Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

I made her head hands and feet as big as I could and I'm a girl because IDK maybe i can get free poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I just got a phaser at the academy and I already am tired of this game

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I just got a phaser at the academy and I already am tired of this game

Congratulations! You just beat STO.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Yeah IDK this isn't for me. Respect for dudes who can do MMOs but I'm not one. How long until I can even find another player? I'm running around shooting klingons for some reason

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

You need to kill 100 klingons to get 5 ponytail drops

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I loved the idea of STO but I play games on a console like God intended. Also because I was a regular in the TVIV Trek thread when it came out and everyone was making GBS threads all over it.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Still more gameplay than Fallout 4.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I tried Warcraft when it came out and didn't really care for it and have tried a few other MMOs around the same time.

I figured maybe they had improved over the past 10 years but this just seems like the same old poo poo

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

mmo's are all poo poo

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Automatic Slim posted:

Think Riker insisted on an open marriage? I think Riker insisted on an open marriage.

Honestly, Riker having an open marriage would be the only open marriage I'd endorse. Most guys want an open marriage because they think they're gonna get tons of pussy, but instead they get none and have to act happy that their wife's pulling trains down at the wharf.

Riker might actually get more action than his wife.

Is Bill Riker in STO? I'd pay $100 for a Will/Bill bareback scene. $1000 if it were really good CGI.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Put down the sax and get to felching, boys.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i just wanna grind my sexy ferngi booty on some in game riker wanna be but you got me loving doing shield integrity fields and poo poo

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If Ferengi men have elephant trunk dongers, wouldn't that mean that their women have mason jar sized vaginas?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I don't care how alien you are, skin only stretches so far.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
This is when Dental found out romulan singularity launchers caused damage in zones that weren't supposed to be pvp. It got to the point where people would scatter if they saw one of us zone in cloaked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDKvv-dBvXA

Ticker tape parade in Bajor. (I'm the rear end in a top hat who shoots a singularity at the congo line)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVYyZaz7f8

The game used to have snowballs from the holiday event that would interrupt anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBAA_ryzOmE

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
STO got better since it's lovely launch but like every other modern game it's mostly just clicking through a billion menus and options that effectively make .4% difference in the end with no real explaination

The most fun I ever had "playing" it was when I burned out my old video card by running a keyboard macro that would fill the pubbies' horrible R/P zone with plasma coolant, Q flashes and warp speed effects

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Tighclops posted:

STO got better since it's lovely launch but like every other modern game it's mostly just clicking through a billion menus and options that effectively make .4% difference in the end with no real explaination

The most fun I ever had "playing" it was when I burned out my old video card by running a keyboard macro that would fill the pubbies' horrible R/P zone with plasma coolant, Q flashes and warp speed effects

Flying around in the ships could be fun. But the most joy was ruining some idiot pubbie's immersion with balloon animals and disco balls.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

criscodisco posted:

I play games on a console

Oh criscodisco. I never had cause to disagree with you - perhaps its fair that the first time you're wrong you're so very, very wrong.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

treiz01 posted:

Oh criscodisco. I never had cause to disagree with you - perhaps its fair that the first time you're wrong you're so very, very wrong.

Here's a secret: I was just looking for a reaction :ssh:

I am fine with games on PC I just like the convenience of a ps4.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Red from OitNB is JJTrek's Janeway right? Tuvok never joined Voyager since Vulcan was destroyed and in turn JJaneway never made it back from the 90's.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yep, that's her. As much as we poo poo in Janeway, Kate Mulgrew is great.

I suppose I never thought about the future implications of Vulcan exploding. That's interesting. Do any of the Vulcans have last or middle names? It dawned on me while I made dinner tonight that I never knew a first (or last) name for Spock.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

I'm failing to see the crew member, but I love the idea of a butt plug and a spray of flowers for a centerpiece.

Great, now I can't wait for Thanksgiving.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

criscodisco posted:

I'm failing to see the crew member

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I thought it had to be in that glass thing, but I couldn't make it out. Thanks!

