Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ee thinks he is a special snowflake with a unique insight on how to play dota, but he is not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

how me a frog posted:

I know we like to joke around, but EE seems to actually be consistently poo poo over years of play. Why is he on a pro team?

I've been asking this question for years and somehow people always defend him. He's a bad player and a garbage person.

But I derive great joy from watching him lose over and over so its okay

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

seriously though everyone in the scene likes envy because he works hard and is considered a very intelligent player. when he used to play support on NTH i think it was basically the ideal role for him but i can at least respect the fact he hard work'd his way to being considered one of the better carries in the world even if he rarely comes up big when it counts.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

"Devastating for all the Secret fans out there"

From this forum I gather no secret fans actually exist

Weebs on 4chan want him to succeed so they feel better about their own poor life decisions.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

From this forum I gather no secret fans actually exist

I really like Puppey, he's my favorite player. I don't think he's the best player out there, but he's just so likable. :blush:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wanna know how salty Secret is right now about those two games.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"We're going to have to flag this stream as NC-17, because what just happened is illegal in several countries."

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Radical posted:

seriously though everyone in the scene likes envy because he works hard and is considered a very intelligent player. when he used to play support on NTH i think it was basically the ideal role for him but i can at least respect the fact he hard work'd his way to being considered one of the better carries in the world even if he rarely comes up big when it counts.

Who is this that considers him one of the better carries in the world though, is what I'm asking? WHO?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

how me a frog posted:

Who is this that considers him one of the better carries in the world though, is what I'm asking? WHO?

Clement "Puppey" Ivanov

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://gfycat.com/HilariousSmoothAss

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Yo which of the four streams is going to be the most entertaining for the next series?

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
Anyone got the clip of old eleven blinking into base to finish puppey?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

please tell me that's one of those randomly generated URLs

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

VikingofRock posted:

Yo which of the four streams is going to be the most entertaining for the next series?

Whichever one has Secret-Fnatic after that garbage fire.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

how me a frog posted:

please tell me that's one of those randomly generated URLs

It is

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/761358039341424640

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think fnatic are still yet to win a game so i dont see secret struggling with them

e: mvp ehome is probably the one to watch

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Radical posted:

i think fnatic are still yet to win a game so i dont see secret struggling with them

e: mvp ehome is probably the one to watch

Don't jinx it, jeez

edit: I don't understand how to watch this tournament properly, all the twitch links on dota2lounge seem to constantly point to the same stream, and youtube is an incomprehensible mess, most of the time I just click around until A) there are no lame flowing red banners and B) people aren't screaming in russian and that's the game I'm watching

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

how me a frog posted:

I know we like to joke around, but EE seems to actually be consistently poo poo over years of play. Why is he on a pro team?

EE isn't actually bad, he just plays riskily :ssh:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

MVP EHOME seems like it'll be the most interesting

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Pureauthor posted:

The real problem with regional invites shown here: Ehome is easily a top8 team but they had to fight through Wildcards to get to the main stage.

Edit: iceiceice on Timber is always a joy to watch.

Ehome was a wild card last year too though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Power of Pecota posted:

Ehome was a wild card last year too though

so was the second place finisher

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Elyv posted:

Nono, no no no. Nope.

My stockbroker isn't garbage, he just invests riskily! Yes he lost all our money, but that doesn't mean he's bad!

Wait that's exactly what it means.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Radical posted:

He's not one of the better carries in the world. Even on his good days he's just okay carry, and his good days are rare. A good carry is consistent. He's just a weeb who has a fantastically high opinion of himself and his "strategy" (which is always a stupid gimmick)

And the loving anime names, dude

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Elyv posted:

If "playing riskily" fails like 90% of the time it's bad

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Newbee vs DC has a ladyperson casting with a chinaman. Should be good.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
yeah there's like 30% of envy-risky that's like "rush divine rapier and win" and 70% that's "buy ethblade on gyrocopter"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
EE is consistently a regular International and Majors participant.

He's irregular as heck, but he is indeed one of the world's best.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

EE is consistently a regular International and Majors participant.

Bah, despite his best efforts, not because of them.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

how me a frog posted:

Nono, no no no. Nope.

My stockbroker isn't garbage, he just invests riskily! Yes he lost all our money, but that doesn't mean he's bad!

Wait that's exactly what it means.

I mean, EE was a carry on a consistently top 10 team in c9 for 2 years and then became a carry for a team that won a major. I think the weight of evidence argues that he is, at worst, average

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

how me a frog posted:

Newbee vs DC has a ladyperson casting with a chinaman. Should be good.

Anne has such a relaxing voice imo, it's nice to listen to

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

El Golden Goose posted:

Anne has such a relaxing voice imo, it's nice to listen to

Also I still like her after finding out she is unattractive, so she must be good at what she does.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also by the way Execration has taken more games off EHOME than Secret.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

My dota waifu is and will always be gigi from china.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

My dota waifu is and will always be gigi from china.

loving hell, you weren't lying? lieing? telling lies about those random urls

http://gfycat.com/SpanishDemandingHousefly

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

how me a frog posted:

loving hell, you weren't lying? lieing? telling lies about those random urls

http://gfycat.com/SpanishDemandingHousefly

actually now it's sports coach guy walking behind her

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

actually now it's sports coach guy walking behind her

he strides with such purpose in his gait

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Fnatic vs Secret is probably gonna be a stomp but if Secret actually loses to them I will be immensely pleased.

EDIT: Secret just copying what beat their rear end

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 5, 2016

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Newbee smoke as four before the gong to contest bottom bounty rune, DC alchemist is top. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

:siren: INCOMING MUSHI SF :siren:

• Locked thread