Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Cowcaster posted:

my favorite thing that overwatch copied from hit team based shooter tf2 is the endless loving bitching and moaning one way or another about virtual loving hats

all im saying is, nobody plays tf2 anymore!! wake up people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Also why do some people say "gh" after a round? Good half? Where the gently caress did that come from? Doesn't gr for good round make more sense?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I like the part where a good portion of the skins are low effort retextures (not that they're bad, but the actual work required is low). You guys sure spent a ton if time and effort creating those, thanks. Oh and icons? Sweet you're the best. I get the feeling everything Blizzard does has to go through a billion people before it can be released preventing many things from getting into the actual game thus the lack of skins.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 4, 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i like boxes

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

verbal enema posted:

i like boxes

how loving dare you

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Duck and Cover posted:

I like the part where a good portion of the skins are low effort retextures (not that they're bad, but the actual work required is low). You guys sure spent a ton if time and effort creating those, thanks. Oh and icons? Sweet you're the best. I get the feeling everything Blizzard does has to go through a billion people before it can be released preventing many things from getting into the actual game thus the lack of skins.

Red text checks out

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

verbal enema posted:

i like boxes

I like boxes more gently caress you

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

verbal enema posted:

i like boxes

im a cardboard guy myself

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
a man dips his fingers in fetid rear end sweat and smears a line of it on my forehead.

"LOOT BOX" he murmurs

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Isis just tweeted that they cant wait to buy more summer boxes.

So, support boxes and you support ISIS.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Really though don't get mad about cosmetics it makes you look like a bitch

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Verranicus posted:

Really though don't get mad about cosmetics it makes you look like a bitch

You must be reeeeeal mad then lol

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Just got the D'va olympic skin and I have maybe 4 minutes played with her, laffo

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Just got the D'va olympic skin and I have maybe 4 minutes played with her, laffo

Good news, she's really good, fun, and that skin is great.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Duck and Cover posted:

Shut up nerd

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Duck and Cover posted:

I wish I could say the same of your posts.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I'm changing my stance of complete ambivalence towards summer boxes to a solid like out of loving spite.

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
Blizzard is like a stripper, but I'm the one guy she gives free lap dances to when I'm already in the club having a good time. Also the club had theme nights and they let me in for free.

The bad news is my friends are hanzo and young genji and I'm getting fat and addicted to loot box

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone want to talk about overwatch

Well he's something related to actual game design/mechanics that sucks, is bad, and probably can be blamed on capitalism:

https://m.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/4w4vk2/official_blizzard_statement_on_defense_heroes/

Short version: "we won't ever let control or denial abilities be good because players might get a booboo, stop asking"

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

88 out of 110 heroes have been picked or banned competitively in the first 2 days of Dota's International. I think Blizz should shoot for a balance where every hero is at least situationally viable at the highest level of play. IMO.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Verranicus posted:

Also why do some people say "gh" after a round? Good half? Where the gently caress did that come from? Doesn't gr for good round make more sense?

I've seen this as 'good hold', when my team barely survived on defense at the final checkpoint.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
Where do I submit a support ticket to? When I get a goal in lucioball I don't hear the "goooooooooooooooooooal" sound effect. There has to be one right?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Well he's something related to actual game design/mechanics that sucks, is bad, and probably can be blamed on capitalism:

https://m.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/4w4vk2/official_blizzard_statement_on_defense_heroes/

Short version: "we won't ever let control or denial abilities be good because players might get a booboo, stop asking"

Mei being irrelevant is good and I hope it stays that way.

Torb and Junkrat are fine.

Buff Hanzo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Junkrat is not """'FINE"""

He's the best character in the game :colbert:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Reznor posted:

Where do I submit a support ticket to? When I get a goal in lucioball I don't hear the "goooooooooooooooooooal" sound effect. There has to be one right?

The announcer does shout "Goal" although I re-watched a clip of mine and it's quiet compared to the music. Might just be my settings.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bolow posted:

Mei being irrelevant is good and I hope it stays that way.

Torb and Junkrat are fine.

Buff Hanzo

you're the real war criminal

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Junkrat is not """'FINE"""

He's the best character in the game :colbert:

gurl he is hella fine :syoon:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

you're the real war criminal

only a warcrime if I get convicted :parrot:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Yeah this is pretty lame imo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm pretty hyped about the Overwatch World Cup https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20228352

USA USA USA :patriot:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
It's not like they're stupid for saying so. This thread is living proof of that. Buff D.VA, she gets buffed everyone loses their poo poo. Defense characters are still thought to be OP in the lower level of play. Imagine the salt Mei would induce if she was actually good. For the record I wouldn't mind.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

teagone posted:

I'm pretty hyped about the Overwatch World Cup https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20228352

USA USA USA :patriot:

I've never watched competitive Overwatch, who's the best

Is it South Korea

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Help Im Alive posted:

Is it South Korea

South Korea was never hugely into FPS games and don't really have the history that America/EU has with them, so they're at a slight disadvantage. They're still good, though!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

JackDarko posted:

It's not like they're stupid for saying so. This thread is living proof of that. Buff D.VA, she gets buffed everyone loses their poo poo. Defense characters are still thought to be OP in the lower level of play. Imagine the salt Mei would induce if she was actually good. For the record I wouldn't mind.

Yeah I remember after the D.Va buff people saying that she was way too OP and how she was going to render all other tanks obsolete. Guess that didn't happen.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Grammaton posted:

I want a Zika skin.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah I remember after the D.Va buff people saying that she was way too OP and how she was going to render all other tanks obsolete. Guess that didn't happen.

I think there's a big difference between people overreacting to buffs before the meta fully shakes out and the balance team themselves saying they think heroes being unpicked is fine. The former is just par for the course in any game, the latter implies that it will never be fixed.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Ddraig posted:

South Korea was never hugely into FPS games and don't really have the history that America/EU has with them, so they're at a slight disadvantage. They're still good, though!

They've been playing that awful CS clone that no one else has even heard of for years now though. Sudden something... ASSault?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

NmareBfly posted:

I think there's a big difference between people overreacting to buffs before the meta fully shakes out and the balance team themselves saying they think heroes being unpicked is fine. The former is just par for the course in any game, the latter implies that it will never be fixed.

No no, what I'm saying is that if the Defense heroes got buffed people would be screaming bloody murder in disproportion to how powerful they actually are, because even today people still call for Bastion and Mei nerfs despite them both being generally considered Not Very Good, Situational At Best. If Blizzard gave Mei a buff, for instance, people would be howling like a pro soccer player taking a fall.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think more than anything it turns out that the Best Defense is a Good Offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Is it South Korea

The best are a bunch of Europeans playing in America for some reason.