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
another thread ruined by video game chat, ftge

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Just watched episode where Seven has to navigate alone through a poison nebula and goes space crazy. You forget Jeri Ryan is actually a pretty good actress because they cast her as Titty of Borg but it's a solid work from her and Picardo.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

criscodisco posted:

Yep, that's her. As much as we poo poo in Janeway, Kate Mulgrew is great.

I suppose I never thought about the future implications of Vulcan exploding. That's interesting. Do any of the Vulcans have last or middle names? It dawned on me while I made dinner tonight that I never knew a first (or last) name for Spock.

In the episode with the spore plants that make everyone happy, Spock tells that girl who loves him that he has another name but she "wouldn't be able to pronounce it"

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

angerbeet posted:

Just watched episode where Seven has to navigate alone through a poison nebula and goes space crazy. You forget Jeri Ryan is actually a pretty good actress because they cast her as Titty of Borg but it's a solid work from her and Picardo.

That really speaks to the nature of Voyager, that most of the episodes y'all talk about I cannot remember, and I've seen them all. Most more than once.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Endbringer posted:

In the episode with the spore plants that make everyone happy, Spock tells that girl who loves him that he has another name but she "wouldn't be able to pronounce it"

Spock's mom said she had to practice getting his full name right in "Journey to Babel".

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

criscodisco posted:

That really speaks to the nature of Voyager, that most of the episodes y'all talk about I cannot remember, and I've seen them all. Most more than once.

They have to put all of the crew in stasis and Paris is a big baby about the whole thing, it's the part of the show where Paris and Kim are really into their whole bromance thing.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

How the hell can you wake up and sleep walk when your stuck in stasis? Technically that's not stasis.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The Endbringer posted:

Once the actress who played Amanda was at a convention, and during the Q&A, the fans begged her to tell them what Spock's first name was, since if anyone would know it would be his mom, right?

She paused for a long moment, then with a perfectly straight face, she said "Harold" and moved on to the next question.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Automatic Slim posted:

How the hell can you wake up and sleep walk when your stuck in stasis? Technically that's not stasis.
Yeah that was real loving stupid.

Also, this was the episode where there's a giant nebula that produces "biogenic" radiation that kills living tissue but popping the crew in a tank and setting them to deep freeze solved it somehow. Also they had enough room to build 200 or so of these tanks. Also surprise, that radiation does bad things to the ship that was engineered to run delicate computations off of biogel neuropacks (oops the writers forgot this and instead say the radiation is affecting the ship systems/metal instead).

Sev is labelled as a bad actress because she was given poo poo to work with.

:Walks with exaggerated stilted posture: "Ensign Kim..." :pauses, makes direct eye contact: "these calculations are flawed." :Pauses, tilts head slightly: "You are relieved of your post until further notice"

The episode where she has Borg multiple personality disorder is also bad. "LOL little girl want to play a game-- graaaagh you are a worthy mate B'elanna Torres your be'vaH will bring much honor to my house!"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 5, 2016

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Star Trek Discovery might be about Section 31.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/bryan-fuller-hints-star-trek-175815903.html

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

FilthyImp posted:

The episode where she has Borg multiple personality disorder is also bad. "LOL little girl want to play a game-- graaaagh you are a worthy mate B'elanna Torres your be'vaH will bring much honor to my house!"

I disagree, that and the one where the Doctor is in her nanoprobes or whatever solidified Jeri Ryan as a good actor imo

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
We all know she's a good actor I mean she's a solid D cup.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

criscodisco posted:

We all know she's a good actor I mean she's a solid D cup.

Seven of Nine? More like Seven of DAAYYUUMMN

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

one time when I was like 17 I was watching an ep of voyager and seven was on the screen when my dad walked in, and he asked me what she was, and I said borg, and he said "man the borg are stacked" then left

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I forgot all about this scene where Harry Kim grips Janeway's mons pubis for additional rescuin' purchase.

Look at that crafty thumb go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
You don't gently caress with Janeway when it's that stardate of the month.