Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

If you're looking for a racing game to hold you over while you wait, I'd recommend this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

njsykora posted:

Heat Evolution is PC, they have the Steam logo right there at the end.

When I clicked preorder it only showed ps4 and xbone

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

tater_salad posted:

When I clicked preorder it only showed ps4 and xbone

Presumably because they're not selling a physical copy of the PC version, all that would be handled through Steam's pre-purchase system if they put it up for pre-purchase.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Which truck hauler ruined the surface at Pocono?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Tommy Joe Martins puts together a well-written rant on the plight of being a backmarker having to compete against ride-buyers in CWTS.

quote:

There are several guys in the truck series that are flat out unqualified to be there. They’ve proven it time and time again on national television. The NASCAR PR world desperately tries to define the public perception of these teams & drivers. Team press releases, media appearances, and television coverage all skew the truth of the matter: most of the sponsors you see at the lower levels aren’t sponsors. You don't earn top rides in NASCAR anymore. You buy them. Then you try your best to cover it up to the general public or potential real sponsors.

A “development deal” is a kid bringing money to a team. A “development series” has become a place where teams can outspend the competition to help build resumes for newly crowned stars. People in the industry say the worst thing a young driver can do is get in bad equipment. How about finishing mid-pack or on the wrecker in great equipment? How does that make you look? Or does it even matter?

quote:

Sponsorship is a nightmare. We’ve allowed the costs in the sport to get so high that even small budget teams like ours are losing propositions. We’re so desperate for money in our sport that we’ve allowed sponsors to completely dictate the terms of agreements instead of the other way around. As the prices have continued to rise, we’ve lost control. For the amount of money they’re spending, sponsors want a guarantee. That’s why every “famous” cup driver has 15 sponsors. That’s why you see big teams with so many one-race sponsorships. Those same sponsors that might’ve sponsored me or another Xfinity or Truck series driver, instead chose to do partial deals with drivers that are already “branded names.” No one wants to sponsor me. I’ve never won a race. When I say it costs $125,000 per race to win in the truck series, a sponsor scoffs at me. When Kyle Busch says it, people listen.

http://tommyjoemartins.com/blog/problempt1

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Why won't people give me $125,000 to race in a race no one will watch? Don't they know I am a great driver that deserves it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
you shouldn't have to be a "Great Driver" to afford to run competitively in the third-tier NASCAR series

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Alain Post posted:

you shouldn't have to be a "Great Driver" to afford to run competitively in the third-tier NASCAR series

no but you should have to be one to be competitive in a nationally televised touring series

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

On the other hand, ARCA.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Elephanthead posted:

Which truck hauler ruined the surface at Pocono?

How did they ruin it after the cup race? Wouldn't they have been out of there by Saturday night?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Shots fired

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/08/04/richard-petty-team-owners-want-to-know-whos-running-nascar/

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

He isn't afraid to say what's on his mind. Dead on about Danica too

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
oldpeople.txt, right here

quote:

AW: Who’s not in the NASCAR Hall of Fame who should be?

RP: I don’t remember everybody who’s available, but I know of four or five who shouldn’t have gone in ahead of some others. I don’t put Smokey Yunick way up there, but he still should be ahead of two or three who’re already there. He’ll eventually make it. Tim Richmond? I don’t know; he has too much baggage. The ability is there, but what made the ability? It’s like guys who hit 800 home runs and aren’t in the baseball Hall of Fame: What helped them do that over somebody else.

noted performance enhancer AZT helped Tim Richmond win two races on his deathbed, so sez the King

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the paragraph about trump is just incomprehensible

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

wicka posted:

the paragraph about trump is just incomprehensible

Yeah, I cntrl+f'ed to get to the trump part but its just "old man whose spent too much time around fumes" babble. :(

Although if you say it in his weird accident/cadence, it makes slightly more sense?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Truex signed a 2 year extension with Furniture Row, and Bass Pro Shops adding 4 more races a year as primary:

http://furniturerowracing.furniture...orship/11101580

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

RP: I don’t remember everybody who’s available, but I know of four or five who shouldn’t have gone in ahead of some others. I don’t put Smokey Yunick way up there, but he still should be ahead of two or three who’re already there. He’ll eventually make it. Tim Rich-
mond? I don’t know; he has too much baggage. The ability is there, but what made the ability? It’s like guys who hit 800 home runs and aren’t in the baseball Hall of Fame: What helped them do that over somebody else?

I saw the "Tim Rich-" part and thought Richard looked up and stopped talking mid-speech because Mike Helton walked in and cast a menacing glance.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Elephanthead posted:

Why won't people give me $125,000 to race in a race no one will watch?

I don't know Joey Logano.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Erik Jones to Furniture Row next year. #77, 5-Hour sponsoring 22 races. Pretty big get for that team.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well, at least SRA is only one spot behind supposed road course ringer Habul.

I mean that still puts him in 24th but hey :v:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

kidcoelacanth posted:

. #77, 5-Hour sponsoring 22 races.

Huh, SHR already announced them coming over with Clint. Wonder if that fell through cause of his lovely year at HScott.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cygni posted:

Huh, SHR already announced them coming over with Clint. Wonder if that fell through cause of his lovely year at HScott.

I'm wondering if it's a double-dip like Bass Pro already does with FRM, only they're laying more eggs in the rookie basket than the :lol: Bowyer basket.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I had a dream like a month ago one of the smaller teams won a race. Last night I had a dream a car went airborne and hit the flagstaff killing 3.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Well Talladega is in a couple months so

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Derrike Cope's car literally just exploded.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

What the hell was that? Missed a down shift? That's loving crazy.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
either his brakes just cooked both tires simultaneously or he broke his crankshaft and split the block

that was one of the craziest things I've ever seen a race car do :psyduck:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That was fuckin bonkers

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
how Kes went more than a lap with a broken rear trackbar is beyond me

dude can drive

fake edit - and then SRA goes around

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/XFINITYRacing/status/762024147413327872

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I remember when Kurt somehow survived a GWC at Sonoma with a broken trackbar. It solidified in my mind that he was a driver who could drat near drive anything, and this was BEFORE he ran the Indy 500 and finished 6th in his debut.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

That needs to be in the OP.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 6, 2016

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Reminded me of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWgA00YbCio&t=40s

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

When did Whit Bazemore begin driving stock cars?

and if we're doing PYF Watkins Glen crashes, here's a doozy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98En4P1dyl4

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 7, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Btw, im willing to bet that explosion was the brakes being on fire and heating the tire until it explodes. The black 'smoke' would be brake dust.

Somethin similar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6EtF-Ll4hM

Bonus “Alright you dumbasses, c’mon!” over the radio.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Cope with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Please dont post my iracing videos, thanks