Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Teach posted:

I spent some time cleaning it up, getting it straight, then my daughter claimed some kind of prima nocta by farting on it and calling it the Trump Chair. So I'll be keeping this just for the story

I loving choked on my cigarette you jackass haven't laughed that hard in ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My vodka of choice was White Wolf or Kings Square. 8.99 for a handle was good poo poo

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
These are the neatest alcoholic beverage containers that I know of (I got them on sale $13 each (got two))

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Yes, I was drunk, why do you ask?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

GWBBQ posted:

Yes, I was drunk, why do you ask?

My friend bought one and started and traveling Instagram for it called Bernie's Journeys.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Teach posted:

I spent some time cleaning it up, getting it straight, then my daughter claimed some kind of prima nocta by farting on it and calling it the Trump Chair. So I'll be keeping this just for the story.

Wait, why does she call it the Trump chair? Did she do that when she saw it and think the style is somehow evocative of Trump's personality... or did she call it that after she farted in it because Trump is just a great big fart?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the same colour he is.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Unauthorized biography on Vanilla

The highlight of the book are the early chapters that talk about his experience growing up in the hood and being a gang member.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

davebo posted:

Wait, why does she call it the Trump chair? Did she do that when she saw it and think the style is somehow evocative of Trump's personality... or did she call it that after she farted in it because Trump is just a great big fart?
in England, to trump can also refer to ones butt trumpet, to fart.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
We use 'trump' for a good fart in my house, but I hadn't even considered the colour. Or even the fact that it's fake leather, rather than real!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Bought a new piano.

not pictured is the electronics to make it a silent digital piano to the benefits of my family.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Keetron posted:

Bought a new piano.

not pictured is the electronics to make it a silent digital piano to the benefits of my family.

Bought piano, ruined it, should have bought a keyboard.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

PCOS Bill posted:

Bought piano, ruined it, should have bought a keyboard.

Those kits actually can be installed without damaging anything. It's a big stop bar for the mute and an optical reader strip, and they can be removed if needed.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

NotAnArtist posted:

I loving choked on my cigarette you jackass haven't laughed that hard in ages

Time to start referring to farts as "trumpfs." :toot:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Dewgy posted:

Those kits actually can be installed without damaging anything. It's a big stop bar for the mute and an optical reader strip, and they can be removed if needed.

Even better, this one came factory installed so it is basically a feature. With not pictured I meant I couldn't find a proper picture of the model with the electronics visible (it was a bit late at night). It is a Yamaha B3 SG2, although I paid much less than the price listed here.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
That page talks about sampled sounds. So you bought a high end digital piano rather than a modified acoustic?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Aristophanes posted:

That page talks about sampled sounds. So you bought a high end digital piano rather than a modified acoustic?

It's both - hammer & strings + digital output.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

That's pretty cool and also gave me a flashback to my middle school chorus class with a piano that used floppy disks for recording and playback.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I got about a hundred 60+ year old vinyl albums for 30 bucks today.

I haven't had time to look through them all yet, but it seems to be mostly jazz standards, big band dance tunes and such. One cool find: some Dick Jurgens records. A group that I regularly play with owns the original charts for the Jurgens library, so I have played from the actual sheets of paper used to cut those albums.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Moved into a new house, much bigger than my previous apartment. Going to need to buy a lot of furniture.

For the entryway:

For the table on the entryway, to hold keys (about 6" across):

Two bedside lamps, because the ones I have now are awful and these were 50% off:

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Went on a book buying spree recently and decided to actually count how many I bought:

48 books total.

I think I have a problem.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Side Effects posted:

Went on a book buying spree recently and decided to actually count how many I bought:

48 books total.

More shelving will fix that.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Side Effects posted:

48 books total.

Re: Wool: you'll be buying Shift and Dust in no time.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Trabant posted:

Re: Wool: you'll be buying Shift and Dust in no time.

That's for sure. Too bad Wool was the best by far even if the ending felt rushed.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Dark Matter, on the other hand, is hot garbage. That was a recent purchase of mine and I regret it.
Hyperion is a personal favorite, but it's slow to get going and you really need to read all four books.

The entire Wool omnibus is great.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Dark Matter, on the other hand, is hot garbage. That was a recent purchase of mine and I regret it.
Hyperion is a personal favorite, but it's slow to get going and you really need to read all four books.

The entire Wool omnibus is great.

I'm reading dark matter right now and I really like it so far.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Subjunctive posted:

For the entryway:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

So this is rad:

It's three hundred and sixty hours long. Suck it, "Empire!"

(not shown: hard drive containing the film)

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Aug 9, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
What's the plot? Hope there's not too many characters.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

strangemusic posted:

So this is rad:

Unfortunately, I've spent the last 361 hours recording the new longest film in the world. Sorry.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Aramek posted:

What's the plot? Hope there's not too many characters.

It's a band that livestreamed the entire process of making its most recent album in a remote location in Serbia and released it as a film... except they didn't, it was all shot in a Vancouver-area basement and was a complete fabrication. The album was done months prior in a real studio.

It's not just 360 straight unedited hours, it's been edited and scored and stuff also.

There's also a documentary... about the making of the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhNum-b_58U

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Aug 9, 2016

nerox
May 20, 2001

strangemusic posted:

So this is rad:

But what if you have to get up and go to the bathroom and miss something important during the 360 hours you are watching it.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

nerox posted:

But what if you have to get up and go to the bathroom and miss something important during the 360 hours you are watching it.

There is a lovely new feature known as "pause"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

treiz01 posted:

Next you'll tell us that motion pictures have sound now.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

treiz01 posted:

Jesus Christ.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

CowboyKid posted:

Jesus Christ.

I know, I never knew about pause either. Thanks treiz01!

For content, I bought a 12-pack of Sam Adams Summer Ale for my dad.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My GF bought me a beard comb, beard oils and conditioner.
I think she wants me to keep it but I'm not going to grow it beyond a professional level.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

You are a professional beard grower?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
If you're good at what you do, never do it for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I got engaged this weekend so here is the ring I bought for my boyfriend:

It's made of titanium with a stripe of crushed T. Rex fossil (big reddish one) and a smaller stripe of stardust from an Argentinian meteorite. He proposed to me at a (mostly empty) restaurant, but he told me later that he had originally wanted to propose in front of Sue while we were there over the weekend but all the people there made him too nervous. What a huge nerd :3: