Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

:eek::siren: ZEKE IS HURT :siren::eek:

Hamstring too. No Bueno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
BRING FORTH THE END OF DAYS.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

For a full PPR league, what is everybody's opinions on zero running back? Who would realistically be acceptable as your RB1 if you go that route? A guy like Frank Gore?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

If you get 7 point QB TDs, Cam in the 8th with Kelvin back could be nice as hell.

But yeah, keeping those two RBs is the right move.

I totally forgot i had hopped on that rotopass a couple months back. Actually put them to use and most of the sites have Jordy ranked a lot higher than Rawls in ppr leagues. It's seriously making me reconsider hard.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Ty1990 posted:

For a full PPR league, what is everybody's opinions on zero running back? Who would realistically be acceptable as your RB1 if you go that route? A guy like Frank Gore?

Really depends on how many wrs you have to start and how many flex spots there are. In a typical league I would be cool with someone like Charles Sims as my rb1 if I was going zero rb.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Ty1990 posted:

Been pretty hard for me to pass up JCharles in the 2nd or Lacy/Ingram/McCoy in the 3rd in ppr.

But if you are legit determined to go WR-WR-WR, Dion Lewis is your 4th round pick regardless of where you are drafting in it.

If he's taken.... I dunno, Danny Woodhead?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

I totally forgot i had hopped on that rotopass a couple months back. Actually put them to use and most of the sites have Jordy ranked a lot higher than Rawls in ppr leagues. It's seriously making me reconsider hard.

Yeah, Jordy certainly isn't a super safe pick, but he's a good deal safer than Rawls imo, and probably go to score more in full PPR than Rawls

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Even if Zeke gets a clean bill of health my pet theory about him getting babied in short yardage and goal line is definitely happening when they can bludgeon Alf at the line or risk losing Zeke for a quarter of the year.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Alfred Morris couldn't beat out Matt Jones for goal line touches and scored a singled time in the red zone last year but the Cowboys are going to use him over Zeke Elliott? They'll telegraph "Run" to the defense while doing it too. Sure they'll be good at running the ball but you don't make things simpler for the defense when trying to score. Zeke is too good to take out of the game at the goal line. I just can't see that happening.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Even if Zeke gets a clean bill of health my pet theory about him getting babied in short yardage and goal line is definitely happening when they can bludgeon Alf at the line or risk losing Zeke for a quarter of the year.

Your contrarian stances are fun and good and all but maybe dial it back a bit.

The Cowboys are going to run the gently caress out of the ball to protect Old Man Romo and there will be more than enough to go around. Zeke seems talented enough to be able to dominate that share.

If they let his hamstring heal fully.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

Alfred Morris couldn't beat out Matt Jones for goal line touches and scored a singled time in the red zone last year but the Cowboys are going to use him over Zeke Elliott? They'll telegraph "Run" to the defense while doing it too. Sure they'll be good at running the ball but you don't make things simpler for the defense when trying to score. Zeke is too good to take out of the game at the goal line. I just can't see that happening.

We have no idea if Zeke is good.

But here's a fun stat: since Alf was drafted in 2012, he is tied for 3rd in touchdowns from within the five (18). Maybe four high-volume years was enough to grind him down, but it's also possible that last year was just a down year, and that he's still a very excellent goal-line back.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
FP I'm not questioning his overall usage just how many TD opportunities he's going to get on the goal line. They've already shown that they beat the poo poo out of RBs they don't care about. His yards and carries will be there I'm just saying he's going to have goal line work vultured, at least to start with, to keep him away from goal line sets. I always said he was a second rounder and if the world is just this will adjust his ADP towards that and stop the runaway hype train.

I mean I heard people saying to take him 1.01 if you wanted to ("anywhere in the first round"). A dude with no NFL carries.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

<laughs maniacally>

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
But what about the belldozer

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Azhais posted:

But what about the belldozer

But unironically

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I said it was Celek all along.

I wish it was The Belldozer though.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
It's a little early for "I was right about this guy all along!"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I didn't declare victory but most everyone ignored Vance McDonald having literal Cephalons welded to his wrists and I felt like I was insane when I was saying to pump the brakes on him because he's a real plain bad football man.

The Celek take is ancillary.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Having a tough time deciding on a trade that was offered to me. The league is .75ppr, we start 3 WR, it is a dynasty league with increasing salaries on three year contracts (with some complicated renewal rules) and a $250 max budget, we have not dealt with free agents yet. My roster is in win now mode.

I was offered:
Antonio Brown (1st year @ $55)
For
Gronk (1st year for $18)

My backup TE is T. Kelce (3rd year $7)
My top four WR before this trade are:
Jordy Nelson (3rd year $55)
Allen Robinson (3rd year $9)
John Brown (3rd year $7)
Sammy Watkins (3rd year $21)

If I took the trade I would release Jordy into the free agent auction pool.

Thoughts?

Edit: Welp, the offer was about to expire, so I took it, thought I had longer to decide...did I do the right thing?

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 4, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
IMO your value on Gronk at $18 was worth holding onto more than Brown @ $55. I would have stayed pat.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

My friend league voted last season to switch to keeper format, so this is upcoming season will be the first one with players retained. I've also been handed commissioner duty so this is my first time managing the league.

