Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Golden Goat posted:

B-but where are the eggs!?

potato is nature's egg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

Learn to cook

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Golden Goat posted:

B-but where are the eggs!?

He said he couldn't wait.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

What I don't get about the picture of instant ramen with a can of tuna is like, we've all done this but why would you take a picture to preserve your shame for others?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Those look like spaghetti noodles :shudder:

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Sorry I don't have a trip report to post but I'm guessing they just taste like salt and beige.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dorito's just released some cheeseburger flavour ones here and they taste amazingly like a McD's cheeseburger. The question is does anyone really want them to.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Sakurazuka posted:

Dorito's just released some cheeseburger flavour ones here and they taste amazingly like a McD's cheeseburger. The question is does anyone really want them to.

I fell for this trap last time it came up (Cheeseburger-flavored potato chips). They were horrible.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Sakurazuka posted:

I love cheeseburger flavoured chips. I wish I could buy a shaker of the pickle flavouring they use so I could add it to all my meals.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

RNG posted:

Sorry I don't have a trip report to post but I'm guessing they just taste like salt and beige.

Why is Max Weinburg throwing potato chips at me like Gambit.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Guess the food.

It's a steak. A very gray steak.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus I thought it was a failed cake or something.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I thought it was pork loin.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

cyberia posted:

I love cheeseburger flavoured chips. I wish I could buy a shaker of the pickle flavouring they use so I could add it to all my meals.

Good news!

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

cyberia posted:

You can make your own.

http://fermentationpodcast.com/dehydrating-pickles-fermented-dill-pickle-salt-recipe/

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Guess the food.

It's a steak. A very gray steak.

nope, too much liquid, cook it longer - PCOS Bill

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

You know, there's tender steaks, and then there's those that can be cut up with plastic cutlery inside a rubbermaid container.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pulled steak

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I didnt even notice the container.

Was this a microwave steak recipe?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Microwave steak... I should look that up.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

SynthOrange posted:

Microwave steak... I should look that up.

I was halfway to becoming vegan, now I've been pushed over the edge.

Hello darkness my old friend.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/EmrgencyKittens/status/745870300013862912

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

:syoon:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Sakurazuka posted:

I went to the cinema the other day with a friend of mine who got those, while I got the spicy salsa ones.

The salsa ones were finished, the cheeseburger weren't.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Picnic Princess posted:

Hello darkness grayness my old friend.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Fishstick posted:

The ones on the left look like bee larva? Which are goddamn delicious.

I didn't even consider bee larva as something harvestable and edible! Now I'm curious to try them since they're probably sort of sweet depending on the nectars they're fed.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I just finished a nice plate of homemade alfredo, and I would like to share with the thread some "alfredo sauce" that was created by my parents in a misguided attempt to "do it better". I use a simple recipe of just cream, a little butter, grated parmesan, garlic, and parsley. Just something simple to coat some noodles for a quick meal.

Not my parents. Oh god, not my parents.

They made a monster of an "alfredo" sauce that gives me a heart attack just thinking about it. It's roughly two sticks of butter, around two or three packages of cream cheese, about half a gallon of whole milk (because "the liberals want to control us through 2%" :tinfoil:), an outrageous amount of cheap garlic salt, and Kraft canned dandruff product. The sea of grease on top of this makes northern Indian food say "Hey, tone it down" and the smell is of nothing but fat and despair. While it's supposed to be a sauce, it's more like a thick gravy or paste, and no noodle known to man will let this mixture stick to it while it slides around a plate like friction does not exist.

The sad thing is that they did this with so many other things.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Question: bottom left hand corner, what are those little hair like fibres?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Televisio Frankus posted:

I just finished a nice plate of homemade alfredo, and I would like to share with the thread some "alfredo sauce" that was created by my parents in a misguided attempt to "do it better". I use a simple recipe of just cream, a little butter, grated parmesan, garlic, and parsley. Just something simple to coat some noodles for a quick meal.

Not my parents. Oh god, not my parents.

They made a monster of an "alfredo" sauce that gives me a heart attack just thinking about it. It's roughly two sticks of butter, around two or three packages of cream cheese, about half a gallon of whole milk (because "the liberals want to control us through 2%" :tinfoil:), an outrageous amount of cheap garlic salt, and Kraft canned dandruff product. The sea of grease on top of this makes northern Indian food say "Hey, tone it down" and the smell is of nothing but fat and despair. While it's supposed to be a sauce, it's more like a thick gravy or paste, and no noodle known to man will let this mixture stick to it while it slides around a plate like friction does not exist.

The sad thing is that they did this with so many other things.

Please teach them how to make a bechamel sauce if they want the "American" texture for the sauce. I think your parents are not long for this world

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

cash crab posted:

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Please teach them how to make a bechamel sauce if they want the "American" texture for the sauce. I think your parents are not long for this world

That's not going to ever happen. Their idea of a "fancy Italian dinner" is that sauce, noodles cooked into goop, and a jar of Ragu with overcooked button mushrooms and greyed ground beef. Maybe some frozen garlic bread with extra cheese grated on top. They actually ruined soup for me to the point that I couldn't stand it for several years. Their idea of soup is ground beef boiled into almost nothing in water, a can of tomato sauce, loose canned corn, and overcooked potatoes and carrots. It was a flavorless mix of mush in greasy water.

I have crohn's and it was a nightmare having to eat their food until I could start buying my own food.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Garlic salt and Kraft parmesan cheese? That must taste like you upturned a salt shaker into your mouth.

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Aug 6, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

because "the liberals want to control us

They get points where they're right at least.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

cash crab posted:

Morgellons

That's not beef :tinfoil:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's not going to ever happen. Their idea of a "fancy Italian dinner" is that sauce, noodles cooked into goop, and a jar of Ragu with overcooked button mushrooms and greyed ground beef. Maybe some frozen garlic bread with extra cheese grated on top. They actually ruined soup for me to the point that I couldn't stand it for several years. Their idea of soup is ground beef boiled into almost nothing in water, a can of tomato sauce, loose canned corn, and overcooked potatoes and carrots. It was a flavorless mix of mush in greasy water.

I have crohn's and it was a nightmare having to eat their food until I could start buying my own food.

Hey man, at least you made it through. I was in the same boat growing up. My parents (mom mostly) didn't know a vegetable that didn't come in a can, nor a steak that wasn't cooked so long that you could wear it to block stabbing implements.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Hey man, at least you made it through. I was in the same boat growing up. My parents (mom mostly) didn't know a vegetable that didn't come in a can, nor a steak that wasn't cooked so long that you could wear it to block stabbing implements.

Yeah, I had both of those problems and also chicken cooked with foil over it the entire time so the end result was submerged in about 3 inches of fat and other liquids, with slimy skin and fat hanging limply from it. Fish was always batter-dipped and fried until it was leather.

Another hilariously unhealthy thing that they would make was overcooked lasagna noodles, cream cheese mixed with cream of mushroom soup, instant mashed potatoes, canned mixed vegetables, and overly boiled chicken layered and cooked with a thick layer of plastic mozzarella.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hey, hey, hey, lets not say thing about frozen garlic bread that cant be taken back

But yeah, the rest of that sounds awful

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
What the gently caress is going on in America that makes people think it's okay to cook things like that? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

White people.