Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ulio posted:

Ya Robbie was in some of the best fights in UFC history and he was a champion. Who is the guy your referring to? Is it a tapout founder or something like that?

yeah the dude who wore a top hat and painted his face i'm pretty sure. rip brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

manyak posted:

Yeah theres no way Khabib used to be on PEDs because he has looked scintillating in his 1 fight since USADA testing, a victory over the always dangerous on 2 days notice Darrel the Scorcher Horcher.
He pace he used to put on people before his title shot fell apart is indicative enough for me. See everyone else who "never gets tired" like Jones, Chael, etc

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

He pace he used to put on people before his title shot fell apart is indicative enough for me. See everyone else who "never gets tired" like Jones, Chael, etc

Who on earth ever said Chael never got tired. He visibly gassed in every fight

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Shumagorath posted:

Frankie, Nate, Nick are examples of people who actually never got tired.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Shumagorath posted:

Lmao yeah for sure man

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Is that caceres?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Is that caceres?

Yeah, baby.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm the kind of guy who sees through hype. For example, when someone says they can and would ko Jesus, I know that's just to get people excited and mad. Or if someone said that they were, at one point, on a boat, that would be another exampl of someone lying so that people talk about them. "Don't believe the hype" - public enemy.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The tireless Chael Sonnen, who tested positive in the fight he showed up with 14-year-old level bacne that he literally only lost because he was too tired

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

oh no not again :ohdear:

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
who are the most tired fighters

posthumous honors go to kimbo, dada 5000, and shane carwin, RIP.

for living fighters i nominate demian maia

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Chael turned into a giant gasping puffy mess towards the end of every fight

Like a more in shape kirby but instead of ingesting enemies he just ingested random bottles of stuff that make you cool and buff

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

TheUltimateDoofus posted:

who are the most tired fighters

posthumous honors go to kimbo, dada 5000, and shane carwin, RIP.

for living fighters i nominate demian maia

HOUSTON ALEXANDER IS FOR REEEEEEEAL

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
loving chael haters itt. Since when did the reality of hating him overwhelm the gimmick of liking his stupid style

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i hope chael passes his drug tests so he can get back on tv before getting beaten up by like nikita krylov or whatever

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Chickpea Roar posted:

He's just using the new strategy of looking like poo poo in your last fight, it's the best strategy for winning a belt this year.
See Holm, Miesha, Aldo, Alvarez, Woodley, Bisping.

michael the count bisping beat up the guy who literally everyone thought would clown on him even in his post steroidal post career faze. michael the count bisping is very cool.

mewse
May 2, 2006

evil spiff posted:

As long as we're discussing bets - mewse, you still down?

(all references to hat eating removed from previous posts, good job mewse)

Deal

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Michael Bisping is going to get destroyed by Dan Daniel hollywood Hendo Henderson and it will be just and righteous

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy
So if Dan won and retired, then what happens with the belt?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Tsyni posted:

Rockhold vs. Bisping III probably.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
we can say what we will about the curious prospect of him headlining a throwaway tv card, but his last fight was the first time he's ever been impressive in the octagon and it was really entertaining

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

ahaha, at least he has a carrot in his pocket

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Dan Didio posted:

Ian McCall is fighting Ray Borg at 203 now, so good for them and Cris "Cyborg" Santos is fighting the 'picture pending' .jpg from the UFC's website in a headliner at Fight Night 95.

Cyborg vs. some lady at 140 is such an odd headliner. Why didn't they get that Germaine de Randamie lady to fight her? She wanted to before but wanted to fight on the dutch card so had to pass.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Tyree posted:

Cyborg vs. some lady at 140 is such an odd headliner. Why didn't they get that Germaine de Randamie lady to fight her? She wanted to before but wanted to fight on the dutch card so had to pass.

because de randamie could win

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dan Didio posted:

Ian McCall is fighting Ray Borg at 203 now, so good for them and Cris "Cyborg" Santos is fighting the 'picture pending' .jpg from the UFC's website in a headliner at Fight Night 95.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

because de randamie could win

That would be so funny to watch.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i'm looking forward to roy nelson vs bigfoot, how about you guys

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bigfoot vs The Abominable Dough Man

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tsyni posted:

Nobody's ever actually retired with the belt so there's really no protocol in place. So far, three of the times the UFC has straight up not had a champion in a weight class they did a tournament (lightweight, flyweight, women's strawweight), and all the other times I can recall they had the #1 ranked guy fight the #*cough* ranked guy for the vacant title.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

Nobody's ever actually retired with the belt so there's really no protocol in place. So far, three of the times the UFC has straight up not had a champion in a weight class they did a tournament (lightweight, flyweight, women's strawweight), and all the other times I can recall they had the #1 ranked guy fight the #*cough* ranked guy for the vacant title.

GSP
Bas Rutten
Frank Shamrock

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i'm looking forward to roy nelson vs bigfoot, how about you guys

The most surprising thing about that match is that it hasn't happened until now

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CommonShore posted:

GSP
Bas Rutten
Frank Shamrock

Those would be examples of that second thing I said happening, yeah

EDIT: Oh, duh, you were talking about retiring with the belt. Yeah, those would be examples of the second part I said, where the #1 ranked guy fights a guy who looks like the #2 ranked guy if you squint

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Bluedeanie posted:

Who's gotta eat the hat bc of Woodley winning btw?

Me

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Tyree posted:

I have been wanting to see this fight since me and Sean Shelby's brain waves aligned and we came up with it concurrently

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

Those would be examples of that second thing I said happening, yeah

EDIT: Oh, duh, you were talking about retiring with the belt. Yeah, those would be examples of the second part I said, where the #1 ranked guy fights a guy who looks like the #2 ranked guy if you squint

Yeah. Retiring with the belt.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Just in case you don't listen to podcasts or something, loving listen to Matt Serra and Jim Norton. This week you get to hear about Matt Serra's favorite anime and masturbation habits. Who would of thought TRT makes you horny all the time?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
There's that Australian lady who broke that other lady's face at the last invicta that would be approaching a 'competitive' fight with cyborg I guess. They should do that.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, baby.

Should I like him? I think I hate him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Should I like him? I think I hate him

He dick kicked a guy so often he lost a fight he won. Real talk though I like him. He has a pleasant personality with a fun fighting style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Captain Log posted:

Just in case you don't listen to podcasts or something, loving listen to Matt Serra and Jim Norton. This week you get to hear about Matt Serra's favorite anime and masturbation habits. Who would of thought TRT makes you horny all the time?

Yes this gets better each week. I love that the official podcast for the UFC has one of their elder statesmen regale the listener with tales of making GBS threads himself in gi pants or trying to have a sly wank without his wife finding out.

• Locked thread