One team did pretty lovely last year and started to stockpile keeper candidates about halfway through so now they've got way more than they can keep. Is it kosher for them to unload some of the extras for draft picks? I tend to have a laissez faire mindset but I don't know if this is the sort of thing that needs to be regulated.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Teeter posted:

My friend league voted last season to switch to keeper format, so this is upcoming season will be the first one with players retained. I've also been handed commissioner duty so this is my first time managing the league.

One team did pretty lovely last year and started to stockpile keeper candidates about halfway through so now they've got way more than they can keep. Is it kosher for them to unload some of the extras for draft picks? I tend to have a laissez faire mindset but I don't know if this is the sort of thing that needs to be regulated.

It's kosher if it's open to the entire league to do that. But generally the way my league works is we vote on rules for the following season before the current season starts.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Teeter posted:

If it were my league I wouldn't allow draft pick trading until after keepers were picked and the rest of the roster released. I also wouldn't allow trading for future draft picks in that format. It's a weird situation because a keeper league is sort of halfway between redraft (where that wouldn't be allowed ever) and dynasty (where it's 100% OK) so I can see it both ways but my preference would be for it to be disallowed via policy.

Edit: It's also unfair to the guy that is making these trades to change/add the rule now and disallow it, because when he made his roster decisions last year he did it based on this being within the rules. You might have to let him get away with it and then make a rule going into next year against it.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

LmaoTheKid posted:

It's kosher if it's open to the entire league to do that. But generally the way my league works is we vote on rules for the following season before the current season starts.

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

If it were my league I wouldn't allow draft pick trading until after keepers were picked and the rest of the roster released. I also wouldn't allow trading for future draft picks in that format. It's a weird situation because a keeper league is sort of halfway between redraft (where that wouldn't be allowed ever) and dynasty (where it's 100% OK) so I can see it both ways but my preference would be for it to be disallowed via policy.

Edit: It's also unfair to the guy that is making these trades to change/add the rule now and disallow it, because when he made his roster decisions last year he did it based on this being within the rules. You might have to let him get away with it and then make a rule going into next year against it.

Well, that player is me, and I feel like people will oppose anything I do just because they don't want rules in place that could possibly benefit anyone that isn't them. If two players make a mutually beneficial trade then there will always be a third saying "it's not fair!" just because others played the game better than them. I'm in a tough spot because I'm the commissioner as of yesterday so I don't want to suggest rules that seem shady.

You bring up a good point that it should be done a season in advance though. I certainly stand to benefit the most from this because my entire roster is stacked with keeper candidates, and though I feel like I paid my dues by going 2-10 last season in order to prepare for this one I'll suck it up and hold back on the draft hoarding. I'll propose guidelines for next year instead.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

in similar overhyped TE news

Footballguys.com posted:

TB - TE Cameron Brate the starter

Source: 620 WDAE Tampa - Rick Stroud

Tampa Bay Buccaneers TE Cameron Brate is the starting tight end over TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins because Brate is making plays and has improved his run blocking.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

It's time to start wondering if Seferian-Jenkins is trade bait, as he appears to still be in Dirk Koetter's doghouse. Brate should be on your radar as a late-round sleeper tight end.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

AUSTIN YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

AUSTIN YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE

I keep shouting this into the void.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'd love to see ASJ on the Giants.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'd love to see ASJ on the Giants.

So he can ride the pine with injuries?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

So he can ride the pine with injuries?

Can't be any worse than our other TEs WRT injuries!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
What's the thinking on Alshon Jeffrey atm? His ADP seems to be in the late 2nd round but he's again nursing a soft tissue injury which is becoming a regular thing for him it seems.

Stay away?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

VietCampo posted:

What's the thinking on Alshon Jeffrey atm? His ADP seems to be in the late 2nd round but he's again nursing a soft tissue injury which is becoming a regular thing for him it seems.

Stay away?

He's an absolute monster even when hurt but I don't touch him before the late third/early fourth.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Come on Big Zeke. I don't need you tearing hamstrings beating women. I need you to be there for somebody to fall on that bomb and give me a better 2nd round pick.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Need a good and fun way to randomly determine divisions for my 10-team league this year. Thoughts?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Each person picks a player in the top ten by ADP (order of selection is based on order of finish last year) and the most minutes played in preseason between now and the draft get the different divisions (top 5 get one, bottom 5 the other)

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 5, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Olympics starts tomorrow. Pick a sport, give everybody a random team, and go by final placements.

Short Track Cycling and Synchronized swimming are both suitably ridiculous to watch.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Can I get a few opinions on this?

Rank these guys in a PPR league:

Mike Evans
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Brandon Cooks
Sammy Watkins
Keenan Allen

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ty1990 posted:

Mike Evans
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Brandon Cooks
Sammy Watkins
Keenan Allen

Allen
Nelson
Marshall (though I worry about the Cycle of Fitz)
Cooks
Evans
Watkins

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Ty1990 posted:

Mike Evans
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Brandon Cooks
Sammy Watkins
Keenan Allen

Allen
Marshall
Watkins
Evans
Nelson
Cooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ty1990 posted:

Mike Evans
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Brandon Cooks
Sammy Watkins
Keenan Allen

Allen
Evans
Nelson