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I like how a switch flips and suddenly they're ready to fuckin' throw down, then the danger passes and they're back to bumbling dudes in suits.

Secret Service absolutely do not gently caress around when it's go time, and gently caress around at all other times :v:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
trump is losing because he's an rear end in a top hat, straight up

looks like some people, as sick as they are can't stand assholes regardless of creed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

And that's about a +20 in real polling.

Nows a good time to hop on journo twitter btw.

It seems counterintuitive, but the pollster Fox News uses is actually very good and doesn't have a Republican bias. It's not like Rasmussen or Gravis.

• Locked thread